Talk Morgan

Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators

Posted By: donaldosaurus

Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 09:00 AM

This really is such a useful website for us all.

I first started when I wanted some knowledge on ownership. I was not convinced that I would manage to get one. However research was very helpful. I visited a dealer who was good (Beamish) and they had one which had been delivered but owner had decided there are better ways to spend money (Cannot think of one). So i was in right place at right time and wife liked it so the rest is history. I test drove it and then just kept driving, home!

Since then I have found this such a great source of information and opinions. I am glad we are not all the same.

So those of you that run this forum probably do not get enough gratitude for the time and effort you input.

VERY MANY THANKS and please keep up the good work.
Posted By: John V6

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 09:07 AM

+1
Posted By: Hopwood

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 09:08 AM

+1 cheers
Posted By: Steve62Hope

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 09:11 AM

Well said
Posted By: HJP

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 09:26 AM

I agree , thanks from me too.

The only problem is I spend too much time checking it out , why am I on now when there's lots of jobs to be done ?!!
Posted By: PaulJ

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 09:53 AM

I would like to second Donaldosaurus' vote of thanks to Simon and the mods. It is sometimes an onerous and thankless task I know, but even though frustrations sometimes show through various posts, the information and advice on hand is invaluable.

Thanks.
Posted By: Waldemar

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 11:37 AM

Thanks a lot wine you are doing a great job
Posted By: Simon

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 12:09 PM

Thank you chaps. blush

Like you, we're just individual Morgan enthusiasts. Talk Morgan is as good as it is, and the community that it has become, because of the quality, strength and diverse opinions of the members. I believe that people are able, and willing, to discuss conflicting opinions openly and honestly but remain civil and respectful toward the views of others. It has, on rare occasion, become heated but it seems everyone is always willing to 'shake hands' at the end of the discussion.

I've been part of highly moderated, and censored, forums before and they aren't to my liking; therefore, we trust adults to act like adults (and lets not fool ourselves, sometimes we're worse than children grin2) and because of this, and the caliber of Morgan owners, the site runs smoothly with almost no moderation. Most of the work is answering email queries, administering the software, new account and general house keeping. It takes time but you lot are worth it wink

wine

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 01:43 PM

Many thanks Simon. Keep us all honest and reasonable if you can!
Posted By: N22MOG

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By Simon
Thank you chaps. blush

Like you, we're just individual Morgan enthusiasts. Talk Morgan is as good as it is, and the community that it has become, because of the quality, strength and diverse opinions of the members. I believe that people are able, and willing, to discuss conflicting opinions openly and honestly but remain civil and respectful toward the views of others. It has, on rare occasion, become heated but it seems everyone is always willing to 'shake hands' at the end of the discussion.

I've been part of highly moderated, and censored, forums before and they aren't to my liking; therefore, we trust adults to act like adults (and lets not fool ourselves, sometimes we're worse than children grin2) and because of this, and the caliber of Morgan owners, the site runs smoothly with almost no moderation. Most of the work is answering email queries, administering the software, new account and general house keeping. It takes time but you lot are worth it wink

wine

You're far too modest Simon, you and the other moderators do a great job with TM, it encourages potential owners to become owners, helps resolve technical problems and encourages friendships. I add my thanks to the many others.
Posted By: Jays

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 03:02 PM

I'll second that Steve!
Posted By: Wirewheel

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 03:31 PM

Well said Steve.
Posted By: Black Adder

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 03:39 PM

I've bought two Morgans - a Roadster & M3W based largely on what I've read on here. I'm not a great contributor but I consider Talk Morgan and it's regular contributors a 'font of all knowledge' that have given me more insights and backup than I care to think about. The guys I've pm'd have been fantastic, responsive, helpful even when I was a Morgan virgin. So from me a huge thanks to the Mods for running it and to the regular contributors who make it such a fantastic resource for all Morgan owners.

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 03:46 PM

Oh no Black Adder, am I likely to buy a second MOG?

Wise words Steve. This forum helps us in so many ways.
Posted By: NeilL

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 04:15 PM

Hear Hear ..........great work x all and BIG thanks as well!!! grin2
Posted By: Robbie

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 05:12 PM

+1 from Ireland!!
Posted By: pandy

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 05:14 PM

...and from Paris.
Posted By: Brum Rum

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 05:26 PM

Absolutely agree. This is a great site from which I've benefited greatly.

Thanks everyone.

