Talk Morgan

Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook

Posted By: tigertom

Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 12:34 PM

I would like to know, if there is a Morgan 3 Wheeler handbook available for download or to buy. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Richard Wood

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 12:59 PM

There is a handbook that MMC supply with new cars although it omits a lot of info. You can download the latest M3W parts book for free here, this tells you a lot more.
Posted By: LightSpeed

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 01:30 PM

The “Book” that came with my new vehicle lacked more than it provided. It did have all the legal stuff that covers their posterior in the event of nonjury but very little on how to maintain the vehicle.
Posted By: tigertom

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 02:14 PM

Many thanks for the info. This I aready have, but I thought there is one with deeper insights!
Posted By: Robbie Mathisen

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 02:34 PM

It might be a few volumes....
Posted By: JohnMat

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 02:36 PM

There is a whole lot of good information scattered on this forum. If you have the patience, browse through the threads, or use search for specific areas of interest.
Posted By: LightSpeed

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by JohnMat
There is a whole lot of good information scattered on this forum. If you have the patience, browse through the threads, or use search for specific areas of interest.

+1
Posted By: AZJowett

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by JohnMat

It would be nice if we had a separate Forum for the Repairs/Maintenance/Modifications for new 3 Wheelers only. Such as:

Morgan 3W RMM - Pre 2012
Morgan 3W RMM - Post 2012

Must be limited to RMM only. Maybe just the summarized threads results.

I keep my 14 year old SSR on the road with this link:

SSR How To Library OneDrive

This is a link to the SSR Library on a OneDrive setup where members post Manuals with pictures of how to fix a lot of stuff on the SSR. It can be found at SSRFanatics.com This Library has saved me thousands by providing walk through DIY repairs

I tried to get this type of result on TM with 2 Picture Posts but it was not as effective as needed.

Check out the Link...pretty incredible how generous people can be when sharing their experiences.

Yes, you can dig/search all the many threads but why make it harder than needed IMHO. I still see more posts added here after a "Manual" was sent to Pictures on the "bafflectomy". I created it from the great posts of other members and added some pictures provided.

The more easy it is to share collective Wisdom the easier it is to keep these little cars on the road. If Morgan stops producing them many Dealers will drop off. I now have to drive 400+ miles to the nearest Dealer since 2 have gone away, 1 locally & 1 out of state who walked me through the M3W purchase process.

Just a thought.....on an early morning...during COVID-19.
Posted By: planenut

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 04:16 PM

Not a handbook but very informative and lots of useful information for new and potential owners. https://www.mtwc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Final-150.pdf. Much of the information and more on this website is available on the MTWC website https://www.mtwc.co.uk/news-post/
Posted By: Black Adder

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 07:20 PM

Peter Dron's book - The Morgan 3 Wheeler - Back to the Future! is a very good read too.
Posted By: planenut

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 17/09/20 08:35 PM

That One Drive SSR Library is pretty good. I had to look up what a SSR was though, a Chevrolet by the way. If you would do one of them I would be most appreciative and happy to contribute. In addition to the MTWC resource there is Phil Bleazeys YouTube TV series of about twenty editions that covers several tasks on the M3W in some detail. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYKSnCZ00oWZhea_xNSFUXA/videos This is also available via the MTWC website, along with things such as the S&S engine manual and parts catalogues. There is quite a bit of information about if you know where to look. Unfortunately there is very little M3W information available from MMC, even for their dealers it seems.

Agreed that Peter Drons book is an excellent read, although things have moved on a bit since it was written.
Posted By: TimG

Re: Morgan 3 Wheeler Handbook - 18/09/20 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tigertom
Many thanks for the info. This I aready have, but I thought there is one with deeper insights!

Its about on a par with handbooks from other manufacturers that tell you how to programme the sat nav, top up the oil & washer fluid. Everything else is refer to your dealer. My 1980 Range Rover book has 60 pages on routine maintenance plus other sections on lights, wheels & a circuit diagram. Its a vehicle you can open the bonnet & identify actual components not plastic covers.
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News