Talk Morgan

Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos]

Posted By: Gambalunga

Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 04:10 PM

This thread is for pictures of the dashboards fitted to various traditional Morgan models (including, but not limited to: Plus 4, 4/4, Plus 8 and Roadster - 3 wheeler, Aero 8 and all derivatives are welcome as guest entries smile ). Morgan have produced a wide variety over the years plus there are all the custom built dashes. If you would like to post a picture of a dash panel not already present on this thread, or of a colour or style already present but under different lighting conditions, please resize it to no wider than 800(w) pixels and note the details of the car and dash panel above the picture. If you do not know how to resize your picture please feel free to e-mail your photo to the Admin of Talk Morgan; they will edit it and post the picture for you.

Please do not post comments or questions on this thread about the photos as they will be deleted as this thread is an archive of dashboards only.

Posting of photos by producers of after-market dash panels is permitted for information purposes.

If you would like to comment on the particular photos or styles, please start a separate topic in the appropriate Morgan forum to do so.

Thank you smile

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 04:13 PM

Morgan Plus 4 2012, Morgan fitted walnut dash, MotoLita steering wheel, Sport White (Ivory) Mulberry trim. The small item on the far right hand side is a compass.

Attached picture 20130612_174523.jpg
Posted By: Ruud Visser

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 04:33 PM

Morgan +4 "BabyDoll " 1959 Original colour Mingsblue black leather bucketseats.
Non Original modified 16inch AM DB2 steeringwheel,and left from the clutchpedal a small footrest.

Posted By: DaveW

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 05:02 PM

Plus 4 Supersport.

Posted By: AJSki2fly

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 05:09 PM

Morgan +8 1996, MK Holtztechnic Dash, with supplied switches and refitted Smiths chrome dial rings, extra lower right VDO is Oil Temp Gauge, Indicator/Light stalks from Parks DE in stainless, Motalita wheel and boss

Posted By: Jays

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 06:29 PM

2010 Morgan 4/4 Sport. Body painted dash, from left, SuperSport type map light (as fitted to Jaguars) clip and mount for stopwatch on glove box, under dash centre a two accessory outlet socket, to right of steering column a digital speedometer and finally a Chronos surface mounted clock.
The steering wheel is a 15" Derrington steering wheel by Motolita, Allon White leather steering shroud, alloy footrest (handy for storing things in front!) and mesh pocket on passenger side of transmission tunnel.

Posted By: Martyn Culling

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 08:19 PM

Not the best of photos and a tricky thing to do anyway.

From left to right
Clock (proper one!)
Oil pump (something for the passenger to do)
Dash plaque - St Christopher (replica)
Combined ammeter and switch panel (really an Austin 7 item, but has been on the car since the early 60s)
Top - hidden by wheel Dip Switch
bottom Magneto switch
Speedo (could be original - mended and calibrated by me...)
Rev counter (very non original, but I'm deaf and need one)
Horn button

I need to add another button for the horn for the left hand - one bought but not got round to it...

Posted By: Allen

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 08:43 PM

'69 4/4 with matt finish wood, all original

Allen
Posted By: Richard - Aus

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/13 11:31 PM

1976 4/4 (4 seater) Original dash and replaced ut genuine switches/indicator stalk. Motolita black hand stitched leather steering wheel (14") flat with spoke holes and polished.

Attached picture P1010521.jpg
Posted By: Moggo

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/13 04:44 AM

New solid Walnut Dash: Visible screws since exchanged for bronze and blends better with the walnut

Original green leather dash is on 13mm ply (not MDF)

sherlock
Posted By: Digimap

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/13 09:24 AM

Current dash 4/4 4 seater. The second photo is the original dash

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Robbie

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/13 10:00 AM

Dash of my 2009 Plus4 with Simmonds wheel!

Attached picture Plus4 dash.jpg
Posted By: nputtick

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/13 01:58 PM

I believe I'm the first to show a dash with ivory instruments!

My 2005 4/4 came with a black vinyl covered dash with an open glove compartment but a nice MotoLita wheel (with a black plastic centre cap). It looks *so* much better with a walnut dash and billet horn push.

Also visible are my "reduced louvres" - 10 per side.

Sometime soon I'm going to replace those coloured switch tops, though I don't actually mind them. Just to the left of the steering column, below the dash, you can see one of the two switches for the heated seats, which were fitted with my Allon-White tilting/reclining sports seats - superb in cold weather! snow

Nigel

Attached picture dash_smweb.jpg
Posted By: minikeefy

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 14/06/13 10:26 PM

OK, I'll be the 2nd to show Ivory Dials and changed switches (and home made luggage nets) innocent

Since fitted an Allon White Steering Cowl cover.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 17/06/13 07:15 PM

And drilled alloy pedals, too!
Posted By: minikeefy

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/06/13 08:12 AM

A 'Le Mans 62' feature I guess..makes so much difference to the performance of the car innocent

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/07/13 01:51 PM

Series 1 4/4 at Beamish Morgan.

Why can't I get this image to display in the post?

Nigel

Attached File
image.jpg  (1959 downloads)
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/07/13 07:50 PM

Very nice!

Posted By: Clipper

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/07/13 11:00 AM

Carbon Fibre - Made in Austria.

Posted By: 1955er

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 18/07/13 03:15 AM

1974 4/4 4 seater.

MK walnut dash with centre instrument binnacle finished in colour coded blue leather. Clock at far right.
Morgan wings on glove compartment lid and steering wheel boss.

Original dash was all in blue leather with instument binnacle in metal with black "crackle" finish.

Oh......I appear to have a very small one. innocent

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 18/07/13 05:57 AM

Clicking on the small photo links to a larger one. Very nice dash. The instrument panel finished in leather is a great idea.
Posted By: Read T

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/07/13 04:41 PM

Work in Progress:
Posted By: Nick55

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/08/13 09:43 PM

My own dashboard. Standard, no alterations (by me anyway)

Posted By: Nick55

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/08/13 09:46 PM

Whoops, should have said: 1997 3.9 Plus 8.
Posted By: Slikdik

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 24/08/13 04:08 PM

Re: the blue series 1 4/4....What color is it? I'm doing P2444 and I want it blue like that.
Dick
Posted By: flaagan

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 24/08/13 08:54 PM

This is the (while it was still assembled) sorry shape of the dash that was in my '66 +4.

Since I have a CNC router at work, I'll likely remake the dash (with holes for the custom gauges) out of something (plastic, base wood, etc) and then have the whole thing "hydrographic dipped" in a wood finish and coated. This'll open up a wide variety of finish choices that would either be too costly or just impossible to do.
Posted By: topdown

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/08/13 07:21 AM

Plus 8 dash modifications during a bad winter, kept me busy in the garage and our of the wife's reach for a few days .......

Before the modification:

The two dash boards together:

Wondered why I had started this ..... However I had tagged every wire .....

Job done ......... now I know why I started it.

Plus a new steering wheel to finish off the job.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/08/13 07:30 AM

That is really lovely. Congratulations on a great result.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/08/13 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By Gambalunga

+1
Posted By: 1955er

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/08/13 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By Richard - Aus

+1

Beautiful transformation. thumbs

Neil.
Posted By: flaagan

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 27/08/13 05:28 AM

@Clipper - I'm a big fan of carbon fiber, and while I likely won't go that route with my MogRod, that is one damn fine looking dash you've got there. And the extra 'insert' on the left side adds one heck of a nice touch to the overall appearance!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 27/08/13 06:30 AM

I'll second that! Your comment on "hydrographic dipped" is also intriguing now that I've done a bit of research......not come across it before.
Posted By: Sukram

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/09/13 04:24 PM

blush
Posted By: meabh

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/09/13 08:27 AM

This is my version, I've since made some door pockets. With this I can see the speedometer which I will soon change for kph.

Attached File
P1050730.JPG  (224 downloads)
Posted By: Cheshire_David

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/11/13 01:00 PM

Here are a couple of images of the daskboard for my 1976 Plus 8. This style of switchgear uses Lucas rocker switches rather than flick switches that it superseded and was introduced in line with new automotive safety legislation in 1968. The Plus 8 was the first Morgan to use the new switchgear.

Attached File
IMG_2552.JPG  (299 downloads)
Attached File
IMG_2553.JPG  (198 downloads)

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/11/13 11:34 AM

Nice garage floor Cheshire_David ....... rofl

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/11/13 05:57 AM

My garage isn't quite that posh Topdown; just a painted floor to protect the substrate, reduce the dust levels and make it tolerable to work in!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/11/13 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By Cheshire_David
My garage isn't quite that posh Topdown; just a painted floor to protect the substrate, reduce the dust levels and make it tolerable to work in!

Likewise, however I'm not allowed into the kitchen with bits off the car .. swmbo

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/11/13 05:11 PM

I understand Topdown. Life can be unfair and we can be often misunderstood.

Before we extended our house, I did have a JE Engineering V8 complete with four Dellorto DRLA 45s in our kitchen. The missus got so frustrated that one day she threw a table cloth over it, laid place settings and served supper on it!

PS Here's a photo of my other 1976 Plus 8. The non-standard parts are mahogany dashboard, smaller than standard Astrali steering wheel and virtally invisible oil warning light, higher red-lined rev-counter and clock.

The dash centre panal is completely standard Morgan and after 37 years, everything works as it should!

Attached File
IMG_2566.JPG  (231 downloads)
Posted By: Read T

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 07/11/13 10:31 PM

In terms of hydrodippin aka watertransfers as some were mentioning earlier, my brother does this for his job and has done dash inserts. Looks better than other car manufacturer's fake wood. I'll try to get some pictures.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/11/13 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By Cheshire_David
The dash centre panal is completely standard Morgan and after 37 years, everything works as it should!

Same for me!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/11/13 05:12 AM

Well done to you Richard (and me)!

Personally, I love the layout as it's a cross-over from the earlier flick swiched dashboards with the large speedo and combo dials. The large speedo is mounted in the correct place - directly in front of the passenger and the rev-counter mounted in direct line of sight for the driver - perfect!

