Talk Morgan

Group runs out.

Posted By: Hawki

Group runs out. - 09/07/20 12:28 PM

Are many people around the country going on group runs? I appreciate that there are different rules in other places but I’m interested to know how widespread group activities are these days? I know Clubs are not running many official events at the moment possibly due to ensuring compliance and managing numbers within the rules.

In the east Of England we have grown steadily over the last weeks with the great escape club. It started with just JohnV6 and I and then joined by Mad max slowly growing to the 6 which is the max allowed. This was done by contacts on Talk Morgan with either us inviting people or people asking to join. John set up a group private message that we now use to plan our weekly run out and manage numbers.

If your not going on runs why not give it a try in your area? We all really enjoy a social meeting and a run out.
Posted By: Ian Wegg

Re: Group runs out. - 09/07/20 01:00 PM

I'm on a run this weekend organised by the Goodwood Road Racing Club. 101 miles around Hants and West Sussex.

Re: Group runs out. - 09/07/20 01:11 PM

Excellent Ian. Good to hear of more happening. Is it a regular run?
Posted By: Ian Wegg

Re: Group runs out. - 09/07/20 01:45 PM

They run 3 or 4 a year in various parts of the country. This one was postponed from April.

Re: Group runs out. - 09/07/20 03:02 PM

Thanks. I just looked on the good wood road racing club site and can’t see the runs. Any chance you could send a link please?
Posted By: sospan

Re: Group runs out. - 09/07/20 04:43 PM

We have just had the 5 mile limit removed here in Wales. Picnic runs seem a good start but avoiding the obvious tourist hot spots. Luckily there are many options in Wales if you know where to go.....
happy3
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: Group runs out. - 09/07/20 05:16 PM

Another mini group picnic run next Wednesday over here in Glos, / W. Mids. smile
We've had a few over the last month or so.
Enjoyed yesterday's trip, but after 9 hours over two sessions in the MINI I felt rather stiff earlier!

Re: Group runs out. - 09/07/20 09:42 PM

You had a long trip on wed. Good to meet you.
Posted By: lowebird

Re: Group runs out. - 10/07/20 02:30 PM

We have been on a number of pic-nic runs which have been a great help in lifting spirits. We have managed to find some quiet places where we can sit around at a safe distance and put the world to rights.

Re: Group runs out. - 10/07/20 03:39 PM

Just had a small, socially distanced gathering of tour guides at the southern end (nearly) of the Malvern Hills. smile

Re: Group runs out. - 10/07/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by lowebird
We have been on a number of pic-nic runs which have been a great help in lifting spirits. We have managed to find some quiet places where we can sit around at a safe distance and put the world to rights.

Are you in Folkmog? Good to hear of more runs in the area
Posted By: lowebird

Re: Group runs out. - 13/07/20 09:02 AM

Hawki, No not as present as I have now sold my 3rd Morgan in favour of Jaguar power. We have a few groups of disparate owners with whom we meet up and venture into the hidden depths of Suffolk and Norfolk where we manage to find some really nice quite areas where we can have a safe pic-nic without affecting ( or indeed infecting ) anyone. For obvious reasons we keep these locations a closely guarded secret.

Re: Group runs out. - 13/07/20 11:10 AM

I was admiring a XK Yesterday. Jaguar make some very nice cars. I have always been put off by potentially expensive repairs but maybe I have it out of proportion.w

Re: Group runs out. - 15/07/20 02:03 PM

Small group gathering today at Broadway Tower. While we were sitting out on top of the slope this other group of cars arrived.
[Linked Image]

The nearest of them is an Alvis 21. One of our number was in his element, as an Alvis owner and he also works part time at Red Triangle - Alvis spares and rebuilds.. They also sell Alvis cars: https://www.redtriangle.co.uk/

If you click on the cars for sale (any of the photos) you will see Ian doing his piece to camera. smile
Posted By: John V6

Re: Group runs out. - 15/07/20 03:06 PM

A lovely spot to stop Graham. The Red Triangle has some great looking cars.

We missed you. I had to eat the bacon buttie for you today & Madmax volunteered to have the second ice cream, we are all heart here in the East.
We had a nice run out also to a pub for an outside lunch near Beccles via the bacon buttie cafe and the ice cream shop. Pictures are in the have you driven your Morgan today thread.

Posted By: Luddite

Re: Group runs out. - 15/07/20 04:04 PM

Nice pic of your day out Graham, thanks for posting. The Red Triangle vid was a great watch and nice to see at least one youngster involved in learning old style skills, wonderful.
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Group runs out. - 15/07/20 04:16 PM

Great shot of some lovely cars thanks Graham.
Posted By: Spanner Juggler

Re: Group runs out. - 18/07/20 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Graham, G4FUJ
Small group gathering today at Broadway Tower. While we were sitting out on top of the slope this other group of cars arrived.
[Linked Image]

The nearest of them is an Alvis 21. One of our number was in his element, as an Alvis owner and he also works part time at Red Triangle - Alvis spares and rebuilds.. They also sell Alvis cars: https://www.redtriangle.co.uk/

If you click on the cars for sale (any of the photos) you will see Ian doing his piece to camera. smile

Hi Graham

Your timing is perfect you have us all looking very furtive....
rofl

Cracking day
Colin

Re: Group runs out. - 21/07/20 01:23 PM

Yes it was a good day, despite the shower.
Just trying to catch the Morgan line-up with the classics in the background before you all departed smile
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News