Talk Morgan

A WINTERS TALE.........

Posted By: KEVFITZ

A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 05:56 AM

Preface:.....

As DaveW is the only accredited and published Author I know ,(rightly proud of his first and last book), I had originally intended to use his Ghost Writer Enid Blyton to help draft these ramblings of mine.

Despite my best efforts I was not able to find her agent and so with the encouragement of my Probation Officer and Carer I decided to forge ahead and try and make sense of my recent adventure.

To be continued......

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 06:08 AM

Intoduction...

Having now driven all variants of the new improved CX models I still did not feel the urge to hand over my beloved +4 Supersports and £30+ thousand pounds to step into the Future.

I love the hard core racer exclusivity of the P4SS and none of the CX variants changed my mind......but who knows maybe when I grow up and settle down !!!!

So feeling the need to launder some money and as my life ebbs away,I began to contemplate a different type of car with a different style of motoring and as the effects of my medication began to take hold I started to reminisce about cars in the past that were important to me at different stages of my life ......

Sorry I need the toilet..will be back in a moment...

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 06:27 AM

Right I'm back..sorry about that...I have a copy of DaveWs book in the downstairs toilet and its difficult to put down..(Daves book is available in most good Charity shops..often in the £1 bin).

So where was I ?..Oh yes..thinking about important cars in my past..

Classic Minis including ex Police 1071 Cooper S

Classic Beetle several (still have a 1951 split window ex Taxi in Ireland)

Early Range Rovers and Land Rovers

Fiat 500 when I lived in Rome for the Goodyear Airship Crew

Golf Mk1 GTi..1976 1st GTi registered in UK

Porsche .5 x 911s,1x912,1x356

And then it hit me like a flying baguette..of course..it all makes complete sense now..there is a reason to live..a quest ..a hunt begins to take shape and so guided by the moral compass of the Jesuits (motto:you can run but you cant hide) I began the next part of my journey.

Right off to work now to Feed The World..

To be continued....
Posted By: Stewart S

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 06:48 AM

Exit, pursued by a bear
Posted By: auster

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 08:28 AM

Blimey Kevfitz, where are you taking us? This tale has Epic written all over it. I'm thinking Umberto Eco or Hemingway or even Beatrice Potter. Will stock up on port and stilton to see me through the next instalment. sherlock
Posted By: James B W

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 09:06 AM

Kev. - has your prescription run out?

We can help; just let us know which drugs you need..... innocent

Seriously, I am looking froward to the next episode (just hoping the 'Holy grail' is not a hearing aid beige,Austin Allegro.....)

Keep safe... thumbs

James
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 09:39 AM

Keep it up Kev, "It's good to talk" for chaps with your condition tongue2
Posted By: Image

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 10:17 AM

Kev ...If this involves transitioning to become the World's first female F1 Champion can you please state your preferred pronouns up-front so we can avoid offence.

K
Posted By: Arwyn Williams

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 10:51 AM

Forgot to take my meds this morning, having trouble following this thread.....

Arwyn
Posted By: Neptune

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by KEVFITZ
Right I'm back..sorry about that...I have a copy of DaveWs book in the downstairs toilet and its difficult to put down.

The downstairs toilet?
The downstairs toilet?

Surely in your stately home, and you must live in one to throw such sums around on unnecessary extra cars, the downstairs toilet is for the staff.
Dave’s book deserves to be in the upstairs, posh, toilet.
Posted By: Neptune

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by auster
Blimey Kevfitz, where are you taking us? This tale has Epic written all over it. I'm thinking Umberto Eco or Hemingway or even Beatrice Potter. Will stock up on port and stilton to see me through the next instalment. sherlock

Did you know Beatrice Potter could balance a pint of beer on her head?
Oh sorry that’s Beertrix Potter, her sister.
Posted By: sospan

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:06 AM

Enid Blyton?
I can envisage J R Tolkein or Terry Pratchett influences creeping in.
The Fellowship of the Ring becomes the Fellowship of the Car?
Travelling to Discworld in the search?
Encountering many weird, wonderful and magic things ( Plus a few dodgy characters).
Posted By: Heinz

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:10 AM

Kevfitz, but do you still have time for one of your famous nativity scenes when you become a storyteller?
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:11 AM

Can someone in the northern wastelands call in on him and check he's ok, I suspect he may have a UTI or something grin2

That's what living in a log cabin in the woods does to you, sooner or later you go bush smile..

Keep taking the tablets old son.

Posted By: MOG 615

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Arwyn Williams
Forgot to take my meds this morning, having trouble following this thread.....

Arwyn

Relax Arwyn , it is either Kev who has forgotten his medication , or he is awaiting a visit form Care in The Community.
Posted By: John V6

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:28 AM

I reckon he has picked some magic mushrooms
Posted By: sospan

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:31 AM

OK...I’ll go to our village witchdoctor for a potion to cure him. The cost is not high....one chicken and a can of Felinfoel Double Dragon

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:33 AM

I haven't drunk feelingfoul in ages. A nice drop that.
Posted By: Ray

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 11:46 AM

Kev, what was the name of that wine, again?
Posted By: DaveW

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 12:10 PM

Don't worry.

Kev is as sane as he's ever been, which doesn't say much.

The problem with being an accredited author, is that I know where this tale is leading, but it's not for me to write the next badly constructed mini-chapter. I'll leave the for Kev when he gets another semi-lucid moment.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by +8Rich
Can someone in the northern wastelands call in on him and check he's ok, I suspect he may have a UTI or something grin2

That's what living in a log cabin in the woods does to you, sooner or later you go bush smile..

I'd gladly go as I think Kev's in tier 2 so his pub is open, however my shiny 405 line TV has just shown the Rozzers stopping tier 3 numpties crossing t' border

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by CooperMan

I'd gladly go as I think Kev's in tier 2 so his pub is open, however my shiny 405 line TV has just shown the Rozzers stopping tier 3 numpties crossing t' border

I knew we could rely on you for the care in the community Jon, besides not much on the 405 these days down here..

