Talk Morgan

Limited Edition plus 6 ?

Posted By: madmax

Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 01:05 PM

£10k more than the 'standard model' , wonder what the punter gets for that ? Did we know there would be a 'special edition' already ? shocked2
Posted By: Gambalunga

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 01:17 PM

You get the "Special Ediion" badge and a car to put it on smile
Posted By: Jack The Lad

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by madmax
£10k more than the 'standard model' , wonder what the punter gets for that ? Did we know there would be a 'special edition' already ?

Stupidity .
Posted By: Alistair

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 01:28 PM

Yes it was announced when the car was released.

Usual things.
Special Colour.
Options included.
Hardtop included.
First shipment so you can play with your beloved new toy before anyone else has one.

You also get the first chance to beta test a whole new series of bugs (whoops did I say that out loud)
I trust that the new chassis also had tighter quality engineered into it. blush
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 01:40 PM

Spec as per the models at Prescott on Sunday

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Richard Wood

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 03:25 PM

The limited edition models have the rather nice graphite coloured 19" wheels as well. Wonder if they will filter down to bespoke models as only silver and black in price list.
Posted By: sospan

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 04:05 PM

It is easy to add ££££££ when ticking the options.
Silly money for a lot of them that only involve colour changes.
Take a look at the costs for hood colour changes, leather colour changes, and even more bizarre.....thread colour changes for the stitching!
I really like the car but in a standard spec. With just a couple of options. I simply can’t reconcile the high costs of many of the options. MMC certainly know how to milk the money out of buyers!
Luggage rack (with sidescreen storage), the alloys ( but possibly a swop in a couple of years as std wheels would do for a starter), maybe leather/ hood variants if negotiable.

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by sospan
It is easy to add ££££££ when ticking the options.
Silly money for a lot of them that only involve colour changes.
Take a look at the costs for hood colour changes, leather colour changes, and even more bizarre.....thread colour changes for the stitching!
I really like the car but in a standard spec. With just a couple of options. I simply can’t reconcile the high costs of many of the options. MMC certainly know how to milk the money out of buyers!
Luggage rack (with sidescreen storage), the alloys ( but possibly a swop in a couple of years as std wheels would do for a starter), maybe leather/ hood variants if negotiable.

+1
Posted By: Alistair

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 13/08/19 10:12 PM

I don't disagree with price of extras being a little steep but it is the way of the market. If this approach allowed me to have a perfectly working car for £10k less I would rather it was done that way.
Imagine if the base price with all the extras was the only price. It would make it ever more rare which is not what the company needs in the long term. It seems normal now to do an introduction with a fully pimped out "first edition" model.
Posted By: MR11MOG

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 06:43 AM

I’ve got a fully pimped out first edition Smart and its great 🛷🚤🚓🎆

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by MR11MOG
I’ve got a fully pimped out first edition Smart and its great 🛷🚤🚓🎆

You made a Smart choice then Peter
Posted By: KEVFITZ

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 08:04 AM

Launch editions too "conservative" for me !!!

Would have shouty KTM Orange body colour with black wheels and side exhausts which would make your ears bleed.!!!!..and all black interior.

Would have to change the seats too.

Surprised by price put on my P4SS by Dealer at Prescott....but too soon.

70 years of age in 1 1/2 years ..see if a) I'm still here b) can still get in a Morgan and c) all new car snags have been sorted .

Keep The Faith !!!

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by KEVFITZ

Would have shouty KTM Orange body colour with black wheels and side exhausts which would make your ears bleed.!!!!..and all black interior.

70 years of age in 1 1/2 years ..see if a) I'm still here b) can still get in a Morgan and c) all new car snags have been sorted .

Keep The Faith !!!

Sounds like you are very much alive Kev !! drive
Posted By: James B W

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by KEVFITZ

Keep The Faith !!!

- not like you to be shy and retiring Kev. !! innocent

James

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 09:47 AM

Yes, maybe a bit soon to buy. Let the “teething troubles” be sorted. Trouble is the price will be hiked up by the (ab)normal method and timing. In the meantime my current car is doing the biz.
So........watching with interest and licking of lips. fly
Posted By: DaveW

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 09:50 AM

I really do think the next trad looking model...….maybe the Plus Four, will be more my sort of Morgan.

With a manual box and a spare wheel on the back, and maybe 250bhp, it has the makings of a gem.

Don't think I have any inside knowledge, I don't, but I can speculate with the best.

Oh and in support of Kev, if I ever go new again it will be orange, with silver wheels, and black interior, maybe piped orange. That much I know.
Posted By: JamesP

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 01:10 PM

I am taking delivery in the coming weeks, if you do the sums you save a few thousand, like for like. I.e order standard spec and add all the bits. I guess it really comes down to whether or not you want all those extras! I wanted a hard top so it was a no brainer!

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 02:22 PM

I am with you JamesP.
Don't want all the "tart's accoutrements", just the bits I NEED.
Don't want a hard top so ignore the Touring version and work up from basics. Spend the money saved on what is needed such as rear rack/side screen storage, and negotiate for a couple of "extras".