Morgan instruments of the 1960s and early 1970s were very 'traditional', partiularly in comparison with the mainstream cars where dashboard design was heavily influenced by US trends?

By the way Richard, have you had trouble with the two-position headlight switch failing? I have probably gone through three or four switches over the years. they burn out with the load from the lights. I always intended wiring in another 6RA solenoid to isolate the switch. It's fitted to the toolbox along with the other two; the mounting holes were pre-drilled at the factory possibly for the US market or similar.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/11/13 05:44 AM

Hi there,

Here's a photo of mine.

I've not had any problems so far with my switches, but like you I plan to fit relays. That said I have been able to source new switches all round. (I guess mine is more like Trigger's broom!).

R.

Attached picture P1010521.jpg

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/11/13 07:06 AM

Some of your switches are in different places to my '76, but that dashboard does look so familiar!! grin2

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/11/13 11:19 AM

I have noticed there seems to be no standard w.r.t. switch location (or dials)...best dashboard - probably - until I saw a "new" painted one and was quite taken....would I change mine. No. Does it mean a new addition to the stable - probably smile
Posted By: tmg513

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/11/13 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By Richard - Aus
Hi there,

Here's a photo of mine.

I've not had any problems so far with my switches, but like you I plan to fit relays. That said I have been able to source new switches all round. (I guess mine is more like Trigger's broom!).

R.

What's the light to the right of the steering wheel?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/11/13 11:45 AM

An original Lucas starter button. Was not connected when I got the car, but now turn the key to the "on" position and press the button. You can still "turn the key" but the button is MUCH cooler!! smile

Was easy with wire in.
Posted By: doriangreen

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 18/11/13 07:50 PM

Hi guys

Reading up on these threads I think I have to make up a carbon fibre dash! Is there anyone out there who can do me a paper template of a new super sport dash or a classic plus 4 dash? And I'll have a bash at making one up.

Many thanks
Dave
Posted By: v12

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/11/13 05:42 PM

May not be the most traditional. Here is what we're assembling in my 72 plus 8. Full custom fabrication throughout. Wheel to be replaced with traditional wood type.

Posted By: Wirewheel

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/11/13 07:28 PM

Hi V12, lovely job. Are you planning to race your motor?
Posted By: v12

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/11/13 08:44 PM

This is being set up to be street driven.
Posted By: kamo30

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/12/13 09:47 AM

4/4 2001 Tan green piped [img:center]http://[/img]

Attached picture SANY0009.JPG

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 10:03 AM

This dashboards are by Borghi Automobili in Milan.

I think he does an excellent job and therefore deserves a place in this thread. The dahes are available in different types of wood and he also makes other matching trim pieces. For left hand drive cars there is more space to reach the keys than provided by the Morgan original timber dash and also a locking glovebox is provided.

The Moto-Lita steering wheels are re-made in matching wood and are somewhat thicker than the original.

Attached picture DSC01577.JPG
Attached picture DSC01582.JPG
Attached picture DSC01963.JPG

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 01:20 PM

Thanks for those Peter, they are rather lovely. Nice to see he is making them in solid wood and not veneered although I guess that depends on what wood you want. I like the elasticated pockets on the transmission tunnel...something I plan to do next year when Henry Williams gets his trim shop up and running.
Posted By: John V6

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 02:21 PM

Peter, that looks stunning.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 04:57 PM

Plus 8 2013. Dash by Borghi Automobili in Milan.

Luigi Borghi is justifiably proud of this dash and tells me that it can be fitted without making any alterations to the standard equipment except for one wire which needs a small extension. Again the type of timber used can be specified. Note the matching steering wheel and door trims. What appears to be a glovebox on the right hand side is the airbag cover.

Attached picture IMG_3983.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3985.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3982.JPG
Posted By: deano

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 05:30 PM

Plus 8 2013. Dash by Borghi Automobili in Milan.

Luigi Borghi is justifiably proud of this dash and tells me that it can be fitted without making any alterations to the standard equipment except for one wire which needs a small extension. Again the type of timber used can be specified. Note the matching steering wheel and door trims. What appears to be a glovebox on the right hand side is the airbag cover.

Trim colour aside, what an improvement. Like to see his version of the new roadster dash.
Posted By: Ruud Visser

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By deano

Trim colour aside, what an improvement.

That looks like a whorehouse on wheels ! hide
Posted By: Ale_72

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 07:10 PM

This dashboards are by Borghi Automobili in Milan.

I think he does an excellent job and therefore deserves a place in this thread.

I was there yesterday for the Christmas greetings and there was a guy that was finishing one of their polished aluminium dash with a small brush and black paint working on the engraved writings on the dash.

What appears to be a glovebox on the right hand side is the airbag cover.

The lower glove box in dark grey is exactly the same job he did in mine. i see that he liked the idea of keeping stitchings on the cover.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/13 11:21 PM

Some real skill there; great work indeed.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/12/13 01:09 PM

The first Borghi dash (2nd photo) as posted by Peter really is a beautiful piece of wood. Also being a solid piece really adds to the appearance, but I hope it remains stable and doesn't warp or shrink. My MMC walnut dash is, I think, just veneered.
Posted By: olive64

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/01/14 04:22 PM

Our 4/4 70th Anniversary (2006).

Switches in color are now grey and the radio works very well.
The devil is not an original Morgan part grin2

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/03/14 01:40 PM

Dashboard of the Morgan Plus 4 show car at Geneva 2014
Posted By: MarioCP

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/03/14 07:14 PM

That's very wrong. Traditionally it's like this:

Family car drivers glance down to check if they're going too fast:

Sports car drivers glance down to check on engine revs

Now, getting water temp and fuel indicators in front of your eyes is simply not how it's supposed to be.

Unless this is a special "Paris-Dakar Edition" car and indeed fuel and water are this Morgan's drivers main concerns.

Posted By: nick w

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/03/14 07:22 PM

Except the rev counter should be twisted so red line is vertical......

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/03/14 08:39 PM

You are very correct Mario! A strange new set up in my view.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/03/14 07:02 PM

The origin of the centre pod is tradition, which in this case reigns over common sense. Common sense being that with a handbuilt car, those that want the main dials in front of the driver (and a slightly higher steering column) should be able to order that.

We could have a quiz as to which classic cars also had this arrangement. The Mk1 Spitfire was the same - probably for an inexpensive LHD solution.
http://www.classicsportscars.eu/spitfire/PICTURES/mk3/triumph-spitfire-mk3-dashboard.JPG

Here's another: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V-MCwo2f-Ig/Te...usso_Inside.jpg

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/03/14 07:51 PM

The new layout is bizarre. In mine (2005 4/4) and I think Dave W's similarly aged Roadster, both speed and revs are directly visible in front of the driver. This is ideal. You should also be sufficiently attuned to your car to be able to tell the revs for a gear change by ear without looking - how often do you rev to the red line? In daily driving the road speed is the most important variable. You can't do anything about the water temp, voltage and oil pressure, and the fuel gauge is useless anyway.

Frankly only a race or rally car has any need for a central tacho with a vertical red line! And in such a car all other gauges are arranged so that optimum readings are vertical. I only know one person who has such an arrangement, and he is a serious classic race/rally owner/builder/driver with 4 competition cars.
Posted By: Budster

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/03/14 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By nputtick
The new layout is bizarre. In mine (2005 4/4) and I think Dave W's similarly aged Roadster, both speed and revs are directly visible in front of the driver. This is ideal. You should also be sufficiently attuned to your car to be able to tell the revs for a gear change by ear without looking - how often do you rev to the red line? In daily driving the road speed is the most important variable. You can't do anything about the water temp, voltage and oil pressure, and the fuel gauge is useless anyway.

Frankly only a race or rally car has any need for a central tacho with a vertical red line! And in such a car all other gauges are arranged so that optimum readings are vertical. I only know one person who has such an arrangement, and he is a serious classic race/rally owner/builder/driver with 4 competition cars.

I agree with you on his one.
Stanley also has the speedo and rev counter in front of the driver, with four small gauges centrally mounted. The glovebox also has a hinge down lid, which can be locked.
thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/03/14 06:49 AM

Gauges - from years ago, my pal's Lotus 47 replica had gauges so aligned, red line, 70mph and normal running pressures/temperatures were all vertically upwards. It was a former race car (allegedly) rebuilt after a major crash (at MIRA allegedly)...

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/03/14 09:46 AM

Guages. I think that the reason guages are better rotated so that, say, maximum revs are horizontal is that it takes a perceptible time for my eyes to refocus from infinity to 2 feet and then back to infinity. By having the guages set properly one can sense the position with peripheral vision without having to focus away from the road. So it's safe. Similarly with having a speedo in the centre of the car....in many ways it's better because peripheral vision makes it easier to see.....it has to be big enough though! I also think you do need rev counter info as modern engines cut you off at the limit, they don't give you time to hear things starting to complain before they've wasted a second or two resetting.
That's my old man opinion anyway...:)
Nick
Posted By: smsevencqy

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/05/14 08:48 AM

Enclosed are the before and after photos after replacing the center panel with one from MK Holztechnik, who also supplied the steering stalks. The steering column cowl was covered with leather by Melvyn Rutter.
Best regards,
Ken in Sweden

Attached picture Panel 1..jpg
Attached picture Panel2.jpg

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/05/14 05:15 AM

Very neat.
Posted By: stevemag

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/06/14 10:02 AM

My Car Dash on a 1986 model
I'm currently trying to find a 15" wheel ( the one shown is 17" Springaflex) as I can't drive the car with the large wheel fitted.
Its currenly wearing a 15" Motolita ( wrong colour wood)so I can make it look like this again
Posted By: MTW69

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/06/14 06:21 PM

Special Dashboard in Black Helm wood with matching steering wheel Moto-Lita.

Posted By: MonteZooma

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/06/14 07:39 PM

Very nice thumbs
Is that one of the Matthias Kauffelt dashboards?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/06/14 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By MonteZooma
Very nice thumbs
Is that one of the Matthias Kauffelt dashboards?

No, it is a dashboard of Borghi in Milan
Posted By: 007

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/14 09:28 PM

One-of-a-kind dashboard made to measure by MK corresponding to my design/draft (with his kind advice and experience).

