Talk Morgan

Do You Have an Excellent Photo?

Posted By: TalkMorgan

Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 09:18 AM

Do you have an excellent photo of your Morgan?

I am undertaking a project related to TM and would like to compile a selection of excellent Morgan related photos.

If you have a photo you would like me to consider for this project, please email it to me via my TM email address. I need photos that are a minimum of 800 x 600 in resolution (this shouldn't be an issue because it is quite small).

In submitting the photo, you are consenting for me to use it on Talk Morgan.

Lastly, please do not be offended if you submit a photo and it is not selected. This does not mean I didn't like your photo but rather that either the composition, colour or another element of it hasn't allowed me to use it. I am bound by certain constraints and limitations and not all photographs will work.

I'm going to draw a close date on this of Sunday the 4th of May.

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: Alan Patterson

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 11:25 AM

Simon

Where can we find your TM email address?
Posted By: Stringers Best Mate

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 11:35 AM

With or without nudity..?
Posted By: Alistair

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 11:42 AM

You are welcome to use any of mine. I have DM you the photobucket details.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By Alan Patterson
Simon

Where can we find your TM email address?

I have PM'd you

Originally Posted By Stringers Best Mate
With or without nudity..?

On this occasion, no birthday suits please.

Originally Posted By Alistair
You are welcome to use any of mine. I have DM you the photobucket details.

Lazy toad! I have to trawl through all your photos and choose one! laugh2
Posted By: Alistair

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 12:26 PM

Its like Petrol Pron, who needs naked lady bits when pretty things like this exist.

laugh2
Posted By: RedThree

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 06:52 PM

Simon
You've given the minimum image size but do you have a preferred size for your final use - it affects the sharpening I'd apply for the output as does the medium - gloss print/matte print/on screen or whatever.
I also can't find the TM email address.
Cheers
Calum
Posted By: Simon

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 30/04/14 07:45 PM

Hi Calum,

Will be for web use - and if the files are a larger size, I can cut them down.

Will drop you a PM with the best email address.

Posted By: Budster

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 01/05/14 08:45 AM

Simon
Can you PM me with the email address; I have one or two photos to send you.
Thanks
thumbs
Posted By: Richard - Aus

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 01/05/14 03:56 PM

Email sent Simon.
Posted By: Jays

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 02/05/14 06:47 AM

Simon, if you could PM me your e-mail address.
Posted By: Peter J

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 02/05/14 06:54 AM

Simon, if you could PM me your e-mail address?

Peter
Posted By: MonteZooma

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 02/05/14 06:55 AM

Originally Posted By Jays
Simon, if you could PM me your e-mail address.

+1 Please Simon.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 02/05/14 06:57 AM

Originally Posted By TalkMorgan

Lastly, please do not be offended if you submit a photo and it is not selected. This does not mean I didn't like your photo but rather that either the composition, colour or another element of it hasn't allowed me to use it. I am bound by certain constraints and limitations and not all photographs will work.

Chaps, I have received some really nice photos; however, I am concerned about the format of many of them.

In reality, the designer will probably struggle to use anything other than 'landscape' formatted photos. I have a very small footprint (piece of the site layout) to work with and it is wide but does not allow for a lot of height. Of course we will attempt to work with what we have, and may need to edit some of the photos but I would draw people's attention to my comment above.

Thanks, in advance, for your understanding.

Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 02/05/14 07:42 PM

Landscape or full on panoramic (letterbox 3:1 'ish?? )

Cheers,

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 09/05/14 12:03 PM

Thank you to everyone who submitted a photo.

They are all now with the designer and he will ascertain which ones can be used for the project.

I'll update in due course.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 11:22 AM

Chaps, I am now doing Round Two of this exercise.

As I expected during the first round, the photos submitted by members were more challenging to cut down into the correct size/format for the banners and therefore, the designers chose to work with the stock images as they could slice n' dice them easily.

Now that you guys have got a flavour for what works (look in the top right hand corner of the site!) I have commissioned them to produce four more (each containing six images); therefore, I'd love you to submit/re-submit your photos, should you wish to have one featured.