Same down here with the naughty Devon tier 2 people skipping over the Tamar to tier 1 country where they are properly open smile and then driving back banghead
Posted By: Paul F

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 01:40 PM

It could be time to launch the TM TBI.

TBI - Definition
The TBI (Talking or Typing Bo*****s Index) defines the degree to which an afflicted person is talking or typing utter tosh.

The scale ranges from:

TBI = 0 = completely sane, lucid and could be trusted to pass on an important message or to type something helpful on TM

to

TBI = 10 = Absolutely gone - cannot be trusted to know the difference between Sunday and Scarborough - needs a friend to check that medication is being taken in accordance with the prescription.

I will leave it to others to assign a TBI rating to our dear Morgan brother Kev.
Posted By: PhilRoyle

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Paul F
It could be time to launch the TM TBI.

TBI - Definition
The TBI (Talking or Typing Bo*****s Index) defines the degree to which an afflicted person is talking or typing utter tosh.

The scale ranges from:

TBI = 0 = completely sane, lucid and could be trusted to pass on an important message or to type something helpful on TM

to

TBI = 10 = Absolutely gone - cannot be trusted to know the difference between Sunday and Scarborough - needs a friend to check that medication is being taken in accordance with the prescription.

I will leave it to others to assign a TBI rating to our dear Morgan brother Kev.

I think Kev registers 11 -as per Spinal Tap
Posted By: PeterG

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 02:57 PM

Maybe Kevin had this for breakfast.

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 03:00 PM

Who is this poor girl Morgan Ash & why did they soak her body in gin?
hide

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 03:03 PM

Well I'm back..what have I missed?....

Auster strange you should make that comment because while I was out there were messages from the Catholic Herald and the Ferret Fettlers Almanac both of who wanted to serialise my writings.

There was mention of a documentary but too early for that methinks.

I have decided with the help of medical science to continue and in the words of the late Poet Laureate Freddie Truman (I think !) "Publish and be damned"

And so I will tell the tale....

But not right now..I have to take the Whippet out then I'll settle down with a mug of Yorkshire tea and a lump of Yorkshire Parkin (with some Wensleydale on the side)
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by sospan
( Plus a few dodgy characters).

I think many of them are on here! grin2

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by PeterG

[Linked Image]

Well you are certainly going to be Pistonbroke at those prices hide

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Well you are certainly going to be Pistonbroke at those prices hide

Should it be Pistin Gin?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:31 PM

Well the colour is right Phil oops they are certainly extracting it at that price..

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:32 PM

Rich that's cheap Gin these days and looking at the colour of it I reckon the infused Ash was abit that had been Cuprinol'd

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:33 PM

Keep going Kev - I understand where you are coming from and maybe an inkling of where you are going to - I`m well along the way myself.
Remember "Thou shalt not covid another man`s ox or ass.".- unless of course they are bowing down in a middle eastern stable. party

Where Dr Morgan when you need him to help diagnose Kev.
Posted By: Peter J

That is more of a lunchtime drink, perhaps served in small breakers turned from Ash?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:34 PM

Maybe the ash is from the bonfire of the last wooden chassis

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:35 PM

Rich that's cheap Gin these days and looking at the colour of it I reckon the infused Ash was abit that had been Cuprinol'd

Peter laugh2 Yes our local has turned into a Speciality Gin palace these days and crazy prices. £17 for a bottle of Gordons will do me and add our own flavours..

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:37 PM

Preface:.....

As DaveW is the only accredited and published Author I know ...

To be continued......

Kev, we know each other and !'m a serial author.... two books and many, many papers and articles.
All utterly unexciting, unless you have a strange fascination with chemistry.....

But I'll forgive you, because I know your nomination for the IgNobel Chemistry Prize was rejected and this has cut you to the quick...!

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:38 PM

Now then...

To make a short story long....It suddenly all made sense..I needed another Citroen 2CV in my life!!!!

I had had great fun in the share 425cc car which I shared in Holland in the 70s..I loved the genius "less is more" engineering design and it would be a totally different driving form to my Supersports.

It had to be a 50s 0r 60s ripple bonnet car with the genius centrifugal clutch,6v electrics and the 12hp 425cc engine..not the modern 12v 602cc neck breaking acceleration gay car with names like Dolly or Charleston !!!

It was shortly after my Brass Band practise when talking about my quest that I think it was the Tuba player said he knew somebody who knew somebody's 2nd cousin who knew a man who thought he had heard about an old Citroen stored in a secret location in West Yorkshire.

Days passed into weeks,weeks into months and with a bit of luck,the help of The Baby Jesus" I made progress.

I had found the secret location of the car and made an appointment to meet The Keeper of the Keys.

Are you still with me?
Anybody need the toilet?

I will continue...
Upon the appointed day I approached the secret location near Holmfirth West Yorkshire and banged on the door of the imposing semi derelict old mill and as the door creaked open I could make out a humpty backed partially sighted gimp of a creature who shielded his one good eye from the daylight..(I say daylight..it was more like a grey mist of a day).

I showed my Society Of Jesus warrant card and was ushered into a cavernous hall full of old machinery and vehicles....

to be continued..

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 04:51 PM

Undeterred I will continue...

Sure enough I could see the outline of the body of a classic 2CV held aloft in the roof of the building.

It was almost a religious experience and it was only The Jesuits talking in my head ( that happens a lot !!) that stopped from dropping to one knee and singing praise to the false god in the false roof .

There were lots of boxes with Citroen parts..engine ,gearbox, wheels,panels and folders of tax discs and invoices.!!!

Yes indeed from initial inspection it was a 50/60s ripple bodied 2CV..all the parts were there..but not necessarily in the right order.

The gimp ,called Royston, said he had to lock up and slaughter a pig so I departed with an invitation to return on the morrow to meet the current custodian.

It had been a good day..a very good day.

Hold on there's a knock at the door..

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 05:20 PM

Hold on there's a knock at the door..

" Hello matron, I don't recognise your two burley assistants" blush

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 05:50 PM

Oh there's plenty more to come....................

