Talk Morgan

SBM COLLECTS NEW +6

Posted By: KEVFITZ

SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 03:52 PM

Thanks to Ian (Wirewheel), my second favourite Tour Guide, for s great factory Tour on Sat 30th Mov..as always a joy to visit and everytime you see something new.

This will be the last visit for me until the new facility opens in Spring next year.

Lots of CX +6 in build with a few Trads going through the Factory.

Everybody buzzing about the next models on the CX chassis..The news will be drip fed to us all in the coming months !!!!

My lips are sealed but I did see a Yellow +6 with a Land Rover 200TDi engine..I think this is a special build for our very own Graham !!!

Meanwhile SBM picks up his new +6 with his son …!!!!!
[Linked Image]

Posted By: madmax

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 04:04 PM

You kept it quiet SBM , wow , lets have a few more pics and what its like to drive and overtake many Porsches , Astons and the like ! joy
Posted By: DaveW

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 04:09 PM

We got back safely as well...…….
Posted By: andymot

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 04:31 PM

That looks lovely. Pure joy on SBMs face too that makes him look like 9 year old opening his latest Corgi toy! Brilliant......
Posted By: SteveT

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 04:52 PM

and no shiny bonnet to worry about.. shame its only available in primer..

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 05:03 PM

It's a good job the heated seats are hot because he was wetting himself the whole trip.
Posted By: John V6

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 05:08 PM

Well done SBM does stringer like it?
More photos etc please
Posted By: andymot

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 05:25 PM

Looking at the picture again - the Dove grey ( or Morgan owners hair ( those that have some) colour) really does make the plus6 look traditional, set off with a modern twist in the choice of alloys. Understated and very classy to my eyes. Congratulations SBM.
Posted By: deano

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 06:30 PM

Congratulations SBM. loving the Dove Grey.
Posted By: Heinz

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 06:45 PM

A very classic and classy looking Mog indeed! Have many (s)miles.
Posted By: Stringers Best Mate

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 07:06 PM

Kev,

You're a little minx..

I think it's fair to say Mr KevFitz is enjoying a prank here, chaps.. Sadly, it isn't mine..!

I was lucky enough to wrestle the keys out of the real owner and have half an hour out on the greasy November roads around Malvern, in a car that boasts 320bhp and no traction control, all whilst wearing a new pair of shoes.. What could possibly go wrong..?? Gulp..

Lovely car to drive, most amazing of which is the newly found cockpit space. Despite being a few inches north of six feet in height, I could easily sit with my legs almost straight and still have a notch or two on seat movement to spare. There is no sitting awkwardly like in the Brooklands, no unnatural splaying of feet or knees and a much wider exit with longer doors.

Oh, and an auto box...with paddles...and sport modes...which were left firmly in the box on those greasy roads..!! The brown interior leather was a purposeful choice, no doubt..

No-one's clocked the passenger yet, either..

Not too sure that Dove Grey is 'me', and those wheels should be grey, but what a car..

Would I have one..? On cockpit space alone, a very resounding yes.

The CX drives unlike any other Morgan though, and I have to say that an auto box suits the model so well.

Now....where's my letter to Santa gone...

coffee
Posted By: Heinz

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 09:01 PM

Kev, You're a joker and you're certainly roguish. But if I should be in the UK I would like to have a beer with you.

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 01/12/19 10:00 PM

Don't expect him to buy a round.

He's from Yorkshire
Posted By: atalante83

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 05:07 AM

Lovely car
Posted By: KEVFITZ

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 09:05 AM

I must say I'm sold on the CX chassis...the drive in the Factory demo car clearly demonstrated the smooth comfortable ride at high speed on roads round Malvern that in a Trad require both hands on the wheel and a very bumpy ride.

Still too quiet for me even with the sports exhaust.but that could be sorted.

Definitely end of an era with regards to driver maintenance.

Neoprene will still be needed to stop leaks and one of the gauges was misted up...felt quite at home ...hee hee !!!

The extra cabin room is welcome and I could envisage long hours in the saddle in this car..it could be the complete Morgan..a great daily driver,enthusiastic sports car and gt cruiser.

Well done Morgan..I look forward to Geneva and the next CX model

Anybody want to buy a +4 Supersports ? !!!!!
Posted By: Stringers Best Mate

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 09:39 AM

Kev,

Phone home, mate. The family are worried about you, now..

Selling your SS, indeed..
Posted By: OZ 4/4

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by KEVFITZ
Thanks to Ian (Wirewheel), my second favourite Tour Guide, for s great factory Tour on Sat 30th Mov..as always a joy to visit and everytime you see something new.

This will be the last visit for me until the new facility opens in Spring next year.

Lots of CX +6 in build with a few Trads going through the Factory.

Everybody buzzing about the next models on the CX chassis..The news will be drip fed to us all in the coming months !!!!

My lips are sealed but I did see a Yellow +6 with a Land Rover 200TDi engine..I think this is a special build for our very own Graham !!!

Meanwhile SBM picks up his new +6 with his son …!!!!!
[Linked Image]

SBM, Good to see you are doing your bit to "keep things afloat" (13/7/18)

Posted By: madmax

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by KEVFITZ
I must say I'm sold on the CX chassis...the drive in the Factory demo car clearly demonstrated the smooth comfortable ride at high speed on roads round Malvern that in a Trad require both hands on the wheel and a very bumpy ride.

Still too quiet for me even with the sports exhaust.but that could be sorted.

Definitely end of an era with regards to driver maintenance.

Neoprene will still be needed to stop leaks and one of the gauges was misted up...felt quite at home ...hee hee !!!

The extra cabin room is welcome and I could envisage long hours in the saddle in this car..it could be the complete Morgan..a great daily driver,enthusiastic sports car and gt cruiser.

Well done Morgan..I look forward to Geneva and the next CX model

Anybody want to buy a +4 Supersports ? !!!!!

No , don;t do it , continue improvements to the SS but a CX would be 'refined' and 'sophisticated' and could get a tad dull after the initial love in ?? love

SBM - Are you sure you don't want one ? Plus 6 that is !

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 10:01 AM

Pinning those two down is like swotting flies.
Posted By: John V6

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 10:04 AM

Having driven a +6 I am sticking with my roadster even if it does have the odd foible like catching fire. The +6 has no soul and tough it is a great modern car I don't feel the desire to own one I thought I would before the test drive.
Posted By: PJB

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 02/12/19 01:38 PM

Looking back over the comments above, surely getting rid of the "very bouncy ride" on a Traditional Morgan is not that difficult now is it, even with leaf springs, no real excuse.
OK no doubt double wishbones with coilovers front and back will always be potentially much better and easier to set up.
I hope and expect the new platform to sell well to probably a new customer base.
Cheers Peter (SSL)
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 03/12/19 01:53 AM

Can we have our demonstrator back now?? grin2
Posted By: Peter J

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 04/12/19 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Graham, G4FUJ
Can we have our demonstrator back now?? grin2

From Steve? Take a strong and brave man to drag it from his fingers...
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: SBM COLLECTS NEW +6 - 04/12/19 05:46 PM

rofl thumbs
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News