Talk Morgan

Time to say goodbye to my Aero

Posted By: Michael

Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 05/07/19 08:59 AM

After a great deal of procrastination I have finally decided to sell my Aero S4, she is such a special car with her unique colour combo and should be out at shows etc for people to enjoy and I no longer have the time.
I will miss her and the friends I have made through owning her but next week she will be going up for sale😢

Michael
Posted By: James B W

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 05/07/19 10:36 AM

sorry to hear this Michael - but I know you will have plenty of other 'toys' to play with!

I hope you will stay in touch via TM.....

James
Posted By: asbojohn

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 05/07/19 10:48 AM

Michael

You did this before and ended up buying another. Do I need to drop you a line if I decide to sell mine?

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 06/07/19 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by asbojohn
Michael

You did this before and ended up buying another. Do I need to drop you a line if I decide to sell mine?

My wife would say Yes as she thinks I am mad to sell the Aero 😀
Posted By: Gambalunga

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 06/07/19 12:35 PM

Just put a really high price on it and it will be veeeerrry slow to sell smile
Posted By: Peter J

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 06/07/19 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Michael
Michael

Perhaps an opportunity to show that you do listen and let her "convince" you to keep it.
Posted By: Shooter

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 06/07/19 05:23 PM

It's probably the best time to put an aero on the market given the lack of cars around for sale and the wait on Plus 6's. I've got my S5 up for sale along with my Lancia Flavia convertible. I've decided 2 Aero's and 2 60's Lancia convertibles is too many :-) Plus I've just got a new Tesla and an old Vanquish so starting to run out of space
Posted By: NickCW

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 07/07/19 06:36 PM

Sorry to hear your thinking of selling Mike, it's a lovely car!
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/07/19 03:42 PM

You can't sell it Michael - I occasionally mention the paint during factory tours! grin2
Posted By: pandy

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/07/19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Graham, G4FUJ
You can't sell it Michael - I occasionally mention the paint during factory tours! grin2

Well, that's sorted then. laugh2

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 09/07/19 06:12 AM

Decision is made as hard as it was and now to find the right person to cherish her😢

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 17/07/19 08:32 AM

Well if anyone fancies a very Unique S4 Aero 8 then my car is now with London Morgan being prepared for sale.
She is a very special car Outrageous Gold and a real show stopper, being a six speed tiptronic auto she is very smooth and super quick with the larger 4.8 bmw V8.
Sad looking at the space in my workshop 😢

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 17/07/19 09:52 AM

ooo

- but good luck with the sale..... thumbs

James

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 07/10/19 05:19 PM

Aero back home, aborted attempted dealer sale and will now ponder what to do with her.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 07/10/19 06:55 PM

Maybe the solution is to earn yourself some brownie points by listening to swmbo
Posted By: Dean-Royal

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 07/10/19 09:53 PM

Aero back home, aborted attempted dealer sale and will now ponder what to do with her.

Why you not simply advertising it here ?

Show us the Motor
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 07/10/19 10:17 PM

This is the car as it appeared in the TM for sale section via a link to London Morgan S4

That is one smooth cockpit thumbs
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/10/19 08:03 AM

Fab interior, but the marmite paintwork will make it difficult to shift
Posted By: Hamwich

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/10/19 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by CooperMan

Agreed. I wonder if it would sell easier if it was wrapped first in a more appealing finish?

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/10/19 10:11 AM

Unfortunately with the market having a downturn (and dare I mention Brexit) it isn't the best time to sell it seems. I have watched a lot of prestige cars not shifting so it might be worth trying again in the spring when the weather picks up, hopefully we have some better news with the politics (now that is wishful thinking!) and people will be more likely to purchase more unusual vehicles.

On the plus side it will give you something nice to look at over winter..
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/10/19 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hamwich
Originally Posted by CooperMan

Agreed. I wonder if it would sell easier if it was wrapped first in a more appealing finish?

That's a good idea, does a wrap protect the original paintwork ? I have no knowledge of it.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/10/19 01:50 PM

Hi Guys
This may come as a Shock but I Love the colour of my Aero, I have owned two, one was Outrageous Green and this one in Outrageous Gold.
It is a fantastic show car and as Aero’s are marmite cars a marmite colour works
This is the Only factory produced Aero in Outrageous Gold and with the matching stitching is a unique Aero so love it or hate it you won’t see another like it, unlike most other Aero’s which most have twins or worse smile
If it sells then fine, if it doesn’t then so be it and my wife will be 😃

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 08/10/19 02:59 PM

Hi Guys
This may come as a Shock but I Love the colour of my Aero, I have owned two, one was Outrageous Green and this one in Outrageous Gold.
It is a fantastic show car and as Aero’s are marmite cars a marmite colour works
This is the Only factory produced Aero in Outrageous Gold and with the matching stitching is a unique Aero so love it or hate it you won’t see another like it, unlike most other Aero’s which most have twins or worse smile

- hear, hear notworthy

Quite right too Michael (p.s. I like marmite too thumbs)

James

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 09/10/19 06:18 AM

I'm more into Vegemite, however, I think the colour is stunning.
I remember being with a small group of TM'ers on a tour when John presented his colour choice to the guys in Final Paint grin2
Just keep it Michael - it's a beaut car! thumbs

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 09/10/19 06:45 AM

Thanks Graham, you are on the same page as my wife, she wants me to keep her, as she keeps telling me my Aero is one of one and not one of many. 🤔

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 09/10/19 10:50 AM

Hi Guys

Much the same as my Aero Plus 8. The colour is very much "Marmite"... it even looks like marmite!
Built as a factory demonstrated for the 2014 year, there are only bout 100 Aero Plus 8s in the country and no other Plus 8 was painted in the same colour. So, like my wife, it is rather special and unique.