It's a seasonal story of general bonhomie and goodwill, sort of.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Neptune

Well spotted Neptune. Beatrice was the the beer balancing member of the family. Beertrix wrote the books. doh

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 07:25 PM

The end rofl

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Heinz

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 07:33 PM

Or the beginnig blush
Posted By: beltempo

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 07:47 PM

Praise the lord...
a 2CV. I have a sweet spot for them. My career in special cars started with an NSU 1000C and right after that came the 2CV. I my case the mighty 2CV6 with frightening 25 horses. I joined a club then and we enjoyed ourselves visiting other clubs in Europe for meetings during the summers. One day I found a centrifugal clutch for the 602 cc engine on a junkjard in france. Very rare. On the next meeting in Switzerland, between breakfast and lunch, we pulled the engine out and dropped the clutch in. We built beautyfull memories back then. One day, a 2CV will join the Morgan in my garage for sure.

Enjoy yours.

Regards,
Markus

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 07:57 PM

Sorry about the delay...bloody Jehovahs Witness..they just don't understand NO..

I found it quicker to say YES,join up and then they left !!!!..

So,seems like this is the never ending story but for the good of everybody's well being I will pour a glass of Malbec and continue....

I arranged a daylight visit to view the Citroen and armed with torch a note pad and aTazer ,in case Royston turned funny, I went through all the boxes and recorded chassis numbers and I climbed up to the false roof to look at the shell.

Surprise and very interesting the car was right hand drive...not converted but as left the Factory. Didn't expect that!!!

Had a look through the folders and felt a funny sensation through my whole body..yes you guessed it Royston was stood naked at the side of me with a mug of tea and a Cream Horn !!!..only joking about the naked part to see if you are paying attention!!!

In one of the folders was all the tax discs from 1954,all invoices and picture of the English owner taking delivery of the car.

So now I knew,to be confirmed later,that it was indeed a very rare UK Slough built car hence the right hand drive.!!!!

You know the feeling when you first see a grown man naked ?..it was just like that..pure shock..but without the gagging !!

I just knew I had to buy it and restore it..just like I know I have to go and open another bottle..Back soon

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 08:17 PM

Soon be time for my Quilt Embroidery class on Zoom so I cant stay long...

The car had been stored for 20 years..all parts were there and it was intended to restore the car but it never happened.

I did my very best to contain my excitement when the title owner said he would possibly sell if the price was right ..

I made lots of groaning noises ,tuts about having to recover car and parts which is not an easy job etc.

The expected to and fro began on values today,the price of fish etc and I did the brave manly thing and offered my final walk away price..cash on the nose..take it away and never darken your door again routine.

H e said he would get back to me soon.

Anyway my class begins soon..we are doing a Yorkshire version of the Bayeaux Tapestry..should be fun

To be continued....

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 08:20 PM

Well spotted Neptune. Beatrice was the the beer balancing member of the family. Beertrix wrote the books. doh

This is the Otter you need... brewed just up the road a bit from here..

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 08:59 PM

We'll soon be at the end of the first chapter.

Don't even think about trying to figure out what happens next, because you won't.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 09:26 PM

This is the Otter you need... brewed just up the road a bit from here..

[Linked Image]

Richard I am so focussed on the Kevfitz epic that I hesitate to encourage thread drift. However, thank you for the diversion and yes I have some experience of the Otter brew and in fact G and I ordered a barrel of that fine beer for our wedding in Budleigh. Unfortunately Beatrice Potter was otherwise engaged and, though invited, didn't appear for her Ottery beer balancing trix. We also invited that other living literary legend and Budleigh Salterton resident Hilary Mantel but alas she was also busy; writing an epic or three, was her lame excuse. So we carried on without the celebs but now I think we should hand the mic to Kev and allow him to finish the tale.
Posted By: Stringers Best Mate

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 04/12/20 10:30 PM

I think someone's competing for attention here...and it's not Royston...

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 09:43 AM

And then the phone rang...

False alarm..it was my mother !!!

If it's not one thing it's your mother!!

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 09:44 AM

Sorry about the delay...bloody Jehovahs Witness..they just don't understand NO..
I found it quicker to say YES,join up and then they left !!!!..

If they don't take NO on the second attempt I suggest they are trespassing - "git orff my land" always works as I close the front door!

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 11:17 AM

I'm waiting with baited breath, on tenterhooks and almost beside myself with frustration at not having anything from you to read.
Stop listening to the Jesuites in you head, they are not real, and go back to the world of interlocking gears.

Kev, please, in the kindest possible way, tell you mother you are writing an epistle for the 2022 Booker Prize and cannot be disturbed, least the literary juices dry up and you are left with chronic writer's block.

A sign on the door of your mansion "Genius at Work: Do not Disturb" is essential...

I've arranged a delivery of witn from Laithwaites to "The Log Cabin in the Woods, Escrik, Yorkshire"... .

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 11:19 AM

Witn?

Kevs a Malbec fancier.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 11:25 AM

Malbec, but don't tell him, I don't want him over excited......
https://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/Opi-Malbec-Reserve-2019/2670019
Posted By: Saxonian

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 11:37 AM

I have a 'orrible feeling.......
Not quite sure where this tale will end.......

Its beginning to sound like the script from "Hostel" or "Saw"

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Or even worse..... "The Human Centipede"......

(I'm not showing the poster for this one.....)

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 11:41 AM

I wonder if it will end with men with white coats!

I also wonder what anyone stumbling on this thread will make of people who drive Morgans goodnight mad2

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 12:15 PM

Be afraid THIS WILL NEVER END !!!!

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 12:19 PM

Finally I received the phone call I was hoping for !!!!...

My offer was accepted and I could make arrangements to collect the car and all the boxes..

Sigh of relief from the TM collective..

Is it over now ?

Can I breathe a sigh of relief?

This is not the end..it is not even the beginning of the end...

Brace yourselves..

and spookily Peter lots of wine is involved..

to be continued.....
Posted By: IvorMog

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 12:41 PM

This is like watching an exciting TV series where you have to wait for a week between each episode.

