Talk Morgan

Bluetooth Speaker?

Posted By: Royal Lichter

Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 04:37 AM

Hello guys, is anyone aware of a suitable bluetooth speaker for the 3 Wheeler? Most of the time I'm busy listening to the magnificent S&S V-Twin, but it would be nice to occasionally be able to listen to tunes or the news on the drive home from work.

I have seen some motorcycle ones that clamp onto handlebars, but not sure about whether or not that would work on the roll hoops. Seems to be the ideal place to put it but figured I'd ask.

Anyways, this place is great and it's the coolest car I have ever owned. Thanks all to your level of enthusiasm for this unique piece of engineering.
Posted By: The Austrian

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 07:45 AM

The only sensible thing I could imagine are headphones. Best with noise suppression systems.

Posted By: KEVFITZ

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 08:15 AM

I did a piece on a comparison on a Bose soundlink mini and a JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth rechargeable speakers for my +4 Supersports.

The JBL came out tops for volume and tonal range in my experience
Posted By: LightSpeed

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 11:15 AM

Ear buds will work and they will fit under a helmet if you must wear one. I tried a separate speaker on the transmission tunnel near the shifter but the exhaust noise makes it not practical. We currently have Bluetooth communication added to our helmets. Music, helmet to helmet intercom, fm radio and phone.
Posted By: Nickplus4

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 05:36 PM

I bought a Bose soundlink mini for my Plus 4 for long journeys in France. Popped it in the glove compartment. Sounds brilliant stationary. But at anything over 40mph you cannot really hear it.
I use it in the home now.

Nick
Posted By: nick w

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 05:58 PM

Bose soundwear is the answer.
Nick
Posted By: Marmota

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 06:23 PM

I would suggest helmet intercom speakers.

A regular external speaker, unless it has a huge power, will be useless above certain speed.

And careful with headphones / ear buds… here in Europe they're forbidden! You can't use something IN your ear that doesn't allow you listen to the environment properly.

With the helmet intercoms, there is a shady interpretation, as their speakers are not IN your ears, so some judges in Spain consider them external speakers as the ones in a car, and cancel your police ticket, but others don't…

Yes I wrote “judges” as we are in a huge fight of the motorcyclists against the road police regarding these intercoms and many trials regarding those happened recently… I know because I’m planning to add intercoms to our helmets, and knew by biker friends that there is this fight.

But this means you have to wear a helmet...
Posted By: britmog

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 10:30 PM

My Bluetooth hearing aids are brilliant, for phone, sat nav, music, radio and can be connected to an intercom. I wear a cloth flying helmet to keep out the wind noise or a helmet if raining and I can hear as well!!!
Posted By: Mkiss

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 02/11/19 10:49 PM

I use JBL BT ear plugs for phone, nav and rarely for music.
Sound quality is much bettter than in any other jbl device.
And yes I can hear the rest of the world.

Miklos
Posted By: TimG

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 03/11/19 07:43 AM

Perhaps one of those mono to stereo connectors would work with one earbud so that you are not sonically isolated. If you were involved in any incident & had been wearing phones in both ears it maybe counted against you as you were not fully aware.

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 03/11/19 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by britmog
My Bluetooth hearing aids are brilliant, for phone, sat nav, music, radio and can be connected to an intercom. I wear a cloth flying helmet to keep out the wind noise or a helmet if raining and I can hear as well!!!

Bruce, hearing aides have come a long way and piping in music, phone and other Bluetooth conveniences is something the authorities would have a tough denying the owner.

How long will the battery charge last?

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 03/11/19 03:45 PM

My batteries last 4 days on average.

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 03/11/19 06:31 PM

I have no idea about how the authorities in the USA act if they see you with earplugs or headphones.

And I agree that you can still hear your surroundings unless you rise the volume above reasonable. But it happens the same when you put a helmet on! Isn't?

But, for European drivers, I can tell you that here in Europe, if they see you driving your car, motorcycle, bicycle, scooter or anything with wheels on a road, with headphones you get a beautiful ticket... (200 €) and you’ll lose 3 points of your license. swear It’s totally forbidden. redcard

Same if you’re wearing a headset, despite it just goes in one ear…

And if you have an accident and you’re reported being wearing headphones or a headset, your insurance declines all responsibilities. budster

So if you drive in Europe, be aware of it, and be careful if you use headphones, earplugs or a headset…

Only the intercoms in a helmet are starting to escape (but not always) this prohibition, because, as I explained, they not IN your ears.

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 03/11/19 08:32 PM

Bose soundwear, I tell you. All the benefits of stereo headphones but not headphones they are sat on your neck. They work really well.
Nick

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 03/11/19 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by nick w
Bose soundwear, I tell you. All the benefits of stereo headphones but not headphones they are sat on your neck. They work really well.
Nick

+1

This is THE solution!

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 03/11/19 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by britmog
My batteries last 4 days on average.

Thank you👍

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 04/11/19 06:05 PM

You can't prosecute for the wearing of hearing aids and nobody knows what you are listening too or quite often that you are even wearing them.
Posted By: Gambalunga

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 05/11/19 01:24 PM

Nick

I had never heard of the Bose Sound wear and it certainly looks good. I am sure it is the best but it sure is expensive. There seem to be a heap of low cost alternatives if someone wanted to try out the concept before committing to a major expense.

https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wearable-speaker.html?channel=direct&searchType=mainSearch

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 05/11/19 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gambalunga
[quote=nick w]Bose soundwear is the answer.
Nick

I had never heard of the Bose Sound wear and it certainly looks good. I am sure it is the best but it sure is expensive. There seem to be a heap of low cost alternatives if someone wanted to try out the concept before committing to a major expense.

https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wearable-speaker.html?channel=direct&searchType=mainSearch[/q

The thing is that the Bose unit delivers sound quality at a suitable volume level without distortion. I suspect the cheap ones are just that, cheap smile

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 06/11/19 04:13 AM

Dear all, thank you for the suggestions. Soundwear sounds ideal. The cost is lockstep with quality and brand of course. Second to that I think a mono earbud. Speaker solutions maybe not as practical, there really is no proper battery speaker that would work too well. Thanks again guys.
Posted By: tmg513

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 06/11/19 05:47 AM

Nick

When you're stuck at the traffic lights in an open top car with a £200 speaker loosely round your neck you may as well have put up a big sign saying, "Mug me!"
Posted By: Q8morgan

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 12/11/19 01:29 AM

I have installed the mtx 300watt sound bar & it does the job. Plus I hooked it up to the ignition

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 12/11/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Q8morgan
I have installed the mtx 300watt sound bar & it does the job. Plus I hooked it up to the ignition

Where did you put it?
Posted By: atalante83

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 12/11/19 05:06 AM

Pictures
Posted By: Q8morgan

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 12/11/19 09:50 PM

http://www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/582156/93

Re: Bluetooth Speaker? - 14/12/19 05:04 AM

This is the first solution that doesn't feel like crap. This actually looks awesome and probably actually sounds decent. I am going to treat myself to this for Christmas.
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News