Talk Morgan

HARD TOP PROJECT....

Posted By: KEVFITZ

HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 04:51 PM

Most of the time I love to drive my +4Supersports with aeroscreens to get the full wind in the face experience...

[Linked Image]

However I have also had a hankering for a hard top to complete the "race car" look as in the original 201 launch brochure for the P4SS..

[Linked Image]

Every body said "rare as hen's teeth " to get a good top and I was quoted more than £4000 for a bespoke carbon item !!!

So eventually I was able to locate a new unfitted still wrapped carbon composite fully trimmed top of 2001 vintage destined for a LM62 model Morgan..lucky me !!!

Light as a feather and very strong..I tried it loosely on my car and overall it was a good fit....so far so good !!!

[Linked Image]

Lots still to do but very promising.

To be continued.....

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 05:51 PM

So the brief to myself was to make the top fit without any major mods to the Supersports.

The hardtop came with the LM62 fittings but no body fittings.

The front of the hard top locates onto modified windscreen blades but I didn't want to drill holes or extend my original items so I had to make something that would do the job …

First purchase from Ebay was an industrial sheet metal folder ..£15 bargain.

[Linked Image]

I found by chance at a car boot for £2 four door push plates that were the required length,width thickness and even colour !!!..the thickness is important so the screws that locate the windscreen frame do not crack the screen.

There is a complicated z bend on the windscreen bracket but the folder managed it with ease.

The made brackets were covered both sides with 4mm neoprene and adjustable catches replaced the oe system.

Its going well !!!!
[Linked Image]

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 05:54 PM

Ok up to date now...most of the body fittings are on and the hardtop is firmly fixed..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DaveW

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 06:03 PM

Neoprene seals?

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 06:04 PM

Sorry posted same picture twice !!!!

[Linked Image]

Took the car out for a blast without side screens and the top held fast thankfully !!!!

I found adjustments would be needed to the sidescreens by a small amount to lower them in the door fittings.in order to avoid catching the top.

I didn't want to modify the original sidescreens and found a pair of nearly new mohair covered screens that I can get modified....possibly a machine shop job .

I found these from an old project of mine..cockpit vents which should complete the Race look

[Linked Image]

To be continued...
Posted By: Stewart S

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 06:29 PM

Looking terrific KevFitz

Where do the cockpit vents go?
Posted By: John V6

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 06:30 PM

Great work. Well done

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 07:15 PM

I think Kev's ability to source rare parts is way more impressive. grin2

And we have two of those round tables...……...

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 07:31 PM

Stewart

The vents fix in the fixed part of the sidescreens being careful that they don't obscure the side mirrors. you need a 83 mm hole cutter and a steady hand !!!

Tables are highly recommended Dave..its where I have my breakfast every morning in my Morgan Onesie signed by Charles Morgan !!
Posted By: HeadlessBlue

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 07:41 PM

Those pictures look brilliant Kev. Are you going to wait til it rains to check the seal or aim a hosepipe at it and sit there for a while with fingers crossed???
Ps where do you get the neoprene tape from please? We have large gaps at the back of the doors which really draw the air in when roof is up and I suspect neoprene as a seal could be the answer!!!!
Thank you
HB
Posted By: BertR

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 07:49 PM

Nice how this is progressing, like DW already pointed out you have great skills in resourcing materials!
Stupid question: do you expect more/similar /less noise in the cabin with the hard top compared to the soft top.
I can imagine that the smooth surface of the hard top results in less noise, whereas the hard confined space may be more prone to resonance effects. Whatever, your hard top looks great.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 09:40 PM

HeadlessBlue..got a large sheet of 4mm self adhesive neoprene for £10 on ebay...lots of use on a Morgan to eliminate draughts.

When I get the side screens modified ( next month?) I will try water tests...used to leaks so not the end of the world if there are afew dribbles..every Morgan enthusiast carries a towel in the cockpit !!!!

BertR...The hardtop has a quality deep headlining so it will be interesting to see what happens...many cars I have driven with fiberglass/unlined hardtops can give a drumming noise...I have a side exhaust near my right ear so maybe that will drown out any other noises !