I think I'll record the series and then binge read it when it's all over.

But how will I know it's finished?????

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 12:49 PM

As long as every other post doesn't turn into a 'Previously On ......' we'll be fine

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 01:51 PM

- surely more in keeping for a Morgan owner......

[Linked Image]

full story here - 'la Deuche'.

- get the chisels out Kev...... thumbs

James

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 03:44 PM

I'm working as required as Kev's artistic director, wine consultant, and screenplay adviser. That sounds way better than Forumplay director.

Remember that apart from living in a Yorkshire forest, Kev is a whippet fancier, and flat cap collector. He's also part of the inner circle of the inner circle of TM, and founder member of the TM splinter group, set up to cater for the needs of the socially inept Morgan owner.

As soon as Kev has sobered up from his latest binge, his story will continue, with some unexpected twits and turns...................................................

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 06:21 PM

TBI is increasing.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by DaveW

his story will continue, with some unexpected twits and turns...................................................

Really...?
I'm on't edge 'o mi seat

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 05/12/20 07:39 PM

Kev's world always involves unexpected twits Jon.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 07:07 AM

It had been a dark and stormy night in the Forest...all was not well...the wind was howling through the trees like a customer trying to get a discount from Phil Ledgerwood.

I had taken Spike the Whippet for his night time walk before bed and even he ,a dog deaf in one eye,could sense I was unsettled.

He scuttled straight to his bed on our return and settled down on a bed of Plus6 leather offcuts.

I tried the bed time ritual of reading to the ferrets,Suck and Bang (I lost Blow in an unfortunate accident with a blender) they usually go off after a few pages of the MMC Yearly Financial Review but tonight was different...

Tomorrow was the big day..Citroen extraction day !!!

My mind was racing with all the preparations : trailer booked..check :use of fork lift arranged check:box of live rabbits for Royston :check

I needed to get some rest..I have a copy of accomplished Author DaveW on my bedside table and its so dull I'm usually gone by chapter 2 but tonight something was different.I was still reading at chapter 4..reading but not comprehending.(perhaps that is how all readers of Daves book feel)..

I picked up The Haynes Manual of Bell Ringing..a difficult book yet strangely compelling..but still no welcome rest.

As the fingers of Dawn caressed me (she really should go home soon) I finally lapsed into a deep slumber..I had begun to read a new acquisition "My Achievements In The World Of Chemistry " by Peter Jenks,a slim tome, but it did the trick..I was gone before the end of the introduction...

To be continued......

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 07:12 AM

..I had begun to read a new acquisition "My Achievements In The World Of Chemistry " by Peter Jenks,a slim tome, but it did the trick..I was gone before the end of the introduction...

To be continued......

rofl rofl
Posted By: HeadlessBlue

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 07:57 AM

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!
So near yet clearly so far. This is worse than waiting for the new build to start.
Wibble
HB

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 11:29 AM

There's so much more to come, as the Bishop said to the, errr..........

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 12:39 PM

She was only an Admirals daughter but she was full naval ***********

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 03:14 PM

I do wonder just how long Kev can keep this going!
(I was going to say something else, but thought better of it.)

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 03:15 PM

The story isn't half way yet...............

And it took a lot longer in real time.
Posted By: DavidR

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 09:52 PM

For heavens sake give him some laxative. That might get it out quicker!

....and I'm not for a minute trying to suggest you're talking sh!t Kev.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 06/12/20 10:15 PM

Kev is a Saint.

Saints can't be rushed ........

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 07/12/20 04:12 AM

Morning TM...

Up at the crack of Dawn today..for the last time for a while..(she is going back to her husband for a short break.)

Exciting day today...it is the appointed day to remove the Citroen from its hideaway and reveal all to the World for the first time in over 20 years.

Spike the Whippet has been for an early morning walk in the Forest but he is eager to get back to my shed..mainly because one of Roystons live rabbits in a box has escaped and is hiding somewhere..it will give him hours of fun trying to find him while I'm out for the day.

Suck and Bang the Ferrets are watching re-runs of Spring Watch..they are hoping to see some family members on TV !!!...

The plan today is to photograph the the body/chassis and all parts in boxes in situ for posterity and then remove everything to its new location for cataloguing and assessment.

Maybe tomorrow I can reveal some photographs if all goes well...

Have a good day..

To be continued...

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 07/12/20 08:52 AM

No rush it really can wait. The longer the better.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 07/12/20 09:18 AM

Kev, 4:12am...you're bonkers pal

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 07/12/20 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by CooperMan
Kev, 4:12am...you're bonkers pal

- he's in a different time zone (well, World actually....... doh )

James
Posted By: Georgetoad

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 02:47 AM

Hey!!! This is A Winters Tale. It should finish in March 2021.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 07:37 AM

Just before I leave for another days sorting and cataloguing I thought I would leave this up in the air :

After all its been there for over 20 years !!!!

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 07:38 AM

[Linked Image]

To be continued....

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 07:48 AM

Galvanised chassis are readily available. smile

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 09:52 AM

Sadly the photo doesn't show on my pc.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 11:46 AM

Try a screen refresh - I've had similar problems in the past, occasionally, and I've just had to return to the thread at a later time, to find the photos in place.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by John V6
Sadly the photo doesn't show on my pc.

Same here logged in/out and logged into TM Image gallery still no go - bored of it now xmasbigsmile many other threads running santarudy to enjoy and presents to wrap..

Like DaveW the older I get the less patience I have wink

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 01:32 PM

That didn't work Graham.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 01:40 PM

I've informed Kev I can't see it either.

Using the bat phone.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 01:48 PM

Works on my andriod phone ..... imagine a far from talented blacksmith knocked up a moveable coop for his granny's chickens and you're pretty much there smile

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 03:16 PM

I`m waiting for "Previously on........" and then "Coming up on........"
This could be Kev`s soap opera - or Carbolic opera, in Kev`s case.
If this is made into a movie who do we find to play the role of Kev? Has anybody got a tame red squirrel to stand in for the face-furniture? snowlaugh
Posted By: RichardV6

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 09:23 PM

Here's a couple.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 08/12/20 11:31 PM

- what!? no stickers yet, sorry ,decals....... snowlaugh

James

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 03:49 AM

So ....all the parts have been assessed and laid out in its new home and about 80% of the car is original with few parts missing ...lucky!!!