- Black crackle finish paint (very difficult to paint and only in a perfect look after the second or third try by a specialised paintshop).

- Leather stripe on the lower edge of the dashboard.

- Two plates, one with all switches concerning the lights including the indicators and the main center plate with the other switches and a Smith clock. Both covered with original leather Muirhead Black.

- So NO stalk switches on the steering column and a made to measure and very slim and clean cover tube in crackled finish paint.

- Dished Moto Lita steering wheel with a rounded hub cap and a rounded MORGAN wing on it (it was rather difficult to deform it without breaking it).

- Matching and lockable glove box cover, glove box interior slightly cushioned and than lined with leather Muirhead Black. grin2

love

Kind regards,

George

Attached picture 007@TM_9.jpg
Attached picture 007@TM_10.jpg
Attached picture 007@TM_12.jpg
Posted By: Rog

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/14 09:40 PM

Absolutely stunning George!
Posted By: MarkB

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/06/14 11:11 PM

Wow! Exceptional. Opposite of what is normally seen, using the crinkle paint on the dash and the leather on the panel.
Well done!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/14 08:03 AM

I really like that, particularly with the old style indicator switch on the dash... thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/14 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By Graham, G4FUJ
...particularly with the old style indicator switch on the dash... thumbs

Hi Graham,

I used a long indicator switch from Lucas, as you said in the old style which means that it can be switched horizontally to the left and to the right. Du to its length it can easily be operated with moving the left hand far from the steering wheel.

The big main switch for the headlamps is the one used in the fifties on some iconic Jaguars.
Not a cheap plastic replica from India but a top quality heavy metal version with a custom made and lettered dial face (available via MK).

Both switches are on the smaller plate on the left side.

wink

Posted By: Peter J

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/14 04:09 PM

Very, very classy.
I see you have also moved the spedo to be above the steering column, completly logical in my view.

One question: I though on a 2011 car the heater controls are on the dash Perhaps I'm missing something, but where are that?
Posted By: BobtheTrain

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/14 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By 007
Not a cheap plastic replica from India but a top quality heavy metal version with a custom made and lettered dial face (available via MK).

I love heavy metal.
Posted By: Cain

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/14 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By nick w
Except the rev counter should be twisted so red line is vertical......

Yep done that to the Sport flag

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 13/06/14 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By Aldermog
Very, very classy.
I see you have also moved the spedo to be above the steering column, completly logical in my view.

Thank you! notworthy

One question: I though on a 2011 car the heater controls are on the dash Perhaps I'm missing something, but where are that?

Well espied, Peter! The original heater control "wheel" was moved under the dash but is easily to reach.

Kind regards,

George
Posted By: eremit

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/06/14 03:34 PM

Hi all I replaced my Roadster 3.7 dash by a new dashboard made by MK Holztechnik. It looks great and now I can reach all switches very easily. Before, the switches for the seat heater where next by the radio which was difficult to operate and checking if they are on or off. There is also a second glove box on the left side, which is very useful.

Attached picture IMG_5271.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5273.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5281.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5286.JPG

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/06/14 06:17 PM

So much better than the standard one!

The man is clearly an artist, I would like to spend some money with him!

I wonder if the second glove box could be applied on other Mogs?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/06/14 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By 007
Very, very classy.

Thank you! notworthy

Well espied, Peter! The original heater control "wheel" was moved under the dash but is easily to reach.

Kind regards,

George

What a neat solution!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/06/14 09:35 AM

MK did really a good job! notworthy
He is also trying to produce a chrome frame for the middle section (Fuel, Temperature etc. display)

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/06/14 03:54 PM

A very nice improvement indeed.
Ken in Sweden

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/06/14 04:03 PM

eremit, I am having all sorts of internal arguments on what is holding the tray to top of the tranny tunnel?? Screws, Velcro, etc. Please help!

Oh, very, very nice dash!!!

Cheers,

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/06/14 07:27 PM

I used double sided scotch tape for fixing the tray.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/06/14 02:38 PM

Due to recent interest in the dashboards made by Borghi in Milan for the new Morgan Plus 8 I asked him to let me have some photos that I could post on the forum.

It should be noted that they have not fitted a Plus 8 dashboard to a RH drive car and would prefer to have the car in their workshop. The second issue is that there is a long job to be done regarding the air-bag (passenger side).

They have only small modification on the wires (the light switch is moved and a clock added, since they use the original warning lamps and switches.

Luigi Borghi suggests: plan a beautiful holiday in Italy, he has even offered a courtesy car (not a Morgan unfortunately) to make a trip: lakes, mountains, sea Milan is close to a lot of wonderful places !

Arranging everything in advance they can fit a dash in the Plus 8 in 3 working days. I believe less for a trad.

Several choices of wood are available, with the centre panel covered in leather or in the same wood.

For more information (including prices !) contact Luigi via http://www.morganautomobili.it/

I am not associated with Borghi Automobili in any way. Just a happy customer who admires the work he does.

Description: Some examples of wood choices available.
Attached picture 20140607_121601.jpg

Description: Plus 8 dash in polished wood
Attached picture 20140619_084524.jpg

Description: Plus 8 dash finished in leather to match the trim.
Attached picture Img_4856.jpg

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/06/14 02:40 PM

Great pictures. I love the middle one

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/06/14 02:41 PM

Those are really nice dashes.
Posted By: pandy

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/06/14 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By John V6
Great pictures. I love the middle one

Me too. thumbs Looks like elm.
Posted By: PeterG

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 25/06/14 04:07 PM

Very nice idea maybe next year.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/06/14 06:28 AM

Top work and what a great way to spend a holiday.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/06/14 06:53 AM

I really like the middle one. But the more I look at the bottom one covered in leather, the more I like it. It really suits the car well and I think it's the one I'd do for.
Posted By: Pants

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/06/14 08:37 AM

Those dash's look lovely, really well proportioned, but is it me? I don't like the exposed hinges on the glove box. Wouldn't it look better to not see them? A small detail I know, but I don't think I've ever seen a glove box door without visible hinges.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/06/14 09:02 PM

Best of all is that the main instruments now are located in front of the steering wheel. thumbs

IMHO its absurd to drive in such a high performance car and look at .... a clock .... cuckoo when looking straight through the space under the steering wheel rim.

doh

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/06/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By Pants
Those dash's look lovely, really well proportioned, but is it me? I don't like the exposed hinges on the glove box. Wouldn't it look better to not see them? A small detail I know, but I don't think I've ever seen a glove box door without visible hinges.

I don't know why the hinges can not be concealed but it is not a glove box, it is the passenger side airbag cover.
Posted By: Cineman

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/06/14 05:17 AM

I came across this custom dash a couple of years ago in a garage in Devon.. I think it was a Plus 4.

Attached picture Morgan dashboard.jpg
Posted By: MonteZooma

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/06/14 07:34 AM

Some beautiful craftsmanship on display in this thread, and another area where individualism is available for a Morgan. Wonderful stuff thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/06/14 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By Cineman
I came across this custom dash a couple of years ago in a garage in Devon.. I think it was a Plus 4.

Quality workmanship but too busy for my liking.
Posted By: stevemag

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 06/07/14 03:28 PM

My Dash now with correct ( for me) 15" Springaflex steering wheel fitted
Posted By: RogerS

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 06/07/14 06:28 PM

Looking good, Steve.
Posted By: Rho8

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 10/09/14 08:19 PM

And my snow queen is the car in the middle picture from Luigi on page 10. We did it in three days, had a lovely time in Villa Crespi, went to the Loro Piana sale and quite a lot of vineyards in Langhe Ghemme and Gattinara. We got to borrow Luigis Ford Focus for no charge. He collected the car from Villa Crespi and delivered it back early in the morning on our parting day!The man is a true gentleman and true to his word. I can only recommed him heartily!
Posted By: alanhug

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/10/14 12:30 PM

My new Italian walnut dash, on its way back from Luigi Borghi, Milan. With thanks to Gambalunga, Rho8 and others in this thread for their images and advice.

Attached picture NewMilanDashOnWayHome.jpg

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/10/14 12:38 PM

That is stunning. Great workmanship.
Posted By: alanhug

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/10/14 01:15 PM

It is, all the detail is not evident from the phone pic, the workmanship of Luigi Borghi, the Morgan dealer in Milan, is excellent. http://www.morganautomobili.it
Alan
Posted By: Wirewheel

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/10/14 02:37 PM

Very smart.
Posted By: numog

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/10/14 12:33 PM

This one spotted yesterday - at Morganpark Hamburg
(as usual: no connection, just customer there)

b.t.w.: cars nickname is "clockwork orange" thumbs

Attached File
IMG_1569.JPG  (314 downloads)
Attached File
IMG_1572.JPG  (177 downloads)
Attached File
IMG_1575.JPG  (142 downloads)

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/10/14 12:38 PM

Like the colour and the painted dash. Wish I were that brave!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/10/14 07:55 PM

Interesting take on a traditional style wheel....and of course I approve of the MIG clock!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/10/14 08:06 PM

Perfect color for the upcoming Halloween holiday.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/10/14 07:28 AM

Originally Posted By MarkB
Perfect color for the upcoming Halloween holiday.

thumbs cheers stirpot

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/10/14 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By Jays
Interesting take on a traditional style wheel....and of course I approve of the MIG clock!

Steering wheel is off a BMW Z8 (what a sacrilege to plunder such an icon of its own... hide) and suits the "Aero" +8 (despite it carrying an airbag) quite well imho.
They are also offering these altered to wooden rim.

& a MIG clock is always welcomed on a traditional dash thumbs cheers
Posted By: madmax

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/10/14 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By numog

Steering wheel is off a BMW Z8 (what a sacrilege to plunder such an icon of its own... hide) and suits the "Aero" +8 (despite it carrying an airbag) quite well imho.
They are also offering these altered to wooden rim.