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 09:53 PM

It would look nice painted chequered flaggish.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by HeadlessBlue
Those pictures look brilliant Kev. Are you going to wait til it rains to check the seal or aim a hosepipe at it and sit there for a while with fingers crossed???
Ps where do you get the neoprene tape from please? We have large gaps at the back of the doors which really draw the air in when roof is up and I suspect neoprene as a seal could be the answer!!!!
Thank you
HB

Try COH Baines......

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 10:03 PM

Thanks DaveW- will check the suggestion out
HB
Posted By: waikiore

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 09/07/19 11:56 PM

Wow that looks superb, well done, if I was in the UK I would flop mould a few off that, carbon components are not a problem here with Emirates Team New Zealand next door.
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by DaveW

I think it should have two yellow lines down the centre to match the rest of the car! grin2

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 07:41 AM

Good idea Graham...it might stop pigeons parking on my roof !!!

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 07:43 AM

Just as an aside would any enterprising person wish to take a mold/3d scan I wonder ?

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 07:44 AM

HeadlessBlue...If you have DaveWs overhyped book there is a list of material suppliers in the back !!!!

xx
Posted By: Heinz

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 08:41 AM

Very emotionally deep was the picture with the hardtop that fascinated me so much about the P4SS in 2011. The hardtop made it so special and uniquely attractive.
Now you have the car in the way it was promised to all of us, thanks to your skills. Congratulations!
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Graham, G4FUJ

I think it should have two yellow lines down the centre to match the rest of the car! grin2

It might encourage the pigeons by offering a landing strip
Posted By: Hamwich

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by CooperMan
Originally Posted by Graham, G4FUJ

It might encourage the pigeons by offering a landing strip

But on the other hand, it'll stop people parking on it...

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 04:03 PM

Just realised the rear window is glass..made by Tyneside Toughened with the Morgan wings stamped in it.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 04:16 PM

Didn't do much today but strip down spare set of sidescreens and cut 83mm hole ready for cockpit vents.

Will probably have to drop screen by a few mms by increasing length of channel..but will offer up when all body fixings in place.

[Linked Image]

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 07:11 PM

Thanks Kev- I do and will have a look. Looked at the website proffered earlier but was unclear what I was looking at with loadsa weird shaped “outlines”. No rush so am confident will get there
Ciao for now
HB
Posted By: Stringers Best Mate

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 09:21 PM

You have done well, Obi Wan..

It looks fantastic, our Kev...!!

Why do seagulls in York have large wings..?

To beat you to the tip, apparently.

innocent

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 10/07/19 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by HeadlessBlue
Thanks Kev- I do and will have a look. Looked at the website proffered earlier but was unclear what I was looking at with loadsa weird shaped “outlines”. No rush so am confident will get there
Ciao for now
HB

Look harder HB, they do a self adhesive sponge seal on a roll........1001 uses!

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 02:37 PM

what does the Team think of this option for sidescreens ?

[Linked Image]

Has anybody seen Rob Wells race car in the flesh..the sidescreen lower section appear just to be a fabric cover ?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: N22MOG

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by KEVFITZ
what does the Team think of this option for sidescreens ?

[Linked Image]

]

I'm not keen Kev, though I have toyed with the idea of making some one-piece perspex sidescreens, because I think the cars look better without the fill between the door and the sliding window section at the top but SWMBO doesn't like being a passenger with no sidescreens. Problems would be making them rigid enough and not being able to open them, which you might want to do with the roof up. The aircraft vents you're using would certainly help with ventilation. I bet there's someone out t here that's already done that?

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 02:52 PM

You can get Lexan 8 or even 10mm thick so they would be rigid

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 02:55 PM

I think the lower section would quickly get scratched.
Posted By: SFG

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 03:44 PM

I like the Perspex lower screen. I’d buy a large sheet and renew them now and again. I wonder how it would look with a horizontal hinge halfway up, as on the 2CV?
Could someone photoshop that?

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 03:52 PM

SFG..spooky..that was also an option I considered !!!