[Linked Image]

12 hp engine..and it turns !!!!

The plan now was to settle in to a winter restoration at its new home and as this is a Morgan Forum may not be of interest to Talk Morgan members....but...there was one unopened large box remaining!!!!

One box remaining to go through and investigate,,,

One box which will interest any owners of classic vehicles what ever marque they may be,,

One box that would subsequently lead to a very unexpected turn of events..

To be continued.... (3.48am Jon)

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 05:13 AM

3.48?

But it's 5.12 now???

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 06:23 AM

A box of dog biscuits? smile
Posted By: John07

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 08:15 AM

A BMW R1100 motor?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 09:30 AM

A freezer and some Covid vaccine ?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 09:32 AM

I think he has already had the vaccine & the micro chips in it are in control.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 12:54 PM

This will be your xmas present sorted out ..... lifesize 2cv made in chocolate!

[Linked Image]

xmascontent

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 01:09 PM

Kev does like chocolate. Too much for his own good.

That's what kicked off the "How many fingers" challenge

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 01:12 PM

So ....all the parts have been assessed and laid out in its new home and about 80% of the car is original with few parts missing ...lucky!!!

[Linked Image]

12 hp engine..and it turns !!!!

The plan now was to settle in to a winter restoration at its new home and as this is a Morgan Forum may not be of interest to Talk Morgan members....but...there was one unopened large box remaining!!!!

One box remaining to go through and investigate,,,

One box which will interest any owners of classic vehicles what ever marque they may be,,

One box that would subsequently lead to a very unexpected turn of events..

To be continued.... (3.48am Jon)

- " one box to rule them all....."

You have been reading too much Tolkien , Kev. santa2

James

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 01:26 PM

It'll be the FIA competition papers .... and the documentary proof it won the Monte Carlo Rally with Moss at the Wheel, Senna as navigator and Nikolai Tesla as head mechanic! .... but it was all hushed up smile

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Image
It'll be the FIA competition papers .... and the documentary proof it won the Monte Carlo Rally with Moss at the Wheel, Senna as navigator and Nikolai Tesla as head mechanic! .... but it was all hushed up smile
K

Well electric 2CV's are quiet grin2

Perhaps Kev's undertaking an EV conversion ?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 03:15 PM

I wonder if the timing of Kev's posts is a function of when his medication wears off?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 09/12/20 03:29 PM

It`s either a new home for the ferrets or the Christmas Curry & chips consignment. xmascheers
What did the snowman say? snowman15 "I can smell carrot."

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 04:57 AM

Morning...

In a previous episode...

There is one large box remaining..a box that contains the heart and soul of the 1954 Slough built Citroen 2CV...

Its the proof ,if proof be needed,that one of the reasons that a classic car of any marque is much more than the sum of all the parts...the history of the car and any information on previous owners is like gold.

This box was full of history...of somebodys pride and joy:

Among the many documents...the original Registration Document:

[Linked Image]

The original workshop manual was included:

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 05:03 AM

Every Tax disc was catalogued:

[Linked Image]

Page after page of running costings:

[Linked Image]

And one important item that would lead to a totally unexpected twist in the saga of the 2CV :

[Linked Image]

To be continued.....

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 05:16 AM

Nobody saw it coming Kev.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 05:16 AM

Dave ...go back to bed !!!!

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 05:17 AM

I waited up specially

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 05:20 AM

I know...I'm in the next room...

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 07:38 AM

With all that documentation hopefully Kev will be able to reclaim the registation number with DVLA.
Posted By: TBM

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 07:46 AM

Lovely little cars!

I used to work in the Theatre years ago - for a panto, we stripped one down, cut about a big section out the middle and welded it back together again. Remove all the ancillaries from the engine to lose at much weight as possible and installed a couple of lorry batteries. The electricians wired in some kind of electrickery and we could then drive it around the stage on the starter motor. First 2CV EV perhaps smile smile

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 08:56 AM

Well, that's better than a box of dog biscuits - unless you happen to be the dog! laugh2
Posted By: PaulyG

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 10/12/20 02:43 PM

I thought it would be a new set of golf clubs.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 04:43 AM

[Linked Image]

To be honest it was this picture that sent me off on the next part of the journey..I wanted to find out more about the owner if possible.

I posted detail of the car on a number of Citroen forums ..including chassis number,engine number and I received lots of information which confirmed build date,rarity and expected value.

All very interesting but it was when I posted the picture that I got an unexpected response....

One morning I fired up the computer and waiting in my inbox was a very interesting message which was the catalyst for a series of unexpected actions....

To be continued...
Posted By: Alan Patterson

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 07:55 AM

Nobody saw it coming Kev.

Nobody saw it at all. Still no pics here.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 08:53 AM

That's weird.

The latest pic is still there but all the others have disappeared and been replaced by question marks!!!!!

Only Kev's. All other posters pics are still there.

They were there yesterday.

Somebody does not want this story to be told

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 09:03 AM

Interesting, as I'm seeing them.

Just try clicking on the link below Alan:
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0035.jpg

It should take you to the image as hosted on TM-IMG
I wonder if this is a firewall issue?
Posted By: DaveK

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 09:13 AM

Kev

Please keep this story of cunning and deceit of dog biscuits going.........or am I getting mixed up?

And James...what's wrong with Austin Allegro? Way ahead of time. Make one today , same shape, call it 'nipinyourpants' and it would sell like hot potatoes!
Posted By: Luddite

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by IvorMog
That's weird.

The latest pic is still there but all the others have disappeared and been replaced by question marks!!!!!

Interesting, I posted a pic I took at Le Mans in the cars mostly thread, saw it appear there, and the next day it was gone...Hmm..?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Luddite
That's weird.