& a MIG clock is always welcomed on a traditional dash thumbs cheers

Yes , those z8's are rare and very expensive motors so for someone to take a steering wheel off seems a bit mad !
Posted By: davidmccrone

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/11/14 06:57 PM

2005 Plus 4 with MK Dash
Posted By: Stewart S

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/11/14 07:05 PM

That is nice

More dash envy
Posted By: Burgundymog

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/11/14 09:41 PM

I like very much

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/11/14 05:31 PM

And when I read the e-mail again......
Here it is on the right thread! blush

JTL's dash.

Posted By: Roger-Cheshire

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/11/14 05:48 PM

Lovely dash David. We might have to meet along the M56 to see that!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/11/14 05:49 PM

As posted on the other thread - Jack that dash is a masterpiece. Thanks to DaveW for posting.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/11/14 06:46 PM

Very nice. Just like mine but no chock, unfortunately.
Ken.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/11/14 12:31 AM

That really is rather tasty notworthy

Love the steering wheel!

What is the small, hidden, instrument on the far right side?
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/01/15 11:31 AM

From a Morgan Germany group.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/01/15 11:38 AM

This is another dashboard from Borghi in Milan. It is for the new Plus 4 GDI. The first photo is the standard Plus 4 GDI dash and steering wheel. The second is the same car following the Borghi modifications.

Disclaimer: other than being a satisfied customer I have no association with Borghi. I just admire his work.

Description: Original Morgan Plus 4 GDI dashboard.
Attached picture IMG_5452.jpg

Description: The same car with new dash and steering wheel.
Attached picture DashP4GDI.jpg

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/01/15 02:31 PM

Peter what a difference that makes. Lovely
Posted By: Cain

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/01/15 04:15 PM

That is very neat, I love the grain in-between the gauge's switches and the glove box..
Posted By: NeilL

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/01/15 04:34 PM

Simply lovely!
Posted By: Jack The Lad

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/01/15 11:33 AM

Peter just completed the stock taking my head thumping after weeks of stops and starts and thinking I was flying to find I made a mistake due to to many things on my mind at once . Sat down for a rest pot of coffee in one hand switched TM on to unwind and found this had no idea the dash was on . Thanks Dave will e-mail you that page of dates when the car mag mag arrives with all the events . Peter that thing blocked out by the s/wheel on the right hand side is an old Jag chrome two click light switch with two green warning lights in the bottom corners of the bell shape recess ( side lights and head lights ). Ah this coffee taste like nectar coffee

Anyone wish to take ideas from it or copy it go ahead thats what its there for.

That really is rather tasty notworthy

Love the steering wheel!

What is the small, hidden, instrument on the far right side?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/01/15 11:38 AM

What a transformation. Lovely.
Posted By: ini

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 18/01/15 10:26 AM

To say it with words of the Grammy Award winner Dinah Washington.

" What a different a Dash Makes .... "

New Plus 4 MY 2014 GDI engine with CAN BUS.

Posted By: kamo30

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 18/01/15 05:20 PM

AAA+++ congratulation.
Thats THE dashboard, 5 Oscars for the instruments, 10 Oscars for the controls.
J

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 18/01/15 06:28 PM

This is another dashboard from Borghi in Milan. It is for the new Plus 4 GDI. The first photo is the standard Plus 4 GDI dash and steering wheel. The second is the same car following the Borghi modifications.

Disclaimer: other than being a satisfied customer I have no association with Borghi. I just admire his work.

That is really lovely. Looks like elm ?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/01/15 06:48 PM

Lovely, almost like in My Roadster!
Ken.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 24/01/15 09:45 AM

Being an interior designer I've just thought of a funky new interior design product that might appeal to classic car owners

A classic car bed headboard

Basically a bed headboard with a recreation of a classic car dashboard printed on to the fabric covering

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 24/01/15 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By Eric Gill Sans
A classic car bed headboard

As long as it didn't have an airbag in case you wriggle at night.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 24/01/15 10:24 AM

I have a bedspread somewhere in a wardrobe. It's A Red 4/4 When you lay it on a Single Bed. I thought my son would love it (many years ago) but he didn't so it must be a small market!
nick
Posted By: The Austrian

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/04/15 04:36 AM

I signed a contract for this dashboard yesterday.
It comes with a red 4/4 and has a matching MotoLita wheel.
Hope the papers are done as soon as MMC comes back from their holiday week.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/04/15 04:47 AM

Great news Austrian....

Like the sales pitch smile

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/04/15 05:01 AM

Very nice. Hope you can get your hands on it quickly.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/04/15 07:00 AM

That's lovely!
Posted By: beneviro

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/04/15 11:46 AM

Looks very good!
Posted By: beneviro

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/04/15 05:04 PM

Painted Dashboard of my 4/4, built in February 2015. Extras are: Clock, wooden steering wheel, stearing column in stainless steel from Morgan Park in Hamburg.
The 4/4 still get the old dashboard layout with RPM counter above the steering wheel.

(Edit: Typing errors)

Attached picture dashboard_44_2015.jpg
Posted By: Lodge Baker

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/07/15 11:31 AM

Just fitted bezels to my Plus 4 GDI dash that bought at TOTH from Wolf Performance and well pleased!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/07/15 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By Lodge Baker
Just fitted bezels to my Plus 4 GDI dash that bought at TOTH from Wolf Performance and well pleased!

Don't forget to post the photos camera
Posted By: SteveT

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/07/15 10:05 PM

Me too! The knack I found is it needs just the right amount of silicone, too little and they fall off, too much and it becomes a dogs breakfast of goo..
Look good though and I think finish off things nicely.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 02:52 PM

as you like photos then...

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 03:08 PM

Very, very nice!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 03:24 PM

Nice dash ...looking forward to seeing it tonight at Much Marcle!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 04:42 PM

Very nice

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 05:03 PM

Very nice. Cain's bezels really finish it off. You can almost smell the leather too...
Posted By: Lodge Baker

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 06:57 PM

Yes really good - re the goo when you are fitting them for anyone else who tries it I applied the black silicone supplied with the bezels at small extra cost with my finger - did all off them then cleaned them of any excess with baby wipes and cleaned my fingers with baby wipes - then applied them to dash and actually left no mess but if i had the baby wipes remove it very well. They seem pretty firm at the moment!

I like the morgan badge Steve T has applied above clock - where did you get that from. Might copy the Plus 4 sign as well!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 07:39 PM

Looks fantastic.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 09:11 PM

Yes really good - re the goo when you are fitting them for anyone else who tries it I applied the black silicone supplied with the bezels at small extra cost with my finger - did all off them then cleaned them of any excess with baby wipes and cleaned my fingers with baby wipes - then applied them to dash and actually left no mess but if i had the baby wipes remove it very well. They seem pretty firm at the moment!

I like the morgan badge Steve T has applied above clock - where did you get that from. Might copy the Plus 4 sign as well!

The little Morgan badge I bought at TOTH from the Morgan (Aero?) stand, simple brooch type that I removed the pin and hook bit from back, filed it flat and then put on with double sided tape so it wouldn't mark the dash if it ever came off.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 09:19 PM

Sumptuous Steve, I like the touch with the badge. thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/07/15 09:55 PM

Thank you all, after seeing Jays Nero and the Mig clock he's fitted tonight I rather fancy adding one of those!
Posted By: GarretJD

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/07/15 08:34 AM

Walnut dash with matching Moto Lita wheel....All I was doing was fixing a clock light....

Attached picture IMG_1425.jpg

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/07/15 11:48 AM

Did the light get fixed?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/07/15 11:52 AM

A dramatic moment captured!

I fitted a cargo net to my 4/4 glove box and ended up looking v simular - tried not to panic!
Posted By: GarretJD

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/07/15 03:11 PM

The lighting is still weak. I need to go at it again some time but after the last operation (which was a first for me). I am not inclined to go again!! G
Posted By: reade4651

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/08/15 05:30 PM

Hi Alan, I have just purchased a 69 4/4 two seater. what does the top right switch do? how do I improve the woodwork with out destroying it's vintage look. There are some minor cracks on the veneer. looking at the photo again second from right on my car is a headlamp flasher but a non standard switch.
Posted By: Clock

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 18/08/15 10:52 PM

Just completed new dash for my +4, special from Matthias Kauffelt. Original gauges with reworked MIG clock and air temp gauge made from Smiths fuel gauge.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 12:29 AM

A work of art!
Posted By: OZ 4/4

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 02:54 AM

That is absolutely magnificent, well done Matthias and showing great style Clock. thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 05:44 AM

Beautiful job.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 06:06 AM

A work of art...I do like the large and clear "start" button!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 06:12 AM

Superb styling. The air temperature gauge is interesting....did Matthias make that for you. Also, what year is your +4?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 07:00 AM

It is stunning , a beautiful dash

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 07:05 AM

A thing of beauty
love

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 07:23 AM

That's truly wonderful....you would never get tired of looking at that!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 08:07 AM

Thanks for the comments, I am pleased with the result. My car is a 2007. I like the magnolia gauges, to me they are part of the Morgan experience.

Originally I was going to buy a new +4 and change the dials but the new dash is CAMBUS based and would have meant I had to buy new gauges and spent a lot of time making a PCB to drive them (and probably voided the warranty).

In the end I found this car at Life's Motors and even with a fair amount of mods (Suplex, new dash, sports exhaust, bits of "bling") it turned out cheaper than a new car, which was an unexpected bonus,

I got the bezel for the MIG chromed, CAI painted the bezel for me in magnolia (free of charge! I had asked if I could buy some paint, really nice people at CAI) and I made new dial artwork using decalProFX transfer paper.

The air temp is based on a new Smiths 270 degree magnolia fuel gauge, I removed the existing graphics and put on a new set.

The fuel gauge is electronic so I hacked into it and used a cheap microprocessor board (Arduino ProMini) to read an external temperature sensor and directly drive the gauge's stepper motor.

I did a write up for Matthias on how to customise the MIG clocks.

If anyone wants more information (or help) on how to customise the MIG clock or make an Air temp gauge then let me know.