I have a blank canvas as the oe sidescreens will be kept untouched.

Don't know how to photo shop that but would love to see it !!!

I have a large sheet of 6mm lexan which I used for a aeroscreen option...great to work with.
Posted By: James B W

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by SFG
I like the Perspex lower screen. I’d buy a large sheet and renew them now and again. I wonder how it would look with a horizontal hinge halfway up, as on the 2CV?
Could someone photoshop that?

I think this is the way to go Kev. thumbs

It should look really 'special' with the hard top fitted too......

James
Posted By: jbk

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 04:40 PM

How about the lower sidescreen section in painted ally to match the paint job?
Posted By: jbk

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 06:16 PM

https://tm-img.com/images/2019/07/11/solid-sidescreen.jpg

just a rough visual

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 06:53 PM

Well the team from just north of Stamford say.... ooooh we like....👍👍
HB
Posted By: Jon G4LJW

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 07:10 PM

Very nice!

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 08:30 PM

Thank you jbk..nice work !!
Posted By: OZ 4/4

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 08:45 PM

Great work Kevfitz, looks fanastic
Posted By: Craig Jezz

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 11/07/19 10:10 PM

Very nice Kev, I like it well done
Posted By: waikiore

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 12/07/19 05:38 AM

I would call it medium rare, just how I like it.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 08:41 AM

Progress to date …(hope you're not bored !!!!)

NO FEMALE CONTENT OR COMMENTS ON WOMEN IN GENERAL !!!

It is only when you undertake a project like this that you realise how each Morgan is different in measurements ..even on the same car from side to side !!!

I have not made any changes to the top itself and only fitted 2 removable body fittings as per the LM62 fittings.

So I had to modify the spare pair of side screens .

Simply had to strip the screens and elongate the slots in the stainless steel fittings.

As I'm sure you know stainless is not easy to drill so I bought a 10mm Dormer bit (£8),measured many times,drilled a hole with lots of lubricant and then using an angle grinder (my favourite tool!) elongated the slot

So far so good !!!..Its actually great to drive around without the lower half in this warm spell.

I have decided to make some removable lower parts from shiny shiny aluminium .

Thoughts on cardboard template please ?

Notice fitted cockpit vents.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BobtheTrain

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 09:09 AM

I don't have a cardboard template to give you my thoughts but IMHO it would look nice in white.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 09:30 AM

Looking good. Yes I think white would be good.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 09:53 AM

Looks good Kev. I also think white might look better than shiny aluminium. Maybe you could make them in aluminium then paint them if you're not happy with the look, after all it's you that you need to please more than us (and you'll never get a consensus, that's the beauty of being able to mod. Mogs. to our own taste).
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 10:03 AM

I'd go for body colour whilst maintaining the integrity of the racing white circle, to me it will look unbalanced otherwise IMHO as Steve says though it's your choice only.

The roof itself is looking really good.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 12:14 PM

Remember the two colour rule..!

Old English White roof, so that roundel needs changing to match, and either match the lower window to that or match the body colour.

But shiny aluminium..? Who on earth would have THAT on their car..??
Posted By: Stewart S

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Stringers Best Mate
Remember the two colour rule..!

Old English White roof, so that roundel needs changing to match, and either match the lower window to that or match the body colour.

Agree, body colour or ivory to match the roof and change your roundels to Ivory (or whatever that creamy colour roof is)

Jobs a good un

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stringers Best Mate

Yep. I reckon body colour but with the roundel picked out to match the door roundel.
Posted By: James B W

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 01:24 PM

Progress to date …(hope you're not bored !!!!)

NO FEMALE CONTENT OR COMMENTS ON WOMEN IN GENERAL !!!

It is only when you undertake a project like this that you realise how each Morgan is different in measurements ..even on the same car from side to side !!!

I have not made any changes to the top itself and only fitted 2 removable body fittings as per the LM62 fittings.

So I had to modify the spare pair of side screens .

Simply had to strip the screens and elongate the slots in the stainless steel fittings.

