Talk Morgan

Spitting Image returning on Britbox

Posted By: +8Rich

Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 02:20 PM

Britbox Spitting Image, I think I might just take out a subscription as this could be good.

Doris

[Linked Image]

The blind Dom

[Linked Image]

And of course Randy Andy to name but a few..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: John V6

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 02:43 PM

Yes I thought that. Mind you they will have stiff competition from the real thing, look at Trump yesterday
Posted By: sospan

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 03:13 PM

I watched a few minutes of “Cartoon Trump” last night. Similar send-up to Spitting Image with caricatures of various Trump linked persona. I’ll have a look for both again.
Posted By: TBM

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by sospan
I watched a few minutes of “Cartoon Trump” last night. Similar send-up to Spitting Image with caricatures of various Trump linked persona. I’ll have a look for both again.

I watched his interview yesterday with Jonathan Swan. I genuinely thought it was a spoof.....
Posted By: Alistair

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 05:29 PM

Me too. Staggering. I wish her well. He did not attend my inauguration. He performed a role in government like many other people.
Posted By: Bonesie

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 05:51 PM

Im looking forward to it. However I think it will be a poorer, watered down, pc compliant version of what we remember :-(
Ill give it a chance though
Posted By: Bonesie

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TBM
Originally Posted by sospan

I watched his interview yesterday with Jonathan Swan. I genuinely thought it was a spoof.....

Same. I thought it was a deepfake video at one point it was so cringe !

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 06:52 PM

Please tell me the BBC have not used the Licence money to remake one of their previous favourite series and are now only going to put it out on BritBox (the paid streaming service) and not on the one WE PAY THE LICENCE FOR.

I will combust.
Posted By: TBM

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Alistair
Please tell me the BBC have not used the Licence money to remake one of their previous favourite series and are now only going to put it out on BritBox (the paid streaming service) and not on the one WE PAY THE LICENCE FOR.

I will combust.

Spitting Image was originally produced by Central TV (ITV) not the BBC.

ITV are co-owners of BritBox

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 07:40 PM

Oh thank you. My bad.

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 05/08/20 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bonesie
Im looking forward to it. However I think it will be a poorer, watered down, pc compliant version of what we remember :-(
Ill give it a chance though

I expect you are right, lets hope for the best and they pursue a robust line of humour, just noticed Britbox give you a 30 day free trial so that could last quite a while with a few email addresses grin2 I'll maybe have to invent a Doris@Doms Specsavers.co.uk

This is a quote from BBC news site today "The new version will be produced by production company Avalon. Roger Law, co-creator of the original, is on board as executive producer.

He has previously promised the new Spitting Image will be "more outrageous, audacious and salacious than the previous incarnation."

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 06/08/20 07:47 AM

Well it's not like he is short of raw material to start from at the moment laugh2
Posted By: PaulV

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 06/08/20 03:37 PM

If you enjoyed Spitting Image, I recommend https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b6p7ml ... although sadly not running right now!

Re: Spitting Image returning on Britbox - 06/08/20 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alistair
Well it's not like he is short of raw material to start from at the moment laugh2

It should be a blinder..
Originally Posted by PaulV
If you enjoyed Spitting Image, I recommend https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b6p7ml ... although sadly not running right now!

I'll be sure to check that one out, missed my radar.
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News