Interesting, I posted a pic I took at Le Mans in the cars mostly thread, saw it appear there, and the next day it was gone...Hmm..?

The lovely ladies are still there George..
Posted By: Luddite

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 10:43 AM

I guess I will just have to put it down to yet another example of my befuddlement.. doh Thanks Richard.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by DaveK
Kev

Please keep this story of cunning and deceit of dog biscuits going.........or am I getting mixed up?

And James...what's wrong with Austin Allegro? Way ahead of time. Make one today , same shape, call it 'nipinyourpants' and it would sell like hot potatoes!

actually Dave, you have sussed me out -

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

I quite like the Allegro and it's quartic steering wheel - maybe not in beige though..... snowgrin

James

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 12:23 PM

I guess I will just have to put it down to yet another example of my befuddlement.. doh Thanks Richard.

George, I'm not surprised they put you off your stroke doing the can can xmascontent

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 12:31 PM

That's weird.

When Kev`s finished the project I could drape across the bonnet posing with a string of onions.
ooo

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by PhilRoyle
That's weird.

When Kev`s finished the project I could drape across the bonnet posing with a string of onions.
ooo

That would be sure to make his eyes water...

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 12:38 PM

Yes, don't rub your eyes after touching Kev's 'onions' laugh2

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Graham, G4FUJ

Thanks Graham - that's the only one I can see . The rest are just a question mark. Are they not hosted on TM-IMG?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 01:49 PM

Alan, the other photos are viewable on my iphone 6S but not on the Windows 10 desktop if that means anything or helps.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Patterson

Thanks Graham - that's the only one I can see . The rest are just a question mark. Are they not hosted on TM-IMG?

Same here. I'm on Safari on MacBook Pro.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 02:35 PM

I see the later ones

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 02:38 PM

That's weird.

ooo

Don't forget the garlic too, Phil!! grin2

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 02:48 PM

Alan, the other photos are viewable on my iphone 6S but not on the Windows 10 desktop if that means anything or helps.

Thanks Rich. Nothing on my iPhone. I use Safari on a Mac desktop, but I've also tried Firefoxx and Google Chrome browsers - same result.
Maybe it's because the images are linked rather than embedded?
Oh well - I've wasted enough time trying.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 02:48 PM

Now we're getting a little closer. Yes Alan the photos are hosted on tm-img.
I'm running Windows 7 and viewing the site with Chrome browser. I've not tested with either of my Amazon tablets or my mobile (screen too small to read on that anyway!
I suspect those that can't see the pictures are running newer OS/browsers and need to set www.TM-IMG.com as safe site within the browser. You'll need to check the settings in your software smile
Posted By: Image Library

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 06:36 PM

I have absolutely no idea what may have happened but it appears that a number of images are symply not on the server. I supose it is possible that the service provider has had issues and some files have been lost. I have searched for the two images below and they are not on the server as far as I can see.

https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0030.jpg
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/08/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0025.jpg

The fact that the file name unusually contains the word "thumbnail" may be part of the story.
I will investigate further.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Image Library
I have absolutely no idea what may have happened but it appears that a number of images are symply not on the server. I supose it is possible that the service provider has had issues and some files have been lost. I have searched for the two images below and they are not on the server as far as I can see.

The fact that the file name unusually contains the word "thumbnail" may be part of the story.

I'll get them off the iphone later if I can this evening and put them on the library and post them on the young mans thread.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 08:43 PM

That's weird.

ooo

I cannot unsee the mental picture that this post conjures up. Medication is now required .....

Urgently.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 11:00 PM

This is not over by a long way.
Posted By: Ray

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 11/12/20 11:12 PM

That's weird.

ooo
. Is that a G string? quiet

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 07:08 AM

In a previous episode......

As I mentioned in what seems months ago (probably seems longer for you poor readers !!!) I had approached the Citroen community with details of the 54 2CV and received lots of useful information on UK built Citroens,the build date of my car and leads to obtain some missing rare parts.

Very helpful....a bit like Talk Morgan but with a whiff of garlic and onions.

Then I received two private messages..one from a Belgian collector wishing to buy the car as is for a large sum of euros...

The other message rather disarmed me and became the catalyst for a series of unexpected events....

It was a message from a gentleman who purported to know the original owner in the photograph...and was in fact his grandson !!!!!!

We exchanged a number of messages and he sent me the only photo he had of him in the car in 1961 when he was nine.

He expressed a wish to see the car but Covid 19 restrictions prevented that unfortunately

We then had a number of phone calls and he was clearly understandably very emotional about the discovery of his grandads car.

Then the request I was expecting...would I be prepared to sell the car to him as he saw it as part of his Family history ?

He offered to pay a sizeable profit on my buying price and for my time and efforts and he would restore it in memory of his grandad.

.I told him I would consider the offer and contact him in the next few days.

I had to decisions to make...I needed to listen to the Jesuits talking in my head and also talk it through with The Splinter Group: DaveW..accomplished ,published author and two Morgan owning wine expert,and SBM ex Police Officer,ex Morgan owner,ex lots of other things.

I had found and bought the project for Winter restoration,a different opposite driving experience to my Supersports,....but how special to find a car that what is important in your Family history ..special !!

To continue please subscribe to The Yorkshire Real Ale and Ferret Rescue Society ...

To be continued...

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Image Library

I looked for them on the server too, but couldn't find them. I can't fathom out, however, how some TM members can still see them.

I don't think "thumbnail" is the issue as the one I can see (https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0035.jpg) follows the same naming convention as those I can't see.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 08:50 AM

They have to be on the image server somewhere, as clicking on either of the links Peter has posted takes me to a photo...
Can you see this in my post Alan?
[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 08:59 AM

Yes I agree 'thumbnail' is a red herring. A few days ago I could see all the of the several pics Kev had posted of his project and linked to a couple of them. They were all dated 5th December. Most recently they have all seemingly dissappeared on the tm-img server except this one.

