Talk Morgan

Coffee for Porsche 993 fans

Posted By: DirkM

Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 08:47 AM

There's a new coffee making machine: the Veloce RS Black Edition.
It's made like a 993 engineblock. Made out of SS, Titanium, Aluminium and carbon fibre.
Limited edition of 993.
Weighs 21.5 kg
Priced at € 10,000.00 pantsdown (you can buy a lot of coffee for that)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 09:45 AM

That is a lovely looking bit of kit for the kitchen for the few 🦄
Posted By: MDS61

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 10:22 AM

Style and price over reason and common sense?
Posted By: GLLOQ

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 11:28 AM

It costs as much as the repair quotes I did for the 993 which had engine oil leaks in other because of magnesium distribution casings.
Posted By: Image

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by MDS61

Indeed! ..... I hope to bring the total purchase/restore cost of my 4/4 in well below that .... but then, if you have lots of cash and little imagination as to where it might be best spent then this is an ideal outlet for your sense of self-worth. However, I'm a tea drinker and only bother with coffee when it comes with a chat and numerous top-ups in a road-trip small town diner, what do I know? smile

K

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by MDS61

Yes I never liked the Veyron either laugh2 but this looks nicer..

Dirk, keep them coming we need such extravagances to look at during the lockdown it makes us laugh2 laugh2
Posted By: Alistair

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 01:02 PM

It must be self-defeating. I use coffee to stimulate me into an almost awake state in the morning. As I walked towards that and it dawned on me I had spent £10k on a coffee machine I don't think I would need the coffee. A box of tissues perhaps to mop up the tears.
Posted By: The Austrian

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 03:33 PM

An ugly beast with 21,5kg!
Posted By: Cat302

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 08:32 PM

A good coffee is not easy to find, many many cafes every where, but only a few can produce a truely good one. For me a pod machine at home makes a coffee which is OK, but I would reject if purchased in a cafe. As for this machine there is no guarantee that it can or will produce a good coffee.
However if some wish to spend the cash for such a machine, then it helps to distribute money through the supply chain and assist the economy.
But you can’t beat going out for a drive in the Mog and finding a cafe which makes a great coffee for just a few $.
Posted By: Heinz

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 13/05/20 10:17 PM

In our family hotel near Rimini, where I was already three years old, they have a Chimbali from 1965, where they make the simple standard coffee from Hausbrandt. Hausbrandt is the catering brand of Illy from Trieste. This coffee tastes three times better than a noble brand for three times the price in our machine at home which is not the worst.
Posted By: ewn

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 05:52 AM

Surely it must at least make a decent cup of coffee, but for £10k you could buy a real engine to use as an ornament and bean to cup machine. Moot point for me anyway, apart from the ridiculous amount of money, there’s no chance my wife would allow an engine, real or not, in the kitchen, it would end up in the garage and there’s no way I’m going outside first thing in the morning to make my wake up cup.
Posted By: madmax

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ewn
Surely it must at least make a decent cup of coffee, but for £10k you could buy a real engine to use as an ornament and bean to cup machine. Moot point for me anyway, apart from the ridiculous amount of money, there’s no chance my wife would allow an engine, real or not, in the kitchen, it would end up in the garage and there’s no way I’m going outside first thing in the morning to make my wake up cup.

They are nice though , there are much more sensible ones pricewise on ebay and other sites. Could always get a scrap block from a garage and DIY a glass top ? thinking

Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 07:21 AM

Even though I'd not get a 993 for that price I'd rather have a whole car - Boxsters can be had for less than half that figure! grin2

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 07:51 AM

We recently put in a new kitchen,( had the last one 25 years so we’ll over due), I’ve had several bean to cup machines, I actually manage to wear them out, this one has made over 1500 litres of coffee. Built in ones are a fortune and no better made so my guy made me my own little shrine with a pull out shelf and a stainless roller door. I have my own cups and all my junk in there which nobody else is allowed to touch, works a treat!

[Linked Image]

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by ewn
We recently put in a new kitchen,( had the last one 25 years so we’ll over due), I’ve had several bean to cup machines, I actually manage to wear them out, this one has made over 1500 litres of coffee. Built in ones are a fortune and no better made so my guy made me my own little shrine with a pull out shelf and a stainless roller door. I have my own cups and all my junk in there which nobody else is allowed to touch, works a treat!

[Linked Image]

I wonder if Ferrari can outperform gravity when it comes to coffee innocent
Posted By: Image

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 08:58 AM

ewn ..... I salute your fortitude ..... most Skipper's wives would have had at least 10 new kitchens in that time ...you married well smile

I'm very ambivalent about coffee ..... I love a good cup but can't get on with the bitter, over-roasted (to me) stuff we currently get from most outlets these days ..... it's almost as if we're being told if you don't wince with the first sip you're not a real coffee drinker smile .... for me pretty much any crossroads diner in the States can make a pot of coffee I enjoy more than the overpriced continental stuff you can't avoid if you buy coffee out here...... Of the 'continental' coffees Portugal makes a mellow and flavoursome cup you can get in most of their cafes.

Perhaps I should get a coffee maker so I can suit myself and stop moaning smile

K

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 09:25 AM

This is a beauty from France complete with external holder for said libation - loving the Brooklands mount and patina love a much travelled lady.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TBM

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 09:34 AM

That's a lovely looking car. If I was a braver man, I'd do mine in satin black (match all my bikes). One day.....

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 09:34 AM

Sorry for all those drinking coffee with a straw from a plastic mug sick2

But the car is great!
Posted By: Neilda

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 09:35 AM

I bought a Jura bean to cup machine a while ago - not cheap, but makes superb coffee.

I wish I could find the decent Swedish roasted beans I had some time ago - just not available in the UK.
Posted By: Rudolf

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 11:25 AM

They sell coffee beans at IKEA .

Rudolf

Re: Coffee for Porsche 993 fans - 14/05/20 01:19 PM

https://www.kilted-coffee.com/

This guy roasts only small batches of high altitude beans and only lightly roasted , all the big names practically cremate them which is why the coffee can be bitter.

It’s a pity the kitchen guy fitted the cupboard on it’s side, it would be so much easier to get the coffee in the Cup if he’d put it the right way laugh2
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News