As I'm sure you know stainless is not easy to drill so I bought a 10mm Dormer bit (£8),measured many times,drilled a hole with lots of lubricant and then using an angle grinder (my favourite tool!) elongated the slot

So far so good !!!..Its actually great to drive around without the lower half in this warm spell.

I have decided to make some removable lower parts from shiny shiny aluminium .

Notice fitted cockpit vents.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

that looks great Kev. - very impressed so far thumbs

re. the cardboard template - not sure it would stand up to the wet weather; maybe aluminium sheet would work better..... innocent

James
Posted By: TalkMorgan

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 02:48 PM

I really like that Kev.

You've also made me miss my Plus 4 SS even more...

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 03:50 PM

Thanks Gents for your encouraging (except JBW OF course!!! ) comments.

Remember the original car in the brochure had yellow roundals which might be an option also.

Simon can you remember the series number and the colour of your P4SS ?

Regards

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 04:03 PM

Simon can you remember the series number and the colour of your P4SS ?

I'm not that old laugh2

Car 60/60 and it was Iris Blue.

It ended up with another forum member but I'm not sure if he is still active on TM.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 04:07 PM

Haa haa

Thanks I now have info on 32 of the 60 cars produced.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 16/07/19 04:14 PM

Depending on how much info you are keeping - it was fitted with the track pack (cage, belts, fire system, etc) from the factory.
Posted By: Bonesie

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 11:41 AM

Aluminium sides with engine turning / perlage would look fab IMO Hhhhhmm, might has a stab at that myself :-)
The hard top looks fantastic by the way !!

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 12:46 PM

Oh, somebody mention engine turned, of course hailing from the peoples republic of South Yorkshire, mine are of course stainless steel

[Linked Image]

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 12:55 PM

Making provision for elbow room was mentioned by a couple of the Collective....

Found this on the back of a scrap washing machine....what do you think ?

The washing machine was a Hotpoint Turbo 2 …..would this mean I could claim to have a Turbo P4SS ?

Answers on a post card to ….
[Linked Image]

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 12:58 PM

It needs an engine turned finish laugh2

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 03:56 PM

You could take it out for a spin.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 04:19 PM

Your're all washed up you lot !!!
Posted By: Ray

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 04:43 PM

My head's in a spin.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 17/07/19 04:47 PM

did someone say gin?

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 07:43 PM

TM Collective the final post on the Hardtop saga....

150 miles in heavy rain today York to Newcastle and back...

Very cosy with hardtop on..two drips on header rail (just like soft top !!!!) and a few drips round the door tops mainly when parked.

No quieter or nosier than soft top..all fixings held well.

The side exhaust sounds a deeper note for some reason..not an unpleasant sound by any means!!!!

I think it was Robert Duval in Apocalypse Now that said "I love the smell of neoprene in the morning " and I have some self adhesive strip which should seal the modified sidescreens,

Not sure what to do about header rail..not a big problem as any Morgan Enthusiast travels with his own body weight in towels as you all know !!!

I have gone with home made aluminium screen bottoms for the moment...both of which are quick release for those warm days.

All in all I like the looks of the car and the extra option...can anybody be ar*s*d to calculate all the driving permutations: aeroscreens/tonneau cover/standard screen/sidescreens on /off etc !!!

[Linked Image]

Thanks for your comments..

Next project convert into a camper van !!!
Posted By: Craig Jezz

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 07:51 PM

Looks really good Kev
Posted By: Paul F

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 08:02 PM

Great work.

Re the header rail leak
1) How close is the profile of the heater rail on the hard top to that of the windscreen and can this be adjusted?
2) Is it worth the effort?

Don’t forget - now you have a hard top, you also have the option of a roof rack or top box - capable of carrying many more towels than with just the hood or aeroscreens.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 08:12 PM

Fantastic job, well done indeed.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 08:29 PM

Well done glad you are happy with it, be a good lad and put the Aero screens back on though as you get far less summer up there than we do on the "English Riviera" laugh2
Posted By: IcePack

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 08:36 PM

To seal the header rail on my hard top, I used a length of 3 mm rubber extrusion. Works perfectly as it stops the water creeping up & over the screen. I also lubed the header rubber with silicone grease. Both suggested by a member TM.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 08:41 PM

Looks great, nice job thumbs I especially like those circular vents.
Posted By: Mkiss

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 08:50 PM

Very interested in the camper van thing - thats missing on mine as well;-)

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 09:17 PM

Ahem..