Just a word of warning if you are going to modify a MIG clock's bezel then be aware of the precautions you need to take for working with radioactive materials, it's low risk but even so!!!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 10:42 AM

That really is a thing of beauty love

Alis has always wanted an air temperature guage. It would be great if you could do a write-up on how you did it and post it, perhaps as a pdf that could be printed out.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 10:55 AM

Jolly nice thumbs
Posted By: PaulJ

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 11:24 AM

I am so envious, well done on all the work it entailed, the finished job has to have been worth it - I now want improve my dash.
Posted By: Gulf44

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By Clock
Just completed new dash for my +4, special from Matthias Kauffelt. Original gauges with reworked MIG clock and air temp gauge made from Smiths fuel gauge.

notworthy

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 05:03 PM

I got the bezel for the MIG chromed

Just a word of warning if you are going to modify a MIG clock's bezel then be aware of the precautions you need to take for working with radioactive materials, it's low risk but even so!!!

I wondered why my hair started falling out!

I stripped the paint off the bezel (I'm assuming your other reference to bezel is the clock face?) and polished it with a Dremel. I'm not sure what material they use but it has stayed highly polished for well over a year!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 05:53 PM

I stripped the paint off the bezel (I'm assuming your other reference to bezel is the clock face?) and polished it with a Dremel. I'm not sure what material they use but it has stayed highly polished for well over a year!

Oh now you tell me.. I've just got a MIG clock, its certainly a loud tick! none shall sleep! I guess at Mach 1 in a MIG the clock ticking is the last thing to worry about but on my desk in my study is quite another matter.. if I find the whole of the upstairs of the house glowing at night i'll know why!!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 06:33 PM

How long do they run for on one winding cuckoo and is there space behind the dash on the right hand side of a 2013 ? Or would it need a mounting bracket ?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 07:10 PM

That is a masterpiece ~ perfection in fact. i don't think I've seen a better one.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 07:21 PM

I must say very nicely executed, it's a quite involved fitting a new dash and rewiring instruments and switches, congratulations. thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By PaulJ
I am so envious, well done on all the work it entailed, the finished job has to have been worth it - I now want improve my dash.

+1

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 07:57 PM

For anyone that's interested I have attached a write up of how I modified a MIG clock. Probably a few typos etc in it but may be of interest.

I will also do a write up on making an air temp gauge and post later.

Attached File
MIG_Clock_Customisation.pdf  (110 downloads)

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 08:00 PM

No wonder your TM name is Clock

Top, top work

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By SteveT

Oh now you tell me.. I've just got a MIG clock, its certainly a loud tick! none shall sleep! I guess at Mach 1 in a MIG the clock ticking is the last thing to worry about but on my desk in my study is quite another matter.. if I find the whole of the upstairs of the house glowing at night i'll know why!!

I run my central heating on the radioactive output of my MiG clocks! I'm greedy, I've got a couple!

Keith......I think it's meant to be a 5 day movement.....mine certainly runs for 3 to 4 days. And accurate as well. As far as mounting is concerned, there should be space on the r/h side of the dash....you just need to be aware of where the ash frame is. There are two types of MiG clocks.....one with a single stopwatch internal dial, which has a body half the depth of the other version which has two internal dials, a stopwatch and a flight time recorder. The first clock, which I have on my Roadster in that position is less critical depth wise. I can measure both mine and let you have the dimensions if you need them.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 08:44 PM

PS.....I meant to add. I'm a great fan of these clocks, they do suit Morgans and I've lost count of the number of people who see it in my car and ask about them.

The only issue with them is that they are not illuminated electrically. They have relied on the luminous dials which on mine have now worn out....thankfully as I don't trust Russian safety standards! I fitted a little stainless pillar cockpit led light to the dash to one side of the clock to illuminate the face....from Holdens. It works quite well and has a classic look.
You can just see it by the upper right of the clock in the photo.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 19/08/15 10:55 PM

I was asked to write up how I made my air temp gauge, which I have attached.

However, having read it I realise it is really boring, badly written and anyway you would have to be a real nerd to read it, let alone build one.

I've degraded from a professional engineer designing mission critical systems to a hacker in retirement, but at least I now drive a Morgan!

Attached File
Posted By: Hamwich

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 05:43 AM

Fascinating stuff, thanks for that.

I've done a bit of playing with Arduino boards, I'm currently wondering whether another approach might be to mount a full-function computer like a RaspberryPi into the car, then it could provide a range of other services like GPS and data logging as well as driving the temp gauge?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 05:55 AM

.......and anyway you would have to be a real nerd to read it, let alone build one.

I think you seriously underestimate the nerd count on this forum. cheers

I enjoyed reading it, a job well done. It won't be long before someone here asks you to make one for them. From such projects small businesses have been born, as I know only too well!
Posted By: Neilda

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 06:35 AM

Good work... I read it and admire the skill and patience!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 06:45 AM

Great work & I wish I had the skill to do the same

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 06:56 AM

However, having read it I realise it is really boring, badly written and anyway you would have to be a real nerd to read it, let alone build one.

I've degraded from a professional engineer designing mission critical systems to a hacker in retirement, but at least I now drive a Morgan!

I wouldn't worry one jot

As Peter J quite rightly posts - you are in perfect company on this forum

We love it

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By Eric Gill Sans

I wouldn't worry one jot

As Peter J quite rightly posts - you are in perfect company on this forum

We love it

+1 I am constantly amazed on here how ingenious people are in pursuit of their perfect Morgan. Well done Clock.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 08:05 AM

Great stuff Clock...love the result ...but am afaid I was lost about 1/3 through!!My problem ...not the way its written!

I too think that you could very soon be in production!! laugh2

My tool kit is often a Debit Card!!

Posted By: Heinz

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 12:19 PM

Thank you very much, Clock, and congrats to the nicest of all dashboards I have seen.

It was a joy to read your pdf text. I have not the patience or the skills to make a DIY. But at least I got a clue how it works.

BTW it would be great if you would share your solution regarding the sticking fuel gauge...of course later on if you have the time to do so.
I guess the programming (if any) is currently not done in the optimal way and does not take into account a given non-linear mode of the fuel measuring sensor.

But that topic will be the stuff for another thread.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 12:47 PM

Is it possible to move all the replies (which are all so nice and interesting) of Cock's dashboard to a "normal" thread. I felt to have a bad conscious after posting here because the dashboard threat may keep "clean" just to share the pics of the boards?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 06:29 PM

[quote=SteveT][quote=Jays][quote=Clock
I stripped the paint off the bezel (I'm assuming your other reference to bezel is the clock face?) and polished it with a Dremel. I'm not sure what material they use but it has stayed highly polished for well over a year! [/quote

Keith......I think it's meant to be a 5 day movement.....mine certainly runs for 3 to 4 days. And accurate as well. As far as mounting is concerned, there should be space on the r/h side of the dash....you just need to be aware of where the ash frame is. There are two types of MiG clocks.....one with a single stopwatch internal dial, which has a body half the depth of the other version which has two internal dials, a stopwatch and a flight time recorder. The first clock, which I have on my Roadster in that position is less critical depth wise. I can measure both mine and let you have the dimensions if you need them.

Thanks John that would be very useful, I am looking at the two dial clock.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/08/15 08:11 PM

Hi Keith,
Hopefully these will give you an idea of dimensions.

Attached File
image.jpg  (200 downloads)
Attached File
image.jpg  (124 downloads)

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/08/15 06:14 PM

Jay thanks for that, I am put of by the awkward shape gloomy I have bought a pair of Adriatica rally clocks, just waiting for them to be delivered joy

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/08/15 08:41 PM

Photos will be required!
Posted By: Steamy W

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 27/08/15 06:04 PM

The overall effects fantastic! I won't ask the price publicly, but would love to have a ballpark figure (PM me?).

Steve

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/08/15 03:19 PM

Jay my new Adriatica clock and stopwatch in tempory mount until Cain works his magic. Not sure wether to go for carbon fibre or engine turned alloy with dash panel to match.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/08/15 03:24 PM

Black faced and the logo is similar to Morgan's wings !

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/08/15 04:47 PM

Very nice Keith! thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/08/15 08:33 PM

Those are very nice Keith....you going to mount them in that position?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/08/15 08:44 PM

Yes I thought so. You can't see properly but they on an angle, it's either that or the same as the SS which in a similar position.
Posted By: P Dron

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/09/15 01:14 PM

Two non-standard items visible in the cockpit.

Attached File
P1180251.JPG  (94 downloads)
Attached picture P1180251.JPG

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/09/15 01:23 PM

Net and wheel? Same wheel as mine smile
Posted By: P Dron

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/09/15 01:32 PM

The net may be extra as well but was supplied with the car. I meant the wheel and the gear lever knob, from Richbrook (it was previously fitted to my 3 Wheeler).
Posted By: PaulJ

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 06/11/15 04:42 PM

Nice to see the rev. counter where it should be Peter, my Plus 4 tacho.is obscured by my hand on the wheel.
Posted By: Ruut Bianchi

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/12/15 06:10 PM

And now in the right thread, the new MK dash with matched steering wheel waiting for the Morgan Park revised "lenkstockhebel" and with a new stainless steel steering column cover to be assembled. Cannot wait......!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 05/12/15 06:21 PM

Very nice indeed and the DB's of the wooden dashboards.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 10/03/16 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By BertR
][/url]
Finally got some time to install the Veneer I got from Cain from Wolf Performance at the TM factory visit. Very happy with the result.
Regards,
Bert

Bert. If you remove the "~original" from the image link it posts ok.
Posted By: BertR

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/03/16 10:36 PM

Thanks for the tip, Peter! I removed the post as I could not get it to work...
With some help of my daughter it apears now!
This shows the veneer with the engine turned stainless steel from Wolf Performance. I got it from Cain at the TM factory visit. Very happy wt the result!
Cheers
Posted By: Draggin

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/04/16 09:56 PM

Does anyone have a photo or link to examples of Morgans current dash wood choices? My order is supposed to be finalized monday and i didnt know there were wood choices.
Posted By: Draggin

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/05/16 07:14 PM

Found them, thank you!
Posted By: redmerlin

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 06/06/16 09:38 PM

This is my 4/4 1984 dashboard ready to go back in, budget bling total cost about £150 for chrome bits - still waiting burr walnut dash from Morgan but I may put it in like this and enjoy a few shows.