To make the submission process easier, I've created a folder on Photobucket and all you need to do is log onto the site using the link below (username: talkmorgan password: talkmorgan) and choose to upload your photo to the folder called: Banner Photo Submissions.

http://s448.photobucket.com/user/talkmorgan/library/Banner%20Photo%20Submissions

A how to use Photobucket can be found here . The relevant section is How to Host a Photo on Photobucket.

I look forward to seeing your submissions and apologies to those who submitted entries before that weren't featured. I trust the new layout will give you a better idea of what image layout lends itself to the banners.

I'd like to get these banners under way sooner rather than later so please log your photos as soon as possible.

wine

PS - I did have a few photos in one of my submission folders from before and I've uploaded those to the folder already.
Posted By: Roger-Cheshire

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 01:05 PM

Simon - I've just upload 3 photos of my 4/4 Sport to see if any one of them is of use to you.
Posted By: Dean-Royal

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 01:20 PM

What am i missing ?

enter into Banner Submission, upload photo, no photo appears, now tried it x3 !!!!!

I have reduced the size, thinking that could be the problem, i also see that photos have been entered repetitively, have these people had the same problem ?

swear

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 01:24 PM

Did you log on first?

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 01:29 PM

Where do you log on ?

click Simons Link, Click the picture of the 3 wheeler (Banner) and i seem to be in the photo Library confused2

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 01:57 PM

Near the top right corner of the page....

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 03:18 PM

No sorry cannot work it out, might need some idiot instructions

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 03:28 PM

Dean - have you ever logged into Photbucket before on the TM account? If you have, then it won't show the login box in the top right corner. If you follow Simon's link: http://s448.photobucket.com/user/talkmorgan/library/Banner%20Photo%20Submissions this will take you into the TM account and into the album that Simon wants the photos in.

To the left of the first image in top right corner you should see a bos which says you can drag and drop the images from you folder and put them into there or alternatively copy and paste the iamges and put on to the back and they should upload.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By Roger-Cheshire
Dean - have you ever logged into Photbucket before on the TM account? If you have, then it won't show the login box in the top right corner. If you follow Simon's link: http://s448.photobucket.com/user/talkmorgan/library/Banner%20Photo%20Submissions this will take you into the TM account and into the album that Simon wants the photos in.

To the left of the first image in top left corner you should see a bos which says you can drag and drop the images from you folder and put them into there or alternatively copy and paste the images and put on to the back and they should upload.

Sorry - corrected my mistake!

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By Dean-Royal
No sorry cannot work it out, might need some idiot instructions

If you get stuck, just email them to me. thumbs
Posted By: John V6

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 04:05 PM

Just uploaded some.
Posted By: RedThree

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 05:53 PM

Some uploaded...strangely enough of a red three wheeler.
Posted By: BobtheTrain

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 17/10/14 07:50 PM

Three of us at Girvan. (That's one WITH bumpers, Simon!!).

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 20/10/14 09:39 AM

As I expected during the first round, the photos submitted by members were more challenging to cut down into the correct size/format for the banners and therefore, the designers chose to work with the stock images as they could slice n' dice them easily.

Now that you guys have got a flavour for what works (look in the top right hand corner of the site!) I have commissioned them to produce four more (each containing six images); therefore, I'd love you to submit/re-submit your photos, should you wish to have one featured.

To make the submission process easier, I've created a folder on Photobucket and all you need to do is log onto the site using the link below (username: talkmorgan password: talkmorgan) and choose to upload your photo to the folder called: Banner Photo Submissions.

http://s448.photobucket.com/user/talkmorgan/library/Banner%20Photo%20Submissions

A how to use Photobucket can be found here . The relevant section is How to Host a Photo on Photobucket.

I look forward to seeing your submissions and apologies to those who submitted entries before that weren't featured. I trust the new layout will give you a better idea of what image layout lends itself to the banners.

I'd like to get these banners under way sooner rather than later so please log your photos as soon as possible.

wine

PS - I did have a few photos in one of my submission folders from before and I've uploaded those to the folder already.

Anyone else?

