Talk Morgan

Well done New Zealand....

Posted By: OZ 4/4

Well done New Zealand.... - 18/10/20 07:10 PM

Not only are you the envy of the world with your COVID conquering PM but you beat us in game two of the Bledisloe Cup and your boys won the Bathurst 1000
Posted By: Gambalunga

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 18/10/20 09:01 PM

Best watched full screen with the volume turned up laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjq0SPcr7RM

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 18/10/20 10:17 PM

A great day of racing.....
Posted By: MossyfromNZ

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 19/10/20 03:47 AM

Thanks OZ 4/4.
Yes the Bathurst Race (when the whole of Australasia stops to watch) was a great race this year.
Felt for Jamie Wincup (clouted the wall). Of all drivers, he was one of the most experienced and considered the most likely to be able to carry out that particular manoeuvre. Just caught out on the 'marbles'.
And yes we are enjoying Level 1 freedom. (see latest contribution ... NZ Wednesday Wander outing in the Morgan.)
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 19/10/20 04:53 PM

I remember when it was called the Tooheys 1000 smile
I have mentioned watching the race on TV when I was out in Perth a good few years ago...
Posted By: waikiore

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 20/10/20 10:46 AM

Watched it all live as I have for over 40 years much to the annoyance of the girls with me at the time . Though this year may be the last as switching over to Goodwood later was far preferable to just the Holden/ Ford thing with them artificially equalized, it was nice to see a Kiwi win the season in a Mustang and another Kiwi deservedly win Bathurst for the last time in a Holden, but I preferred the old mixed grids of the Group A years when a number of friends were competing and there was never a dull moment.

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 24/10/20 05:15 PM

Just by chance I found this photo today whilst looking for something else.

[Linked Image]

Mt Panorama Easter 1966 (I was 19 at the time)
Posted By: Peter J

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 24/10/20 05:42 PM

Peter,

I'll bet life was good, back then....!!

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 24/10/20 06:51 PM

The Hill was the place to be to watch the race,,,,

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 24/10/20 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peter J
Peter,

I'll bet life was good, back then....!!

Sure was laugh

For several years I went to Bathurst (Mount Panorama) on Good Friday. Camping on the "mountain"

Saturday evening on to Orange for the Short Circuit (like grass track in the UK with Hagon framed bikes). These races were held on a hard graded and rolled dirt track in a large rectangular paddock with a long straight from the start, left curve, left curve, esses, another left and then back onto the main straight. These days the Hagon frame style has all but disappeared to be replaced by motocross bikes frown

Then Sunday evening back towards Sydney to stop at Bilpin for the Motocross on Monday.

A full immersion racing Easter weekend and a round trip of nearly 600 km.
Posted By: Sir Percival

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 25/10/20 09:41 AM

[quote=Gambalunga]Just by chance I found this photo today whilst looking for something else.

[Linked Image]

Mt Panorama Easter 1966 (I was 19 at the time)[/quote

Blimey, I thought it was Max Verstappen at first glance.

Sir P
Posted By: Heinz

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 25/10/20 04:00 PM

While I remember voices very well but I am rather mediocre at face recognition, Diana could work as a cold case profiler for the police. I asked, who is that, in less than 0.1 seconds later she said without any effort, Peter, "you can see that immediately".

Re: Well done New Zealand.... - 25/10/20 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Heinz
While I remember voices very well but I am rather mediocre at face recognition, Diana could work as a cold case profiler for the police. I asked, who is that, in less than 0.1 seconds later she said without any effort, Peter, "you can see that immediately".

When I was younger, up to my mid 30s that is) everywhere I went there always seemed to be someone who recognised me that had been to school with me or my brother, or had studied where I had, or had worked where I had. When I asked how they did it they nearly always the eyes smile
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News