Posted By: MR11MOG

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 29/10/16 08:43 AM

Roadster dash in Zebrano wood . Factory option.

Attached File
image.jpeg  (204 downloads)
Posted By: seanmichael

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/12/16 11:42 AM

heres mine 53 flat rad with extra tach hole by previous owner

Attached File
Posted By: Kraehe

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/12/16 09:33 PM

3 weeks ago on a long weekend with sunshine but cold temperatures I have finished my dashboard project happy3

It started beginning of this Year when I found an dashboard for the leather version on TM sales.
The old owner had removed the leather, so it was perfect to built a wooden dashboard on my own as a replacement
for my original sport grey version.

First of all I had to close the hole for the clock on the driver’s side and then I have to build the glove box cover.
Took around 2-3 weekends by getting the right wood parts from our local do-it-yourself-store.
After this had finished, I began the journey on Google to find the right hinges and veneer. sherlock

Because I love the real wooden characteristic I decided that the wood only get some light protection against finger prints
and dirt by a paint in dull finish and I found a lovely veneer called "Zirikote". Now you could feel the structure of the wood
by your fingertips, when moving over the veneer.
To see now the final result is very impressivehappy3 But now the Moto Lita seems to have the wrong color innocent

Attached File
20161029_175413a.jpg  (200 downloads)
Attached File
20161210_140738a.jpg  (162 downloads)

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/12/16 10:18 PM

Great job and a fantastic effect.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 20/12/16 10:55 PM

Very impressive. Did you apply the veneer yourself?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 07:47 AM

Stunning grain on that veneer

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 07:54 AM

That is an amazing piece of craftsmanship.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 08:04 AM

That is great work! thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 10:01 AM

What a lovely job thumbs.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 10:23 AM

Stunning...is that solid wood or veneer?
Posted By: Paul F

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 10:35 AM

That looks fabulous.

Sadly you are correct - the steering wheel is the wrong colour now.

I sense another fantastic DIY solution .......

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 03:53 PM

It looks great! TBH I think the steering wheel matches somehow with the interior trim and perhaps one could leave it as is.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By Heinz
It looks great! TBH I think the steering wheel matches somehow with the interior trim and perhaps one could leave it as is.

+1

I don't dislike the contrast between the colour of the steering wheel and the dash at all.
Posted By: Button

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 04:09 PM

I have yet to make/buy/design a proper dash for My +8 Bitsa. I am using a Vinyl covered dash from a '87 +8 that beyond the beyond.

Last Fall when returning from "Flog Mog" on the Northern California Coast We stopped at Myrtlewood Art Shop. The Art shop was an item itself. Lots of "Whimsey" here. This was at a burg called "Cave Junction" near the "Oregon Caves" in Southern Oregon. Myrtlewood is a common wood here. It is a decorative wood, the grain runs all over the place, depending how it is cut. Worm holes abound. We were advised to put the wood into the microwave to kill the bugs. It is reddish color when varnished, rather a deep red. I keep asking myself if it is suitable for a Morgan Dash. I don't think so. Maybe for My Bentley "R"(now sold) but not a Morgan. But I keep coming back to it.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 07:08 PM

This was once started to be a foto-thread.
oldgit
Posted By: Kraehe

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/12/16 07:32 PM

Hi guys.

First of all thanks for the nice comments love

But sorry, the veneer work were done by a company that builds wooden parts for the automotive sector (VW, BMW, Jaguar, etc.) shades
So the biggest job were done by them to bring the veneer and the paint on the dashboard.

I only made the basics with the dashboard, the cover of the glove box and the assembly.

I have a good contact to a guy in the prototype shop of them. Together with him we looked for a nice veneer.
And the "Zirikote" veneer is perfect for a roadster, because it doesn't change the colour under the sun over the years.
And it has a chaotic structure witch looks so nice and individual.

And yes, it's veneer not solid wood. But Morgan did nearly the same with the dashboard in the 4/4 80th edition.

And because of the Moto Lita, maybe you were right Heinz and Giles. Maybe I have to drive for some miles to make a final
decision.

Oliver

Posted By: Jules

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/03/17 04:25 PM

Would anyone have a photo of a black dashboard with white dials (from the 2003-2007 era)?
I'm curious of the look it would have...

Thanks!
Posted By: Milt

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/04/17 04:11 PM

Stainless Dash made by Cain (Wolf Performance) and fitted by Williams. Suggestions that it may blind the driver have proved unfounded.

27c in London today, hood off, shades on
Cool.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 10/04/17 01:05 PM

After one year from the start of the project my new dashboard in elm with a recovered Moto-Lita steering wheel in elm and magnolia faced instruments is finally in place.

The dashboard is the fruit of my ideas crossed with a design that Borghi has for the GDI Plus 4. I had the 4 new small instruments made to my face design and the faces of the original speedo and tacho were also changed.

I also had Borghi make a new rim in matching elm for my Moto-Lita steering wheel. It is thicker than the original to give a better feel.

I wanted a different layout of the warning lights and also a switch for the front fog/driving lights. I found a Chinese supplier of LED warning lights who, provided I ordered 100, would make the warning lights to my design.

Smiths (Caerbont Automotive Instruments Ltd) were very willing but sometimes slow to complete the order. There were also a couple of small problems with colours of the LEDs and slip rings (the inner bezel which hides a direct view of the illumination) not all being the same. Also I had erroneously thought that there was a problem with the calibration but it turned out that there was a small resistance in the new wiring and perhaps a problem with the fuel gauge sender in the fuel tank that caused incorrect readings. Certainly the delays were not all their fault.

It has been a project completed with some difficulties encountered but in the end I am happy with the result.

Here are a few photos:

The original dash and steering wheel in walnut

I made this rough design to get an idea of what my concept could look like.

The final design from Caerbont Automotive Instruments Ltd (Smiths)

The new Smiths instruments with magnolia faces and the new faces for the original speedo and tacho.

New dashboard in elm with magnolia faced instruments at Borghi's ready to install.

New Dashboard installed

Driver's view.

Passenger's view.
Posted By: HJP

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 10/04/17 02:49 PM

That really does look superb Peter , perfect infact ! Worth all the effort I think .
Have you considered a matching gear knob as a final finishing touch ?
Hugh

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 10/04/17 03:20 PM

Peter: congratulations!
Looks " grown up" and the setting makes sense.
So much better than the crude instrument placements of the original Morgan design.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 10/04/17 06:10 PM

Driver's view.

Stunning - you must be delighted with that.

I recall seeing an Aero +8 that had been finished by the some company - I'd love to have that done on mine.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 10/04/17 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By Neilda

Driver's view.

Stunning - you must be delighted with that.

I recall seeing an Aero +8 that had been finished by the some company - I'd love to have that done on mine.

Borghi will do a dash replacement in a pre-arranged time frame and usually even has a loan car for overseas visitors to use whilst the work is being done.

He has several examples on his web site for different models. Naturally if you require changed instruments, as I did, it is best to arrange that well in advance.

If you want a good example of the quality of the workmanship just look at the way the veneer is rolled around the edges of the switch panel opening. You would think the dash was carved out of solid timber.

The instruments I used can be ordered in black face (in that case the existing speedo and tacho could still be ok though fractionally different) or as I did in magnolia.

Magnolia part numbers are:
41-112-4116-00 DIGI PRINTED MORG (KM Speedo quadrant)
41-162-858-00 DIGI PRINTED TACH (Tacho quadrant)
EFC1-1B36-02C FUEL LEVEL MORGAN
ECT1-1B36-00C WATER TERMP MORGAN
EOP1-1B36-00C OIL PRESS MORGAN
EAC1-1052-94C ANALOGUE CLOCK 12

I have black slip rings (the inner bezel) but magnolia slip rings could be specified.

Note this is for a pre GDI Duratec Plus 4 but any model using the same dash and instruments could have this dash fitted. Borghi also has a dash for the GDI Plus 4.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/04/17 05:45 AM

Peter, a beautiful piece of work that exudes class and period.

Borghi has taken your design and brought it to life in a way that demonstrates classic craftsmanship. It is more Rolls Royce than Morgan...

The best part is that you will enjoy the workmanship every time you sit behind the wheel. What could possibly be better?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/04/17 06:57 AM

Love it Peter.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/04/17 07:56 AM

Wonderful work, well done notworthy
Posted By: Digimap

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/04/17 02:17 PM

That looks exceptional Peter. If you ever decide to sell your car, someone is never going to understand the Morgan concept of " They all do that Sir"

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/04/17 02:58 PM

This is the Borghi dash I saw a while back - looks superb.... I assume you could actually do away with the recessed part and have all dials mounted on the wood? I'd love to have this done, but there never seem to be enough hours in the day to get organised to do it.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/04/17 05:34 PM

Peter, your dash looks so right! Superb but not overdone, very classy and structured. Have a lot of fun with it.
Posted By: SteveH

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/04/17 05:49 PM

Wow - the puppies privates
Posted By: Chester.G

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/04/17 09:53 AM

After one year from the start of the project my new dashboard in elm with a recovered Moto-Lita steering wheel in elm and magnolia faced instruments is finally in place.

The dashboard is the fruit of my ideas crossed with a design that Borghi has for the GDI Plus 4. I had the 4 new small instruments made to my face design and the faces of the original speedo and tacho were also changed.

I also had Borghi make a new rim in matching elm for my Moto-Lita steering wheel. It is thicker than the original to give a better feel.

I wanted a different layout of the warning lights and also a switch for the front fog/driving lights. I found a Chinese supplier of LED warning lights who, provided I ordered 100, would make the warning lights to my design.

Smiths (Caerbont Automotive Instruments Ltd) were very willing but sometimes slow to complete the order. There were also a couple of small problems with colours of the LEDs and slip rings (the inner bezel which hides a direct view of the illumination) not all being the same. Also I had erroneously thought that there was a problem with the calibration but it turned out that there was a small resistance in the new wiring and perhaps a problem with the fuel gauge sender in the fuel tank that caused incorrect readings. Certainly the delays were not all their fault.

