Talk Morgan

Morgan Summer Alpine Days

Posted By: auster

Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 18/07/19 08:29 PM

Four of us took our old Morgans on a four day Alpine tour. There is a link below which will give you the story with some text and pics. This shot was taken at the TΓΌrracherhΓΆhe in southern Austria. There is a link below with the story and more pics.

[Linked Image]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zXFKbKHFzSY2STvND8UOlxEZtFqdsdRi
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 18/07/19 08:40 PM

Thanks for sharing your adventure Kerry it sounds lovely but very poignant in parts , was this with any of the lads we met at Revival last year ?
Posted By: HeadlessBlue

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 18/07/19 08:46 PM

Great pictures and spectacular scenery
Am v jealous
Thanks
HB

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 18/07/19 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by +8Rich
Thanks for sharing your adventure Kerry it sounds lovely but very poignant in parts , was this with any of the lads we met at Revival last year ?

Yes Richard, all three of them were at Goodwood last year and will be there again this year. And if you are lucky you will get to see the lovely Genevieve when she joins us on Goodwood Sunday this year thumbs

And PS a reminder: I'm still looking for 3 Saturday tickets if anyone finds they can't use theirs.
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 18/07/19 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by auster
Originally Posted by +8Rich

Yes Richard, all three of them were at Goodwood last year and will be there again this year. And if you are lucky you will get to see the lovely Genevieve when she joins us on Goodwood Sunday this year thumbs

And PS a reminder: I'm still looking for 3 Saturday tickets if anyone finds they can't use theirs.

I wasn't too sure about the faces, we will be there on the Saturday so hopefully you will get some tickets and we can maybe meet for a catch up and cheers in the same place .
Posted By: Paul F

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 18/07/19 09:07 PM

That looks like a great trip - thank you for sharing.
Posted By: Mkiss

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 18/07/19 09:14 PM

nice trip you had and plenty of small roads left to do it again without doubling one of them,)
Posted By: MGDave

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 19/07/19 01:32 AM

Looks like a great trip, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: John V6

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 19/07/19 07:25 AM

I am very envious. We came back from Sorrento last year through the Sud Tirrol taking some smaller passes just before the Brenner.
The Alps are just a joy in a Morgan.
Posted By: stefan s

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 19/07/19 08:32 PM

Thanks for sharing Auster.
Want to do that olso.....once.

Stefan
ARP4 and an +4 in the same blue πŸ˜πŸ™‚πŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Re: Morgan Summer Alpine Days - 19/07/19 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by stefan s
Thanks for sharing Auster.
Want to do that olso.....once.

Stefan
ARP4 and an +4 in the same blue πŸ˜πŸ™‚πŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

There are a few things that make such a trip work, the first being a bit of planning but not too much planning i.e. keep your options open and be flexible. If you're not enjoying it then stop at a nice hotel and then start out fresh the next day. Also be aware of group dynamics. Don't let one agenda override others which sometimes means breaking up the group and then meeting up again. Or not. The other element is to have management on board and to make regular reports.. To clarify, I don't mean management should be literally on board, rather more figuratively in the sense that they don't mind that we go on such trips as long as we are having a good time and send back regular despatches claiming not to be enjoying ourselves. If you get my drift. innocent
© 2019 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News