Talk Morgan

Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos)

Posted By: Simon

Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos) - 29/03/07 12:02 PM

The photographic build record of Aero 8 - Series 3 - Car #419

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/nomis_uk/Morgan%20Aero%208%20Build%20Record/23.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/nomis_uk/Morgan%20Aero%208%20Build%20Record/24.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/nomis_uk/Morgan%20Aero%208%20Build%20Record/25.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/nomis_uk/Morgan%20Aero%208%20Build%20Record/26-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/nomis_uk/Morgan%20Aero%208%20Build%20Record/26-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/nomis_uk/Morgan%20Aero%208%20Build%20Record/26.jpg[/img]
Posted By: chris

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos) - 29/03/07 12:14 PM

Really interesting - thanks for that.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos) - 29/03/07 01:27 PM

Simon, assuming that's your car, what's with the single rear pipes? Are the other two of the sports exhaust dummy ones?

Ben

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 29/03/07 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By Ben
Simon, assuming that's your car, what's with the single rear pipes? Are the other two of the sports exhaust dummy ones?

Ben

No, you'll notice the stereo and rear-view mirror also aren't mine.

All three are OEM and thus had to be fitted when the car was built to test it - they were then removed and the sports exhaust, rear-view and proper stereo were fitted before delivery.
Posted By: Boshly

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos) - 29/03/07 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By Ben

Ben

Aaahhhh thats why its so quiet wink

BtG
Posted By: Boshly

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos) - 29/03/07 04:22 PM

Was very interesting Simon, would love to have a record of mine like that, instead all I've got is a picture of Colin Goodwin driving it sideways in EVO laugh

BtG

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos) - 30/03/07 06:44 AM

Thank you, Simon. Very interesting. Did you receive digital pictures from Malvern? Unfortunately I received paper pictures only sticking in a photo-album. Therefore it was very difficult to scan them.

Roderich
Posted By: Michael

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photos) - 30/03/07 07:02 AM

Hi Roderich
I have a paper photo book but I managed to dismantle it and scan onto my pc, works well on screen as you can see.

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 30/03/07 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By RS44
Thank you, Simon. Very interesting. Did you receive digital pictures from Malvern? Unfortunately I received paper pictures only sticking in a photo-album. Therefore it was very difficult to scan them.

Roderich

When my car was ordered, I asked for both a Photographic record and a if it was possible to get a copy of the build on CD-Rom. I received my leather bound book but not the CD. After speaking with my dealer about my request for a digital record, they were able to get a copy of the CD from MMC.

I'd ask the question, either directly to the factory or through your dealer. But I would imagine they still have your pictures on file.

Cheers

Simon smile

Posted By: Nick_H

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 30/03/07 09:43 AM

great to see the Aero being built from the ground up cheers

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 30/03/07 11:41 AM

Good idea, thanks.

Roderich

I tried to scan my pictures and sent them to you. Of course, quality will be a little low.
Posted By: Viper

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 30/03/07 01:53 PM

Thanks for that Simon...Very interesting. Didn't realise they had that much wood.

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 31/03/07 07:23 AM

Great photos smile
Posted By: Aeroman

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 03/04/07 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By Viper
Thanks for that Simon...Very interesting. Didn't realise they had that much wood.

I think that you'll find that the Series I had more wood, especially around the boot area of the car. The Series II had even more wood in this area, as part of being Federalised was that it had to have more rear crumple-effect and this was done by additional carpentry! coffee

In the Series III this has been replaced by aluminium sections and thus, the car is literally moving away from its roots ('scuse the pun!). smile

When I am back in the UK I'll see if I can scan the build-record of my Series I for your info, or maybe another member can post an appropriate photo in the meantime. It would be interesting to have pictures of the three different chassis' on the site under this thread.

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 06/09/07 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By Aeroman
When I am back in the UK I'll see if I can scan the build-record of my Series I for your info, or maybe another member can post an appropriate photo in the meantime. It would be interesting to have pictures of the three different chassis' on the site under this thread.

Brian, you should see if you can dig these out on your return - would be very interesting coffee

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 06/09/07 06:46 PM

Will do Simon. flag
Posted By: SpeedMog

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 07/09/07 07:03 AM

Scanned this from my photo build record if it helps flag

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 07/09/07 07:06 AM

Nice one Phil! smile And to compare: -

No wonder the S1s are lighter and thus faster somestick tongue2 grin2

Re: Morgan Aero 8 Photographic Build Record (photo - 07/09/07 02:48 PM