It has been a project completed with some difficulties encountered but in the end I am happy with the result.

Here are a few photos:

The original dash and steering wheel in walnut

New Dashboard installed

seem's you have one more warning light in the new dash board , what is it ?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/04/17 11:27 AM

Front fog/driving light. In fact I did not fit the generic warning light, so that brings it back to the same number. The one in the centre between the speedo and tacho is a small chrome bezel LED for the immobiliser.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 12/04/17 11:37 AM

i have think the small one will be for the immobiliser for the speedo and tacho , they just change the dial plate, you don't buy new one right ?

thanks for your reply

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/07/17 06:29 PM

A nice insert to the modern dash - I do like those lights.

anadash by rstramik, on Flickr
Posted By: Redfate

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/02/18 03:33 PM

Hi all,
I have just collected my first Morgan and have a couple of quick questions as it did not come with a owners handbook.
I have a dashboard similar to the second photo on page one of this dashboard thread http://www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/140029/1
I would like to know what the control knob on the dash beside the fan switch does, the one with the wiggly lines on?
Also what does the switch/ knob do that is tucked in the corner almost under the dash beside the drivers door?
I'm not wanting to disturb things until I know what they do, I don't expect tere is an ejector seat button but you never know :-)
Look forward to your help on this,
Thank you
Redfate
Posted By: Paul F

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/02/18 03:54 PM

The wavy lined knob is the temperature control. IIRC 5 clicks to full scale.

The other knob is most likely the potentiometer that controls the instrument light brightness.
Posted By: Redfate

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/02/18 04:08 PM

Ah, thank you Paul F, that's probably why my first drive out today was a chilly one, it was turned right down :-)
Posted By: Michael P

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/03/18 06:22 PM

The dashboard of our new Plus 4 made by MK Holztechnik.

We didn't only ordered a new dashboard but also new instruments with magnolia dials.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/03/18 07:23 PM

Cool
Posted By: Craig Jezz

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/03/18 07:36 PM

That is really nice Michael 👍

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/03/18 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By Michael P

We didn't only ordered a new dashboard but also new instruments with magnolia dials.

This is the mic for the hand free right ?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/03/18 10:46 PM

My dash was also one of Matthias’ (MK) from 2008 through Williams ordered by the first owner

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/03/18 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By Chester.G
Originally Posted By Michael P

This is the mic for the hand free right ?

Correct. Couldn't test it yet, though.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/03/18 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By Stewart S
My dash was also one of Matthias’ (MK) from 2008 through Williams ordered by the first owner

I like it very much! thumbs
Posted By: meabh

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 23/03/18 11:24 AM

IIRC 5 clicks to full scale.

Five? I can only get three so will I bust it if I go for two more ?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 03:08 PM

Driver's view.

I added a little something.

I had a new internal sleeve made and threaded to match the lower locking ring. The solid elm knob was turned to match the original metal knob and the sleeve glued inside. It uses the original gear pattern cap and is held to the gearstick using 3 grubscrews the same as the original. This way I could return quickly to the original gearknob if that was ever required.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 03:21 PM

I expect I'm not the first person to have told you Peter, but that truly is a splendid knob!

innocent

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By Hamwich
I expect I'm not the first person to have told you Peter, but that truly is a splendid knob!

innocent

ooo

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 04:09 PM

Don't tell me you weren't thinking the same? smile
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 07:18 PM

Very nice, of course the PC version is 'Gear Change Facilitator' but it doesn't quite hit the spot with petrolheads

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 07:22 PM

"Stick shift" is closer with it being wooden.
Posted By: MR11MOG

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 07:37 PM

Superb ,I love that wood .
Posted By: milligoon

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/04/18 11:10 PM

Begging for a matching flyoff!
Posted By: DirkM

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/04/18 08:50 PM

Finally fitted the Les Leston steeringwheel

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/04/18 09:02 PM

That's a very smart wheel thumbs.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/04/18 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By +8Rich

Thanks Richard. I've had it since the 1980s, I just needed to find a car to match it.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/04/18 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By DirkM

Thanks Richard. I've had it since the 1980s, I just needed to find a car to match it.

Patience is a virtue you must have plenty of Dirk, well worth the wait I love these style of wheels I had a similar Motolita one on my Sport.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 21/04/18 09:28 PM

Stewart, That is simply stunning.... woohoo

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 22/04/18 06:50 PM

Very nice, original Les Leston 'stuff' is quite sought after nowadays

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 30/04/18 07:09 PM

A poor man‘s 4/4 with Wolf Performance bezel upgrade.
MotoLita wheel and Borghi dashboard was on bord before

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 30/04/18 07:13 PM

Very smart with everything keying in nicely thumbs.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 30/04/18 09:55 PM

Very nice, well done...

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 03:54 AM

A very smart wheel indeed.
Posted By: Uther

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 04:06 AM

Wow Cain’s Bezel kit really lifts the look of the dashboard , very nice.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 01:25 PM

I love the grain and the colour of the dashboard. thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 01:48 PM

The Cain bezels also made a big difference on my car. Well worth the money.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 03:53 PM

Couldn't agree more...

Here they are on Tarka's dash.

The dash is body colour, which looks good. I'd like proper wood, but MMC want an arm and a leg for it....!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 05:59 PM

Just looking at a few of your dashes

Why isn’t the Rev counter straight in front of the wheel ?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By Peter J

The dash is body colour, which looks good. I'd like proper wood, but MMC want an arm and a leg for it....!

Peter, there are a few specialists out there who can over veneer your existing dash, problem is you'll be off the road for a few weeks, so may be on the winter 'to do' list, I've got some names if you need

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 06:50 PM

...... I'd like proper wood, but MMC want an arm and a leg for it....!

Wouldn’t that make it leather ?? grin2

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/05/18 06:58 PM

rofl

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/05/18 01:31 PM

Couldn't agree more...

Here they are on Tarka's dash.

Peter, you could always combine a new dash and a trip to Italy smile That way you could get the speedo and tacho put in the correct position laugh

PS: Borghi has been using chrome bezels on the warning lights for years.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/05/18 01:41 PM

Here is Alan's in a RH Drive Plus 8
Originally Posted By alanhug
My new Italian walnut dash, on its way back from Luigi Borghi, Milan. With thanks to Gambalunga, Rho8 and others in this thread for their images and advice.

Posted By: Stringers Best Mate

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/05/18 04:32 PM

Now they look delicious..!!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/05/18 05:39 PM

Peter,

tempting...., it looks SO much better.

Even with the stock airbag panel, with an engine turned trim applied, also on the centre panel.
Cherry bur veneer for the rest?
I wonder what the third knob is in the centre, the dimmer, perhaps? Looks good though.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/05/18 08:14 AM

Peter,

Even with the stock airbag panel, with an engine turned trim applied, also on the centre panel.
Cherry bur veneer for the rest?
I wonder what the third knob is in the centre, the dimmer, perhaps? Looks good though.

3rd knob is lights on/off isn't it?

I would love a dash like that - also to get rid of the rather generic steering wheel.... but the paddles make that impossible.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/05/18 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By Neilda
Peter,

3rd knob is lights on/off isn't it?

I would love a dash like that - also to get rid of the rather generic steering wheel.... but the paddles make that impossible.

Of course, from the right side of the dash.

I can live with the wheel...but really would like the dash.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/05/18 08:58 AM

'Fraid I was looking at the view through and above the windscreen... smile

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 03/05/18 11:22 AM

Me too Graham. Looks like Switzerland

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 04:33 AM

A new dashboard for the roadster, I'm happy with my work

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 06:33 AM

Top, top job
Love the Morgan script logo on the dash - really gives it a 50’s look

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 07:25 AM

You’ve done a fantastic job there 🤓

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 08:11 AM

Wow...

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 08:12 AM

Very nice thumbs

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 08:37 AM

That's a great job on the dash, and I must say I think your kitchen is rather lovely too!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 09:22 AM

A work of art brilliant job.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 09:52 AM

....., and I must say I think your kitchen is rather lovely too!

Indeed I was admiring that as well

Also like what looks like a chicken teapot on the worktop

I think we ought to know more!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 11:36 AM

Top work!

Am in full admiration of your work - and wonderful result.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 01:48 PM

Excellent!
Next, could we see it mounted in the car, please?

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/06/18 06:25 PM

Very nice classic alternative design

I'm especially interested in the chrome bezel around the fuel/temp centre cut-out, did you make this ?
Posted By: BertR

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 09/06/18 04:57 PM

Fantastic, much better than the orriginal!
Bert

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/06/18 04:40 AM

Posted By: James B W

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/06/18 07:07 AM

- that looks very retro and suits the car well; good job thumbs

James
Posted By: Stonehagen

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 01/07/18 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By James B W
- that looks very retro and suits the car well; good job thumbs

James

+1
Posted By: Erock Germany

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 14/09/18 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By MTW69

I am a newbie here so sorry for the stupid questions maybe...

Wow. That is amazing. Is that for a S3 Roadster or a 3.7 (looks like 3.7 gauges in the middle?) What gauges were used? What changes did you have to do? Is that a big clock in the middle behind the steering wheel?

I am looking to buy a 3.7 (or a 3.0) but hate the standard 3.7 dash and lack of instruments (oil pressure, volts)

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 14/09/18 08:55 PM

Looks like a MIG clock fitted in front of the steering wheel 🤓

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 15/09/18 05:46 PM

Oh I couldn't live with that 3.7 Roadster dash. Adrian's was the 1st I saw years ago and I can't get use to them.
Posted By: Rob Thornton

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 06:49 AM

I must be the odd one out as I don't quite understand the preference for the traditional layout of a Morgan dashboard with the speedo as far away from the driver as possible. Fine for the racetrack but on todays roads I personally wouldn't want to look at the dashboard behind the steering wheel and see either nothing or a small clock! Speedo and rev counter dead ahead for me. The ergonomics of the dash are important and I think that arrangement of the late 90s / early 2000s seemed pretty good. The stacked instruments in the centre of the dash also meant that all dials could be read with the half tonneau cover zipped in placed. layouts that came afterward were a retrograde step I think despite harking bark to earlier times.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 06:57 AM

My '93 has the speedo and rev counter directly in front of the driver. The important small gauges (temp, oil pressure and to a lesser extent in importance volts) can be read with the tonneau cover in place over the passenger side.
Posted By: lowebird

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 08:03 AM

I have had to re learn the old skill of knowing your road speed by looking at the rev. counter as with the half tonneau on, the speedo is not really visible. I much prefer the "proper " layout that I had on my 2009 +4.
Posted By: KEVFITZ

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 08:13 AM

I too found it awkward at times to read speedo with tonneau fitted so I got this Heads Up Display GPS speedometer from Amazon for £35 .

