Talk Morgan

The Birth of our Forum

Posted By: IvorMog

The Birth of our Forum - 10/01/22 07:35 PM

I was trawling through PistonHeads looking for some information when I stumbled across this thread.

PistonHeads.....The Birth of our Forum

On it Simon announces the new TalkMorgan forum and gets a load of stick from the PH guys.

Well done Simon for persevering with it and giving all us TM'ers such a great DEDICATED forum.

And well done to flyfisher for sticking up for Simon in the argument.
Posted By: John V6

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 10/01/22 08:03 PM

Well said
Posted By: PhilRoyle

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 10/01/22 08:27 PM

Agreed - thanks Simon.
Posted By: OZ 4/4

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 10/01/22 08:47 PM

Thank you Simon for your effort and stewardship of this forum
Posted By: flyfisher

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 10/01/22 09:16 PM

Many thanks, it feels like talk Morgan has been going forever now, what would we do without it..
Posted By: Alistair

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 10/01/22 11:04 PM

That's good, past fifteen years and still going. Do we know if Whacky Racer is still around?
Posted By: TBM

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by IvorMog
On it Simon announces the new TalkMorgan forum and gets a load of stick from the PH guys.

To be honest, if PH users are against something, it tends to indicate it's probably a good thing.

Tried it for a bit, but the dickhead ratio is far too great.
Posted By: RichardV6

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 08:29 AM

Intriguing historical stuff. Full marks to Simon for sticking to his guns thumbs
Posted By: Peter J

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by TBM
Originally Posted by IvorMog

To be honest, if PH users are against something, it tends to indicate it's probably a good thing.

Tried it for a bit, but the dickhead ratio is far too great.

Agree 100%... visiting that thread reminded me why I don't go there anymore.

Thanks Simon, and the "light touch" mods...
Posted By: Ian Wegg

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by RichardV6
Intriguing historical stuff. Full marks to Simon for sticking to his guns thumbs

Absolutely. Some fascinating predictions there about how TM would eventually sucumb to advertising! Ironic considering Pistonheads sold out to Haymarket Press.

I found the trick with PH is to just subscribe to the threads of interest and don't even look at anything else.
Posted By: A11OGE

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 09:40 AM

+1 wine

Posted By: Bunny

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 09:46 AM

I'm always amazed at how quick people are to take a snipe at anything new. Long live TM!
Posted By: RichardV6

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bunny
I'm always amazed at how quick people are to take a snipe at anything new. Long live TM!

Agreed Andy but surely EV's are fair game innocent
Posted By: Hamwich

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 09:58 AM

surely EV's are fair game innocent

rofl
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 10:13 AM

I only signed into Pistonheads once to find out where Talk Morgan had vanished to when we were cyber attacked - that was more than enough for me - I prefer the Eagle to the Beano, not a place for me but then again I'm not an angry young man in a dropped Corsa on Nitro grin2 so why would I..

Thanks again Simon must be time for another contribution, here we go spend.. thumbs I still can't believe I joined in 2009 oldgit
Posted By: Alistair

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 10:52 AM

By PH standards they were just being mildly combative as opposed to to just plain rude or nasty.
Posted By: DaveW

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 11:10 AM

PH should be renamed Opinionheads. grin2
Posted By: lowebird

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 11:40 AM

I wasn't aware of all this PH stuff but I really glad that Simon did stick to his guns and provide this forum. IMHO it is still one of the best around with a very wide range of members all who provide intelligent and often witty comments. Long may it continue.
Posted By: Heinz

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by lowebird
I wasn't aware of all this PH stuff but I really glad that Simon did stick to his guns and provide this forum. IMHO it is still one of the best around with a very wide range of members all who provide intelligent and often witty comments. Long may it continue.

+1
Thanks, Simon!
Posted By: Rovert

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 03:17 PM

Fun Fact (maybe)

From the original Pistonheads thread: "(from the Forums, it would seem to be for TVR and the modern sports car brands)"

Pistonheads was originally called Petrolheads and was exclusively for TVR

I joined c.1998 using a long-since-forgotten username.
Posted By: bmgermany

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 03:30 PM

Thanks Simon!

As Newbie I did'nt know anything about the TM history.
Posted By: DavidR

Re: The Birth of our Forum - 11/01/22 05:21 PM

Thank you also from me, Simon. Fascinating history and what a great family you have created here of varied and wonderful people, so different from that other place!
© 2022 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News