Talk Morgan

Show me your alloy wheels

Posted By: Bonesie

Show me your alloy wheels - 09/09/20 05:15 AM

Folks

Thinking of getting 'trick' set of wheels for The Captain ( 96 +4 ) Currently its on the Morgan alloys and although I like them, I want to have a change.
Looking at polished alloys with maybe a splash of black or even red might be cool.

What I know about wheels you can write on a stamp. So, Were to buy, decent make etc etc

Anyone know the PCD of Morgan alloys ?

Anybody got any none standard alloys ? Any example images would be fabulous, darlings.

Thank you

Posted By: TBM

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 09/09/20 07:12 AM

Some absolute beauties here:

Image Wheels

If you ignore some of the more 'bling' styles they remake some of the more classic looking stuff.
Posted By: Heinz

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 09/09/20 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by TBM
Some absolute beauties here:

Image Wheels

If you ignore some of the more 'bling' styles they remake some of the more classic looking stuff.

I agree and MMC is a client someone told me. The „Billet 46“ is the wheel which is ordered by MMC for the last BMW Plus 8 Speedster with round holes (around the rim edge) as well as for the 80s anniversary 4/4 (squared holes). In different size it looks completely different. Of course they have some other styles. The wheels of the ARP4 were also made by Image Wheels.
If you are interested it is best to send them a spare wheel to get the correct data and size of the wheels. Or someone knows it precisely.

Of course Image Wheels is just an example and there should be other companies. Or you find a cool looking classic existent wheel with the right dimensions.
Posted By: Peter J

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 09/09/20 10:14 AM

I'm rather taken with these...
https://www.imagewheels.co.uk/db3-alloy-wheel/
Posted By: SwissMogFan

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 09/09/20 12:48 PM

Alloys painted in body colour. Was a factory option when I ordered the car last year.
I still like it.

[Linked Image]wheel by Werni Wehrli, auf Flickr
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 09/09/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Peter J

Clever design, from a glance they look like traditional wires (almost)
Posted By: Dada

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 10/09/20 10:45 AM

Hi Swissmogfan,
Is your Morgan paint a factory "sport blue" color ? camera
Posted By: SwissMogFan

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 11/09/20 10:48 AM

Hello Dada
Yes ist is.
Posted By: AndyrIch

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 11/09/20 05:32 PM

Are they to fit splined hubs or normal bolts. Just in case I win the lottery tomorrow would like to order a plus Four with alloys for the winter but something like that for the summer. ( I hate cleaning wire heels but like the look)
Posted By: ChrisConvertible

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 12/09/20 01:50 AM

I like those
Originally Posted by AndyrIch

Are they to fit splined hubs or normal bolts. Just in case I win the lottery tomorrow would like to order a plus Four with alloys for the winter but something like that for the summer. ( I hate cleaning wire heels but like the look)

I like those as well. I am trying to work out their pricing if you already had knockoff wire wheels. Say 15 inch by 6 inch as standard for the Plus 4 the wheels are £285 each or £1140 for a set of 4, but what from the Extras is required to get them to fit? Would I need STEEL CENTRELOCK CONVERSION HUBS WITH ALUMINIUM NUTS/SPINNERS SET OF 4 for £1,050 or maybe ALUMINIUM CENTRELOCK CONVERSION HUBS WITH ALUMINIUM NUTS/SPINNERS SET OF 4 for £1,250 meaning to get the wheels to fit costs more than the actual wheels?

I am still in the early stags of my MGB build and never actually cleaned wire wheels yet to know how bad it is, but I like the idea of those for winter and real wires for summer.
Posted By: Peter J

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 12/09/20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by AndyrIch

You can order them with either splined, 4 bolt or 5 bolt fittings.
Posted By: Rovert

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 13/09/20 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisConvertible

I am still in the early stags of my MGB build and never actually cleaned wire wheels yet to know how bad it is, but I like the idea of those for winter and real wires for summer.

The Stainless Steel wires on my +8 are as easy to clean as the alloys. The previous Chrome ones were a different story, so if you hear horror stories of hours with a toothbrush and Auto Solvol that will be for Chrome!
Posted By: Shooter

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 14/09/20 01:41 PM

I have a set of the Speedster type wheels in black taken off my S5 Aero if anyone is looking for a set!
Posted By: ChrisConvertible

Re: Show me your alloy wheels - 14/09/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rovert
Originally Posted by ChrisConvertible

The Stainless Steel wires on my +8 are as easy to clean as the alloys. The previous Chrome ones were a different story, so if you hear horror stories of hours with a toothbrush and Auto Solvol that will be for Chrome!

Thanks, so hopefully I will not have any issues. I think I decided on Stainless Steel wires reading Dave's book.
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News