It does many things but I use it mainly for clear speed accurate reading....great item.

Be aware this item lets out a very loud beep after 1 hour of driving which is to stop you nodding off at the wheel!!!

Scared the c**p out of me..thought I had engine fault!!!

All revealed if you read the instructions...but who does that !!!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 11:10 AM

I have exactly the same in my 4/4 smile
Posted By: IvorMog

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By KEVFITZ
I too found it awkward at times to read speedo with tonneau fitted so I got this Heads Up Display GPS speedometer from Amazon for £35 .

It does many things but I use it mainly for clear speed accurate reading....great item.

Be aware this item lets out a very loud beep after 1 hour of driving which is to stop you nodding off at the wheel!!!

Scared the c**p out of me..thought I had engine fault!!!

All revealed if you read the instructions...but who does that !!!

Don't be fooled into thinking that GPS always gives an accurate speed readout in a car.

It will be accurate on the straight and level but less accurate on hilly and twisty roads.

Not with all GPS but many don't take height change in to account when calculating the speed.

Think basic trigonometry.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 01:25 PM

Well aware of that Bob.
However, it is a darn site more accurate and stable than the analogue gauge as fitted to my car (and a lot cheaper than having that gauge refurbished smile ).

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By IvorMog

Don't be fooled into thinking that GPS always gives an accurate speed readout in a car.

It will be accurate on the straight and level but less accurate on hilly and twisty roads.

Not with all GPS but many don't take height change in to account when calculating the speed.

Hmm. The Earth is comparatively smoother than a billiard ball, altitude change is not really a consideration. GPS gives an RMC message at least every second, often more frequently. RMC (Recommended Minimum Content) message is the one that's got Latitude, Longitude, and ground speed in knots and thus is the easiest message for readouts to process, so a cheapo GPS will look just for these.

Given that the ground speed of a car is unlikely to exceed say 300Kph, then in 1/3600 of an hour one will never travel more than 100 metres. What's the steepest road one would ever be likely to drive up? 1:4 / 25%? So an adjacent side of 100m and an opposite side of 25m gives a hypotenuse of 103m

So if even at the most extreme situation one could possibly imagine (screaming up a 1 in 4 hill at over 180mph) the GPS speed is only likely to be 3% out - well within the legal range. In all other situations it will give very accurate results.

BTW, if anyone wants the Python code to turn a Raspberry Pi into a GPS data logger, gissa shout. I'm working on it at the moment.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 04:21 PM

BTW, if anyone wants the Python code to turn a Raspberry Pi into a GPS data logger, gissa shout. I'm working on it at the moment.

Oh, I'm a data logger, I'm OK,
I sleep all night and I work all day.
I rush up steep slopes at 200 you see,
And have Raspberry Pi for tea.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 04:29 PM

Hmm. The Earth is comparatively smoother than a billiard ball, altitude change is not really a consideration. GPS gives an RMC message at least every second, often more frequently. RMC (Recommended Minimum Content) message is the one that's got Latitude, Longitude, and ground speed in knots and thus is the easiest message for readouts to process, so a cheapo GPS will look just for these.

Given that the ground speed of a car is unlikely to exceed say 300Kph, then in 1/3600 of an hour one will never travel more than 100 metres. What's the steepest road one would ever be likely to drive up? 1:4 / 25%? So an adjacent side of 100m and an opposite side of 25m gives a hypotenuse of 103m

So if even at the most extreme situation one could possibly imagine (screaming up a 1 in 4 hill at over 180mph) the GPS speed is only likely to be 3% out - well within the legal range. In all other situations it will give very accurate results.

You're right, the theory is there but in all practical terms the GPS will be fine.

Should have done the trig calc before posting.

Unless of course the US Military switch off the GPS, or do we use our own satellites these days?
Posted By: KEVFITZ

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 04:33 PM

Phew that's a relief Bob !!!!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 16/09/18 04:35 PM

You're right, the theory is there but in all practical terms the GPS will be fine.

Should have done the trig calc before posting.

Unless of course the US Military switch off the GPS, or do we use our own satellites these days?

People get carried away about accuracy these days, just open a discussion about the "ovality of error" involving GPS for a really involved discussion.. guru
I was unfortunate enough to be involved in some early GPS evaluation trials checking and calibrating it.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 17/09/18 09:26 AM

My '93 has the speedo and rev counter directly in front of the driver. The important small gauges (temp, oil pressure and to a lesser extent in importance volts) can be read with the tonneau cover in place over the passenger side.

I wish Tarka did..!
The main reason I have a TomTom sat nav mounted on the screen is that it shows speed in numbers. The analogue speedometer on Tarka is impossible to read with any degree of accuracy, the markings are at 5 mph intervals and the parallax error makes things worse.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 17/09/18 09:32 AM

Browsing about the internet it seems that there are a lot of speedometers that use the OBDII socket to extract data, some even offer a form of "Head UP" display.

Would the OBD Data be more accurate than GPS?
It would certainly work better in a tunnel!!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 17/09/18 03:11 PM

Discussion of GPS Speedos and such should be moved to another thread. This thread is a sticky topic for the posting of photos of Traditional Morgan Dashboards.

Thank you all
Posted By: JMC06

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/11/18 05:45 PM

Posted By: JMC06

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/11/18 06:00 PM

www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showpic&id=37477
Posted By: rid967

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 04/11/18 06:57 PM

Very envious! The standard Roadster dashboard very much suits a LHD car with the speedo on the left. I understand the leads are long enough to swap the speed / rev counter dials over. Anyone done this?
Posted By: bmgermany

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 07/12/18 12:44 PM

Although I have a MK Dashboard, I wonder what the original dashboard of my 4/4 looked like (2005/ 2006). confused2

I dont want to change my Dashboard, ist is just a matter of interest!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 07/12/18 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By rid967

Very envious! The standard Roadster dashboard very much suits a LHD car with the speedo on the left. I understand the leads are long enough to swap the speed / rev counter dials over. Anyone done this?

My understanding is the main dials are fitted into a module which is hard wired, this is then screwed to the back of the dash in one piece and part of the harness just plugs into this

I don't know of anyone yet who was brave enough to split this moulding and see if the dials can be swopped

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 12:05 PM

rid967, these are some shots of the rear of a Roadster Dash

Time Clock, fog & heated 'screen switches

Main speedo, tacho, fuel & temp all in one housing

And just a reminder of the standard front layout

Posted By: Soleng

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By CooperMan

Main speedo, tacho, fuel & temp all in one housing

This does not look very hand-made, if I may say so.

Harald

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 03:48 PM

Harald, someone was asking if it was possible to flip the Tacho & Speedo in a Roadster, the photos were to show it would be difficult

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 04:06 PM

Also some good shots of these PCBs I keep reading about.

I presume the PCBs have some sort of cover or enclosure and are not just shoved behind the dashboard.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 05:31 PM

I presume the PCBs have some sort of cover or enclosure and are not just shoved behind the dashboard.

happy3

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 05:43 PM

The cover is the one you make.........

Mine in my Roadster is black leather......

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 06:12 PM

Car inner tube will do this job well and cost effective wink

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 06:33 PM

I prefer my delicate parts to be protected by leather.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By DaveW

TMI pantsdown
Posted By: A11OGE

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 06:53 PM

Thought I would get around to posting a photo of my dash following having it re-veneered, adding cream dials and a few chrome bit. Have also added an A frame, and had the carpets replaced, although you can't see that from the photo - Thanks to John V6 for various links etc.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By DaveW

Kev said you liked the smell of rubber innocent

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 07:09 PM

We shouldn't be chatting on this thread.......photos only.

Yeah I'm guilty as charged.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 07:15 PM

I think that applies to the For sale only.

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 07:19 PM

See the very first post in this thread Richard smile

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 11/12/18 07:21 PM

See the very first post in this thread Richard smile

Oops - thanks Graham thumbs
Posted By: Bonesie

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/02/19 11:49 AM

Beautiful work ! And fitted with a Russian aircraft clock ?Love it.
I have a similar clock and is destined for the dash if I get a Mog
Posted By: Anthony4/4

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/10/19 05:01 PM

Proud to show the dash of my 1980 4/4 after rebuilding it. Also compleet new upholstery. And Moto Lita steering wheel.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rid967

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/10/19 09:17 PM

Beautiful. A credit to you!
Posted By: brian battersby

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 02/10/19 10:13 PM

Superb!!

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 08/10/19 08:29 PM

For almost four years I have had this Momo steering wheel. I like it very much, it fits in the diameter and in feeling very nicely to my 4/4. It was not so easy at that time to find the suitable boss. We also had to build the turn signal reset by hand.
I am sometimes careless when it comes to the final look. That's why I always had the naked ugly plastic part hidden from the original shroud in my field of vision. Now I have found a very simple but in my eyes appropriate solution. Modest but like I want it and made by a good saddler. You can't see in the picture that the leather covering protrudes further into the foot space to cover everything. The saddler sawed off the two long threads that fasten the lower part of the original shroud. This also makes it easier to get on at the knees. When the weather gets better I take a picture of the whole dashboard.

[Linked Image]

Re: Traditional Morgan Dashboards [Photos] - 26/10/19 08:54 PM

[Linked Image]

The white spot in the pic below is sunlight beaming through the steering wheel.
[Linked Image]

The two pins underneath which the screw threads for the original lower plastic cover contain we sawed off. So I can get in better without the right knee always hitting it.
[Linked Image]

© 2019 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News