You have until Friday to upload your photo wine
Posted By: sospan

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 20/10/14 11:08 AM

Added a couple last night....rainy hilltop and Brooklands this year
Standard car pose and an alternative view over the bonnet taken by my passenger.
Posted By: John V6

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 20/10/14 11:29 AM

Not mine but certainly different
http://s448.photobucket.com/user/talkmor...f4262d.jpg.html
Posted By: DaveW

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 21/10/14 06:03 PM

I like that photo because it looks like the underside has been added by photo editing. The underneath just looks out of place......
Posted By: JB62

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 23/10/14 06:14 PM

Simon - photo loaded (twice, sorry)

JB
Posted By: asbojohn

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 24/10/14 07:20 PM

U

wine

Anyone else?

You have until Friday to upload your photo wine

Can I have until Sunday please grin2

It's been a long week and I have a lot of pics to go through. scared
Posted By: A11OGE

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 24/10/14 08:30 PM

i have just uploaded some photos. Oddly some worked fine, whilst others refused to appear, even though it said they had loaded OK. Never mind.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 26/10/14 01:04 PM

Sorry Simon I might have got a little carried away grin2

I wasn't sure if I should post the picture of you in your dressing gowned hide
Posted By: Chunky4/4Racer

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 26/10/14 01:13 PM

one of mine taken last weekend.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 26/10/14 01:56 PM

Something you're working on Laurie?
Posted By: Chunky4/4Racer

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 26/10/14 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By Graham, G4FUJ
Something you're working on Laurie?

This is our Plus 8 race car mate

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 03/11/14 11:49 AM

Last call before I close this off and hand the options over to the web designer...

I'll call time on this by Wednesday at 9:00am goodnight

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 14/11/14 07:59 PM

Does anyone notice anything different? idea
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 14/11/14 08:03 PM

Very nice Simon some really nice shots in there.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 14/11/14 08:07 PM

Yup, agreed! thumbs
Posted By: BobtheTrain

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 14/11/14 11:25 PM

Three Trads at Girvan. I own up. Mine, Donaldosaurus' and Mutley's. Thank you Simon. PS Here's an anonymous one.

Attached picture Girvan Anon.jpg

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 15/11/14 02:05 AM

Very smart Simon.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 15/11/14 07:01 AM

They were some good trips.
Posted By: AJSki2fly

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 15/11/14 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By Simon

Oh just noticed, looks good thumbs do they change each day or is just the same 4 or 5 pics?
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 15/11/14 07:58 AM

Simon that is a great selection throughout the ranges - only SP1 missing wink

The profile shot of the grey metallic Max just shouts classy at you and so much more appealing to my eye than the angular expensive Italians.

Thank you once more for all the time and effort donated by you for the betterment of the site. thumbs

p.s. The echelon shot of the Aero's is a cracker.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 15/11/14 08:23 AM

A big +1 Simon thumbs great work well done an much appreciated.

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 15/11/14 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By AJSki2fly
Originally Posted By Simon

Oh just noticed, looks good thumbs do they change each day or is just the same 4 or 5 pics?

There are six new movies and they each have five/six unique photos in them; this does not include the original movies, which are already installed when the new site was launched.

Of the new six, four of the sets are made up of all the images uploaded by members and two are using images of our cars being made at the factory (stock photographs).

The new movies can be found in various subsections within TM - for instance, Malvern Arms, Maintenance, TM Site Info and Morgan Photo Gallery. You'll have to look through the site to find all the different movies but iirc we now have 12 unique banners, each made up of five/six images.

Originally Posted By 4/4sportsfun

Simon that is a great selection throughout the ranges - only SP1 missing wink

No one uploaded a photo of it and the graphic designer was only asked to pull from the folder because I asked for owners to only upload photos they were happy to have used on the site. This was the easiest way to avoid a photo being included that someone had an issue with.
Posted By: Lecat

Re: Do You Have an Excellent Photo? - 15/11/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By Roger-Cheshire
A big +1 Simon thumbs great work well done an much appreciated.

Totally agree with Roger smile thumbs
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News