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by JamesP
I am taking delivery in the coming weeks, if you do the sums you save a few thousand, like for like. I.e order standard spec and add all the bits. I guess it really comes down to whether or not you want all those extras! I wanted a hard top so it was a no brainer!

James , can you let us know how you get on with your plus 6 when you get it , we would like an owners perspective !
joy
Posted By: Ray

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 03:44 PM

+1
Posted By: MDS61

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 14/08/19 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by DaveW
I really do think the next trad looking model...….maybe the Plus Four, will be more my sort of Morgan.

With a manual box and a spare wheel on the back, and maybe 250bhp, it has the makings of a gem.

Don't think I have any inside knowledge, I don't, but I can speculate with the best.

Oh and in support of Kev, if I ever go new again it will be orange, with silver wheels, and black interior, maybe piped orange. That much I know.

Dave, a 250bhp (4 pot) would not cost too much to get into production. I feel Morgan's focus will be on the "metric" chassis and the various power plants it will carry, going forward.

After seeing the a trad and a Plus Six chassis, side by side yesterday (factory tour)...I also would only want this new model now...boy oh boy...it is very substantial.

Mark

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 09:30 AM

I seem to remember that in one of the MMC communiques they commented that when designing the new chassis there was scope to fit various powertrains in the future built in. I read that as
1. Ease of changing powertrain in future, based on not needing major chassis changes.
2. Allowing use of the chassis for Plus4/ 4/4 range thus enabling economies of scale for chassis supply.
Who knows.........?
Speaking to Steve Morris at TOTH he described the HUGE crash test costs they incurred. So using the now tested chassis for more volume makes sense for that outlay alone.
I look forward to the test drive impressions posted here.
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 09:42 AM

I seem to remember that in one of the MMC communiques they commented that when designing the new chassis there was scope to fit various powertrains in the future built in. I read that as
1. Ease of changing powertrain in future, based on not needing major chassis changes.
2. Allowing use of the chassis for Plus4/ 4/4 range thus enabling economies of scale for chassis supply.
Who knows.........?
Speaking to Steve Morris at TOTH he described the HUGE crash test costs they incurred. So using the now tested chassis for more volume makes sense for that outlay alone.
I look forward to the test drive impressions posted here.

Did he say whether this means it is also compliant for the massive USA market now without having to go over as a kit as the Roadsters do at present in limited numbers ?

They are hungry for Morgan's and when the exchange rate really dives at the end of the year and into next it will be a massive opportunity for MMC to capitalise on.

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 09:48 AM

Thought I would put down my impressions on a test drive I had about a month ago with Nik Baker at Malvern.

As a background I think its important that I first put a little perspective to my impressions.

I have owned nearly every super car that was worth owning during the last 20 years, I love to drive everything I have owned hard and have always taken to the track.

I even took my Aeromax on the track!

So the Plus Six. The power plant reminds my very much of the mid range punch of a modern 911 Turbo, it really is very, very quick. Whilst driving with Nik my first thought was that I hope to God that the brakes and chassis can cope with high speed cornering and braking, and YES it can. There is no dive to speak of and the turn in is just right. It feels very planted. It makes Plus 8 platform feel dated, in fact I think it would be unfair to compare the two because they are so different under the skin.

Slower speeds its simply super easy and comfortable. I know people say it is pricey. Compared to what? Its hand built. Porsche Boxster GTS? No thanks. Porsche Spyder? Had three in the end, boring by comparison. The Plus 6 now delivers what I think few cars can, sophistication, presence, serious pace and driveability.
Posted By: deano

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 09:52 AM

Great feedback James, hope to try one myself at the local dealer in the near future.
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 10:41 AM

That is praise indeed James, good to have some impressions from someone in the real world thanks for taking the time.
Posted By: SFO

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 12:25 PM

Speaking to Steve Morris at TOTH he described the HUGE crash test costs they incurred.

so is the Plus 6 as crash worthy as a modern car?

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 02:42 PM

James, interesting comments

PLEASE keep TM updated with your PlusSix ownership experience
Posted By: ewn

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 15/08/19 10:11 PM

So the Plus Six. The power plant reminds my very much of the mid range punch of a modern 911 Turbo, it really is very, very quick. Whilst driving with Nik my first thought was that I hope to God that the brakes and chassis can cope with high speed cornering and braking, and YES it can. There is no dive to speak of and the turn in is just right. It feels very planted. It makes Plus 8 platform feel dated, in fact I think it would be unfair to compare the two because they are so different under the skin.

I’m disappointed by this post, you’ve annoyed me, JamesP.

I’d convinced myself I don’t really want one, but now you’ve got me wobbling, your endorsement makes it sound fantastic, how much did Nik pay you? laugh2

Re: Limited Edition plus 6 ? - 17/08/19 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by ewn

I’m disappointed by this post, you’ve annoyed me, JamesP.

I’d convinced myself I don’t really want one, but now you’ve got me wobbling, your endorsement makes it sound fantastic, how much did Nik pay you? laugh2

A fiver.
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News