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 09:27 AM

They have to be on the image server somewhere, as clicking on either of the links Peter has posted takes me to a photo...
[Linked Image]

No. The mystery deepens again!!
Clicking on the two links Peter provided just gives me a 404 Not Found error message, as does yours when I copied the link..

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 09:51 AM

[Linked Image]

I can't see that pic Graham

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 10:05 AM

Now, I'm the first to admit to a penchant for thread drift .... but just as our hero has the grail in his grasp and has been forced to gather his wise men to grapple with the moral and philosophical dilemas thrown up by his acheivement ... it seems to be turning into an IT helpline smile

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 10:50 AM

Now, I'm the first to admit to a penchant for thread drift .... but just as our hero has the grail in his grasp and has been forced to gather his wise men to grapple with the moral and philosophical dilemas thrown up by his acheivement ... it seems to be turning into an IT helpline smile

Maybe so, but it's an issue that needs to be solved for the continued enjoyment of all those on TM.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 10:53 AM

Interesting.
Because I can see it in Alan's reply and in Dave's quote of Alan's reply!

One does try to help when things are going awry Keith! smile

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 11:00 AM

To further confuse or help, I can see your latest G and also the two from the OP from the ninth I think when the car body is suspended on yellowish strops, but only on the iphone the desktop is showing neither. I haven't got a clue why though unless they are in the cloud or something.
Posted By: Image Library

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 11:06 AM

K

I agree however before shutting down the IT helpline I will send a PM to Kev and ask him to send me the missing photos. I will then upload them to the server so that they appear in this thread.

For those interested the missing files are:
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0024.jpg
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0021.jpg
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0014.jpg
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/07/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0015.jpg
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0019.jpg
https://www.tm-img.com/images/2020/12/05/thumbnail_IMG-20201205-WA0028.jpg

There is no sign of them on the server. I have checked using my fttp client. Other files loaded on the same day and into the same directories are still there so I suspect that the ferrets have been dancing on Kev's keyboard while he was out for a walking the Whippet smile

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 11:48 AM

Very weird when I click on them I get error 404 not found.
I can see every bodies pics but Kev's.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 11:54 AM

Very weird when I click on them I get error 404 not found.
I can see every bodies pics but Kev's.

A sure sign of witchcraft!! ..... he needs to watch his step, they still have Witchfinders up there!!
smile

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 12:25 PM

Where is that nice Patel lady when you need here.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 12:39 PM

Where is that nice Patel lady when you need here.

Eating chocolate?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 12:48 PM

The story will improve from here.

Pics are not essential.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 02:08 PM

I`ve started to work on the film version of this. I thought of Kenneth Brannagh (Olivier and Geilgud no longer taking on acting commitments) to play the part of Kev with the squirrel from the Gruffalo to take the part of Kev`s facial fuzz.

Act 1 scene 1 enter Brannagh (+squirrel) " 2CV or not 2CV -- that is the question......."

Maybe the musical version to follow - "The Rocky Resto Show" I`ll contact a few luvvies to gauge the interest.call

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 12/12/20 05:47 PM

I`ve started to work on the film version of this. I thought of Kenneth Brannagh (Olivier and Geilgud no longer taking on acting commitments) to play the part of Kev with the squirrel from the Gruffalo to take the part of Kev`s facial fuzz.

Act 1 scene 1 enter Brannagh (+squirrel) " 2CV or not 2CV -- that is the question......."

Maybe the musical version to follow - "The Rocky Resto Show" I`ll contact a few luvvies to gauge the interest.call

rofl

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 06:14 AM

I have often considered the similarities of Sir Archibold David Stirling,founder of the SAS and Ignatious Loyola,founder of the The Society Of Jesus Order: The Jesuits....

Both men,though of course in different periods of history,had the vision and strength to create a brotherhood of elite men to combat the evil forces of the time.

One of the most memorable teachings of The Jesuits is the quote:"Teach us to give and not to count the cost" and it was this along with the wise words of Jake Thackery : " If in doubt..pull out" that finally ended my troublesome dilema...

I had decided that it was the right thing to do:..to release the 54 2CV to its rightful custodian,,the grandson of the original owner...after all he seemed like a decent chap and it was the moral course of action.

I made contact and laid out two conditions:

I would be given first refusal if the car ever came up for sale

I would not profit from the transaction and would only take my original purchase price plus shipping costs to its new home.

My only acceptable currency is good red wine and Cadburys chocolate !!!

Needless to say the grandson was overjoyed ,monies were transferred and I arranged transportation.....

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 06:16 AM

As soon as the car was delivered I received a call to say all was well and he was forever grateful for my decision to sell..

Two days later a courier turned up at my leaky shed in the Forest with a large box.....

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 06:19 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What a nice unexpected surprise from a very decent chap !!!!!!

only one thing...where was the Cadburys?....some people eh? !!!!

FIN

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 06:24 AM

Post Script.

This left me without a winter project so I was on the search for something suitable which I found in a field in deepest Southern France:

[Linked Image]

A 50 year old Citroen AK350 abandoned and not run for 8 year with rotten floors.!!!!

Briefly,for this will be of no interest on a Morgan Forum, I purchased the van and had it moved to UK

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 06:34 AM

A new battery,fresh fuel and new plugs,some Easy Start and it fired up and ran !!!!...after 8 years!!!!..zut alors !!!

So new floors,bit of fettling to electrics and brakes and it passed the MOT and was duly issued with a UK V5 and registration as an Historic Vehicle....Hurrah.

I am well on with its revival...conserving the patination of 50 years but rebuilding everything else..remarkably the original chassis is like new..preserved by a covering of Sahara Dust..sand blown in from the Sahara Region.

It is to be built as a replica of the Michelin Tyre Service trucks that followed the 1972 Citroen Raid event ..a race across the Sahara Desert of Citroen 2CV...this goes against the grain having worked for Goodyear Tyres for 35 years but it was Michelin that supported the race.