Space for your bike too..

You're welcome.

innocent

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 09:38 PM

I was thinking more like this !!!!….

[Linked Image]

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 09:48 PM

Had you down as an overtaker not an undertaker for Uncle Melvyn.
Posted By: Edwin

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 19/07/19 09:58 PM

Needs more neoprene.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 07:32 AM

Bit of a change from aeros only. Well done.
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 07:42 AM

Nice work Kev! smile

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 03:36 PM

Next project convert into a camper van !!!

Like this?
[Linked Image]

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 05:07 PM

That's a beauty you got there Bob thumbs

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 05:18 PM

You have done an amazing job there Kev. What are the aerodynamics like compared to the normal soft top? Apologies if you’ve already commented on this....
HB

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by +8Rich

Thanks, Rich. Still getting used to the driving.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by BobtheTrain
Originally Posted by +8Rich

Thanks, Rich. Still getting used to the driving.

It must have been a bit of an epic journey from down South I would think, is it suiting J now all round I hope so.

I never had you down as a German Star driver wink

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 20/07/19 11:26 PM

We are trying it out this Monday for three days down to Darlington to see her Dad. I'll let you know how we get on.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 02:31 PM

Ok final final picture before I remove hardtop and enjoy the last few hours of summer !!!

Got it well secured and reasonably water tight ( as good as the hood anyway !!!)

I do like driving with it on..nice and cosy and a different look and sound.

If I was rich like the famous author DaveW I would buy a second Supersports to run with normal roof/aeroscreens !!!

In fact might be marginally cheaper to buy another P4SS and do that rather than part/ex my car for a new +6 !!

[Linked Image]

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 02:32 PM

That does look great. Well done.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 02:34 PM

Forgot to mention 159 louvres now ...but who's counting !!!!

Goodbye x

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 03:13 PM

Kev...

Looks beautiful...a thing of purpose at rest...

Good job, mate.

clap

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 03:15 PM

I like the continuation roundel on the aluminium...…..I almost suggested that.

So yesterday, MrsW was buggering about as usual...…….can't remember exactly what...…..

So I said "Just stop buggering about and get it sorted"

Then she says...…………."I bet you wouldn't say that to Kev"

"Kev who?" I said. grin2

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 04:11 PM

Cheeky...

Anyway I just can't stop folding metal with my ebay purchased folder !!!!

Nothing straight in my shed anymore !!!..including me !!!

I wish somebody would borrow it !!!!..anybody need it for a project in Yorkshire !!!

Got enough ali left so will make another pair of lower sidescreens and paint them body colour for another option.

Saw this at autojumble at weekend for £50..off an MGB..wonder if it will fit a shiney bonneted Roadster ?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Peter J

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 04:15 PM

Brilliant, Kev!
I'd love to do something like that with Tarka, but two stumbling blocks...

Tarka is wider than a Trad, so even if I could find a hard top it wouldn't fit. So a custom manufacture would be needed.
The Easy up hood would have to be removed. OK, that would mean the spigots on the hood rail could be used to secure the rear of the hood.

So, for now it is a concept... but I urge you to get the hood 3D laser scanned so further examples could be made!

Peter

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 04:46 PM

Looks like a Bermuda hard top

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 05:15 PM

They looked alright on a B if you had to have a roof on it.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 06:37 PM

The Omnibob was the best hardtop for MGs...………

The Bermuda was top heavy to look at...….I had two Omnibobs and one Bermuda...….

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 30/07/19 06:40 PM

I had an MGB GT but got rid in 6 months it was heavy and too slow for my taste. Mrs R thought so too after the GTE.

Re: HARD TOP PROJECT.... - 31/07/19 08:25 AM

Nice work Kev, looks good

That roundel is nicely aligned too thumbs
© 2019 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News