Andy.
Posted By: Dab of oppo

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 05:39 PM

It brightens my day up also to see what is onTM when I get home from work.
Long may it continue.
Posted By: Frank 4x4

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 06:08 PM

I second these comments wine . A Big Thanks to Simon notworthy notworthy notworthy , with Brian, Aeroman notworthy notworthy & Andy, Boshers. notworthy notworthy for keeping us all on the straight and wobbley innocent
Posted By: lightsphere

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 03/11/13 07:08 PM

To Simon and the boys in the Talk Morgan engine room I raise a glass, or 2, and salute you all, hell of a good job

ps If you are reading this Charles, one of those glasses raised is for you, love your cars, especially the ones with the big engines.
Posted By: Richard - Aus

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 04/11/13 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By lightsphere
To Simon and the boys in the Talk Morgan engine room I raise a glass, or 2, and salute you all, hell of a good job

+1
Posted By: Freddy

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 04/11/13 05:01 AM

Originally Posted By Richard - Aus

I'll second that! Thanks guys,keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Freddy
Posted By: OZ 4/4

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 04/11/13 06:35 AM

+1

+3 cheers
Posted By: Hook

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 04/11/13 07:19 AM

My thanks too! Although I'm no longer able to drive a Morgan I do 'pop in' to listen to the intelligent banter which in my humble opinion is just not available anywhere else. Just like Morgans you're unique!
Posted By: NorthernMogman

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 04/11/13 08:59 AM

Yes, thank you guys.
Without doubt, this is the best place to talk 'Morgan' and share our experiences....air our thoughts and aspirations about all manner of things.
It's a special place in cyberspace...where 'real' people discuss 'real' topics in a respectful, meaningful way.
Long may it continue!
Posted By: PeterG

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 04/11/13 10:48 AM

+25 cheers
Posted By: The Seeker

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 02:00 AM

thumbs First in from the colonies cheers
Posted By: Digimap

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By Hook
My thanks too! Although I'm no longer able to drive a Morgan I do 'pop in' to listen to the intelligent banter which in my humble opinion is just not available anywhere else. Just like Morgans you're unique!

Dave,

Intelligent Banter, you must be confusing this forum with something else hide

I think at odd moments some of both of those things appear, but I am not sure about the two together crazy3
Posted By: Budster

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By The Seeker

Tell me; how are you getting on without us, over there now? toff winky

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By Budster

Nice one Budster. IMHO they cannot pronounce buoy but agree it floats with buoyancy! Lets not even try aluminium.

I am delighted that there is a big support for our magnificent 3 wheeled devices in the Colonies. They are even getting good at rugby too!
Posted By: PaulJ

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 08:53 AM

and, it would appear that some guy called Beckham is helping them with their footba,.....whoops, I mean soccer too?

We love you all. Especially anyone with an interest in Morgans, obviously, trikes in particular.
Posted By: Chris99

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By PaulJ
and, it would appear that some guy called Beckham is helping them with their footba,.....whoops, I mean soccer too?

And not forgetting Sir Ben Ainslie winning them the Americas Cup.....

My thanks too for an excellent forum which has been instrumental in my ordering a M3W.

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 01:16 PM

Two nations divided by a common language but brought together by a true love of a certain brand of motor vehicle.

I really enjoy this forum and the knowledge it brings. It brought me logically to a purchase for which I am grateful.

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By Chris99
Originally Posted By PaulJ

And not forgetting Sir Ben Ainslie winning them the Americas Cup.....

My thanks too for an excellent forum which has been instrumental in my ordering a M3W.

I stand to be corrected on this, but didn't the US Americas Cup boat only have one US citizen on board once Ainslie had joined as tactician? winky
boat

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 02:54 PM

Digimap, Intelligent Banter? You bet. Have a look at a few other sites! Sometimes there is little of either. Cultural desert comes to mind. Having swapped to 'another marque' I do not wish to discuss how many horses I'm packing or what 'is going down'. My equestrian baggage is not open to discussion. As for the latter, the mind boggles! wink
Cheers, Dave
Posted By: Frank 4x4

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By Hook
Digimap, Intelligent Banter? You bet. Have a look at a few other sites! Sometimes there is little of either. Cultural desert comes to mind.Cheers, Dave

Well Said, that Man thumbs ,

and for bringing the thread back nicely away from 'Antipodean Adulation' slap ooo

to the original and more important 'Vote of Thanks to the TM Moderators' notworthy notworthy farmer

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 05/11/13 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By donaldosaurus
Originally Posted By Budster

If you disregard POTUS, like we wish we could ... we've been better !
thumbs cheers

Nice one Budster. IMHO they cannot pronounce buoy but agree it floats with buoyancy! Lets not even try aluminium.

I am delighted that there is a big support for our magnificent 3 wheeled devices in the Colonies. They are even getting good at rugby too!

Yes, the M3W and Rugby have gained favor ... er ... doh favour.
thumbs cheers

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 19/11/13 03:13 AM

And then 2 weeks of silence ? tumbleweed

No one else ?

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 19/11/13 05:40 AM

Anyone want to talk about Cricket?? somestick

And the skipper of the American boat was an Aussie hide

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 19/11/13 05:46 AM

Dave,

I was being tongue in cheek, but I agree, I have seen other forums, and its all about "how big it is" not about what you can do to improve or fix what you have. I think that Morgan owners are special as we tend to wait a long time to buy something we are always trying to make better, and when we get it nice go out and buy another one to start all over again. cheers

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 19/11/13 09:26 AM

Digimap, what is cricket, why do you want to talk about these small animals?