Even so the application of Michelin Decals ( see James BW..there is always room in the World for more decals.stickers !!!) was painfull !!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THE END

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 07:18 AM

Nice one Kev!
I hope the grandson of the first owner of the '54 car will take you out for a run in it once the restoration/rebuild is complete?
Very practical van - lots of room for hounds! smile

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 10:29 AM

Or wine & chocolate.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 10:38 AM

- nice job Kev. thumbs

Also, well done for doing the decent thing and releasing the original 2CV; must be some good Karma in the making there.... xmascheers

James

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 10:52 AM

Kev ..... "this will be of no interest on a Morgan forum" .... I think you may be somewhat premature old chap!! ..... in the right sub-forum there'll be plenty of interest ....there's a lot of love for the old 2CV here .... not least myself

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 11:19 AM

But three wheel nuts just doesn't seem right...........................

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 11:33 AM

In good company .... PCD Saxon .... what is probably one of the most revolutionary Hillclimb cars of its time (and ever) .... class designer chasing ultimate lightness .... specially designed wheel centres with only three wheel nuts being part of getting it down to an astounding 218 kg all up weight.

[Linked Image]

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 11:52 AM

Our local classic car restorer Mal, the one who helped me strip and re-spray my Land Rover, acquired a 2CV van last year for nothing. It had been abandoned in a nearby pub car park after breaking down, and after several weeks a salvage company was contacted. Mal heard about this and a deal made with the owner that if he could remove it before lunch the following day it was his.

A full strip, some minor welding and a re-wire ensued revealing an otherwise mechanically sound vehicle. As it was so good Mal was encouraged to spend extra time on it and a full re-spray ensued. Apparently the vans attract higher prices now than the cars.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 01:07 PM

Great to see you bought a "shed" xmascontent , you are going to have a lot of fun with that, I have a lot of love for the 2CV having done many miles in an Ami 8 with identical running gear.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 01:23 PM

C'est magnifique Kev, I hope it's on new Goodyears?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 02:25 PM

Or wine & chocolate.

Ah yes, didn't think of that! grin2

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 03:08 PM

I worked at Cadburys as a supplier for the Finger of Fudge & Curly Wurly line amongst others. I was put off chocolate for life.
Thank fully I never worked a vinyard

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 03:26 PM

I would never have guessed you liked a good finger of fudge, John. You've gone up in my eyes..

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 03:26 PM

It's the perfect match for Kev. Creaky, old, well past its best but loved by many.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 04:34 PM

In good company .... PCD Saxon .... what is probably one of the most revolutionary Hillclimb cars of its time (and ever) .... class designer chasing ultimate lightness .... specially designed wheel centres with only three wheel nuts being part of getting it down to an astounding 218 kg all up weight.

[Linked Image]

K

Amazing, if it's using a Suzuki engine then I think the whole donor bike weights in around 230kg. Almost looks as though there are no front brakes or very small rotors. Was it successful?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stringers Best Mate
I would never have guessed you liked a good finger of fudge, John. You've gone up in my eyes..

Now I am very afraid.

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 04:43 PM

David R ..... Extremely successful .... with the tuned motor, about 1000 bhp/ton .... it does have good front brakes .... held the Gurston 1100cc class record for years up til last season and regularly does sub 40 sec up Doune .... still a very competetive car. Regular paddock- neighbour of mine .... the pursuit of lightness and strength wasn't easy ... due to the carbon tub design it's an engine-out job to change the plugs smile

K

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 07:46 PM

thumbs

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 07:56 PM

It's the perfect match for Kev. Creaky, old, well past its best but loved by many.

rofl rofl
Posted By: Kevcaster

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 10:06 PM

This is the most interesting thread ever, I don’t want it to end ..........

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 13/12/20 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kevcaster
This is the most interesting thread ever, I don’t want it to end ..........

You think that's it?😂

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 14/12/20 03:51 PM

I saw a similar Citroen van to this - it belonged to a pub near Canterbury - it was called "Van Blanc".
I`m now having to rethink the film aspect - possibly going for a musical. I think I`ll approach Van-gelis to do the soundtrack.
Thinks, who to play Kev confused2 is Dick Van Dyke still alive? (Now there`s a name that is a contradiction in terms!)
Working titles "Van Kev`s Express.", "Van Flew Over the Cuckoo`s Nest" or with a horror theme "Van Helsing - Rust in Pieces". goodnight

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 14/12/20 06:32 PM

A bit of moonlighting over the Christmas period ?

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 14/12/20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Stringers Best Mate

Now I am very afraid.

We should all be very afraid.... for a number of reasons....
Posted By: Mick Annick

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 30/12/20 05:47 PM

A new battery,fresh fuel and new plugs,some Easy Start and it fired up and ran !!!!...after 8 years!!!!..zut alors !!!

So new floors,bit of fettling to electrics and brakes and it passed the MOT and was duly issued with a UK V5 and registration as an Historic Vehicle....Hurrah.

I am well on with its revival...conserving the patination of 50 years but rebuilding everything else..remarkably the original chassis is like new..preserved by a covering of Sahara Dust..sand blown in from the Sahara Region.

It is to be built as a replica of the Michelin Tyre Service trucks that followed the 1972 Citroen Raid event ..a race across the Sahara Desert of Citroen 2CV...this goes against the grain having worked for Goodyear Tyres for 35 years but it was Michelin that supported the race.

Even so the application of Michelin Decals ( see James BW..there is always room in the World for more decals.stickers !!!) was painfull !!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THE END

Love it - if you don’t mind me asking how did you find it? Do you have a contact here or do you trawl Leboncoin?

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 30/12/20 11:40 PM

You'll just have to knock up a trailer now and get a Solex at least !!!

[Linked Image]

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 31/12/20 04:31 AM

I always think Of Mr Bean's Holiday with those bikes..!

Cool set up..!

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 31/12/20 07:31 AM

I think of Jaques Tati with those bikes..

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 31/12/20 07:33 AM

My Citroen van is 50 years old today !!!!!

Happy Birthday Fourre-Tout !!! (translates to "holdall" or "Ragbag" )

Re: A WINTERS TALE......... - 31/12/20 07:37 AM

Mick Annick..pm sent..check your messages
© 2021 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News