Achim from Germany budster who will look Fussball this evening
Posted By: Clipper

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 19/11/13 09:33 AM

Originally Posted By Waldemar
Digimap, what is cricket, why do you want to talk about these small animals?

The main thing is there are no penalty kicks to worry about Waldemar hide

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 19/11/13 09:38 AM

Clipper, you will read my answer tomorrow cheers

Achim

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 19/11/13 12:11 PM

I do smile

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 20/11/13 04:46 AM

not yet, I want to be three up before I start discussions smile
Posted By: Boshly

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 20/11/13 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By Waldemar
Clipper, you will read my answer tomorrow cheers

Achim

I can't hear you speakno hide

smile

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 20/11/13 07:37 AM

I slept well this night, no worries mates joy laugh2

Achim

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 20/11/13 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By Digimap
not yet, I want to be three up before I start discussions smile

Overs? Runs? Boundaries? You are setting the bar low smile

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 21/11/13 01:00 AM

anything, I am glad we are batting first, as we will be in the lead at the end of today (Maybe) joy

1 for 71 not to bad

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 21/11/13 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By Digimap
anything, I am glad we are batting first, as we will be in the lead at the end of today (Maybe) joy

1 for 71 not to bad

Or...more accurately!

1-12 (Rogers, 3.1 ov), 2-71 (Watson, 24.3 ov), 3-73 (Clarke, 26.4 ov), 4-83 (Warner, 30.3 ov), 5-100 (Bailey, 35.3 ov), 6-132 (Smith, 44.3 ov)

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 21/11/13 03:48 AM

oooHave you seen the results for the AFL draft, I am really looking forward to the football season starting sos

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 21/11/13 07:07 AM

Sadly not - still very much enjoying the cricket!!

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 21/11/13 12:59 PM

Many thanks to the Aussie media and fans for getting Broady all fired up. I hope they keep up the good work....

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 21/11/13 10:00 PM

Indeed! I wish however they would just add some respect to him. No Aussie has (or ever will) walk. What did Broad do wrong???

I did like the fact that somebody changed the Brisbane Courier Wikipedia entry and named the editor as one Stuart Broad smile

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 02:07 AM

Almost ready to discuss cricket again innocent

Let you know on the next change of mind laugh2

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 02:09 AM

Indeed! I wish however they would just add some respect to him. No Aussie has (or ever will) walk. What did Broad do wrong???

I did like the fact that somebody changed the Brisbane Courier Wikipedia entry and named the editor as one Stuart Broad smile

Dont quote that to Gilchrist listening

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 02:58 AM

One doesn't prove the rule!!! smile

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 09:04 AM

I woke up this morning to discover that normal service has been resumed, and we're back to the days when you heard the words "England Batting" that you knew the word "Collapse" wouldn't be far behind....

Hey ho.

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By pandy
I woke up this morning to discover that normal service has been resumed, and we're back to the days when you heard the words "England Batting" that you knew the word "Collapse" wouldn't be far behind....

Hey ho.

I got de ja vu when Prior went for a golden duck and a hat-trick was on the cards. Rain dance anyone?

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 11:52 AM

Hey ho.

I got de ja vu when Prior went for a golden duck and a hat-trick was on the cards. Rain dance anyone?

I suspect that this could go on for weeks!! somestick

laugh2
Posted By: Peter J

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 01:31 PM

Hey ho.

Just finished watching the "lowlights" of the MCC Innings on Star TV here in India. Ye Gods, collapse isn't the word,that suggests there was some backbone at the start. They were consistently terrible.

Unless this is a cunning plan designed to lull the Aussies into a false sense of security....

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By Aldermog

Unless this is a cunning plan designed to lull the Aussies into a false sense of security....

If it is, it's a plan of truly Baldrickian cunning.

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By Aldermog

If it is, it's a plan of truly Baldrickian cunning.

So cunning you could put a tail on it....oh it was our tail that scored the runs.

Nothing like a wounded bull is there....

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/11/13 02:15 PM

It appears that cricket lovers are the best at going off topic?

I am still grateful to the moderators and administrators.

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/04/14 07:41 AM

Hi, Just popped in and saw your post. It's really strange being non-Mog. Life without a Mog is just not the same at all. The Audi TT is fine but we miss all the space inside a Mog, behind the seats particularly. To be fair I can't drive a Mog any more so we 'make do'with what we have and are grateful we can get 'out and about'. Particularly miss the banter, meeting up with other owners and being part of something very special. I think every trip in a Mog had a sense of 'occasion' which I doubt can be replicated in anything else. It was the dream, we lived the dream and dream the dream....in a TT! I still wave at you all too. Anyone spotted our Black and Grey 4/4, near Padstow I think? Dave, Black Audi TT Reg. N3 SDT
Posted By: A11OGE

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/04/14 01:04 PM

Happy you feel you can still pop in. The door is always open.
Posted By: Wirewheel

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 22/04/14 05:12 PM

Hook, good to hear from you again

Re: Thank you Talk Morgan and moderators - 23/04/14 07:50 AM

Cheers Guys!
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News