Caroline will not let me even talk about selling the car. Se would, if push came to shove, keep the car rather than me, I feel!

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 06:35 AM

Well I had a great drive yesterday in the sunshine around Malvern and am starting to reconsider my decision to sell and just may decide to keep the most unique car I have owned a while longer 🤔🤔🤔

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 07:13 AM

Michael,

keep the car... you know you really want to.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 08:29 AM

Well I had a great drive yesterday in the sunshine around Malvern and am starting to reconsider my decision to sell and just may decide to keep the most unique car I have owned a while longer 🤔🤔🤔

- yay!!

sunny day and a great car - unbeatable thumbs

James

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 08:35 AM

cheers
Posted By: Alistair

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 03:37 PM

Well the good lady gave you a pass on it.
There is little that can really compare short of a really well prepared classic.
I keep finding myself looking at Alfa’s.

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=24683&country=uk

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 03:38 PM

But I have said that three years now and still have the little monsters.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Alistair
There is little that can really compare short of a really well prepared classic.

Very nice, but it is still an old car and only of use for posing/showing.
Face it, the S2 and Coupe give you everything you could want from a modern car with some of the irritations of a classic.
Most importantly they make everyone happy and generate no ill will.

Bite the bullet, spend what has to be spent and enjoy the car.

Or buy something refined, stylish, quick and convenient..

Like this...

https://preowned.bentleymotors.com/...-gt-v8-s-convertible/gt-v8-s-mds-hkb6mb3 exting
Posted By: tmg513

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Peter J

It's a year younger than my car in which I've visited over 20 countries. Where have you been to in yours?
Posted By: twotribes

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by tmg513
Originally Posted by Peter J

It's a year younger than my car in which I've visited over 20 countries. Where have you been to in yours?

Young or old is a matter of perspective.

However.... a paddle clutch, lightened flywheel and the (no doubt lumpy) cams and twin 45s necessary to give those impressive output numbers would be great on a track. For touring I wouldn't last a day without tiring of all the dancing on the pedals necessary to get it to drive smoothly. I've trodden that path before (spending good money just to prove good track cars make frustrating road cars).

Looks beautiful mind.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 23/10/19 08:04 PM

It might be old but the rebuild looks preeeeety good. Its about as practical as the Coupe and my guess is a lot less troublesome than a certain shiny car is.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 01/11/19 11:51 AM

Well my Aero is still putting a smile on my face.
I took her for another run around Malvern yesterday, it is going to be hard to part with her now she is back and my wife is probably right that I will regret it.
Unfortunately I now have too much work to do outside to spend any real time driving my weekend cars and my Jag is less likely to attract a driving penalty than my Aero, so at some point she will go back up for sale.
frown Michael

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 09/11/19 06:21 PM

Well my Aero has now found a new loving home and Yes they Do like the colours, no boring standard silver / blue / grey / black etc
An Aero a lot of people will look back on and remember when they had the chance to buy this unique Aero at sensible money but didn’t, I will remember the same but regret selling it, how stupid am I 🤔

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 09/11/19 06:22 PM

Anyone know where i can get a set of Headrests for a Georgeous coloured Aero 8 ?
Posted By: bmgermany

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 09/11/19 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dean-Royal
Anyone know where i can get a set of Headrests for a Georgeous coloured Aero 8 ?

Congratulation!

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 12:12 AM

- well done that man thumbs

James

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 07:59 AM

Congrats Dean!
Posted By: deano

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 08:56 AM

Congrats Dean!

+1

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 09:26 AM

Dean, you have got yourself one hell of a car at the right money and you and Shell are the Right people to take over the care of such a special car.
Keep and Enjoy until like me you are too old to get in and out of it then pass it to your son 👍🏻😄
Michael

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 09:34 AM

Nice work Dean !! thumbs

You do have a track record when it comes to Morgans with bold color schemes. sunny

I hope you have loads of fun in the new motor. woohoo

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 11:23 AM

Excellent call Dean.
Posted By: KEVFITZ

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 04:15 PM

Love the colour Dean...and I know it was supplied with enough paint for a full respray from new but if you ever need more paint...you are the man !!!

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 05:15 PM

Congrats Dean!

Popped in to the Factory when we picked her up Graham, walked in the canteen door and you were off to the little boys room so missed a hand shake, didnt want one when you came back out, so scarpped quick....a chat with SM then off back to the hotel.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 05:18 PM

thumbs

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 06:25 PM

Shell insisted we had a ride out in the aero today as the weather looks to deteriorate further after the weekend, so a Drive to Tynemouth
quayside.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

but i must tell you a little story which is surreal, yesterday before leaving the Hotel to travel to the N.E.C, i asked Shell to look
inside the Wardrobe for an Iron to press my clothes........and she only went and found this little toy Car sitting inside, how is that
for an omen, not really visible but the colour and the twist in the pearl is very similar to the real thing...............it was meant to be.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gordon D

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 08:43 PM

Stunning, Absolutely stunning ! Don't know what else to say other than a lot more photos when the sun shines next year please.
Can only imagine how great it looks in the flesh!!!

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/11/19 09:37 PM

I'm going to miss seeing that car around Malvern...
Posted By: KEVFITZ

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 08:34 AM

Ha Ha Dean...my son who lives in Newcastle was on a bike ride to Tynemouth with his mates and reported to me seeing a "liquid gold" Morgan in the area !!!!

No hiding place !!

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by KEVFITZ
Ha Ha Dean...my son who lives in Newcastle was on a bike ride to Tynemouth with his mates and reported to me seeing a "liquid gold" Morgan in the area !!!!

No hiding place !!

It certainly will be seen, i use my cars all year round as long as there is no snow or ice
No garage queens in our house.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 12:03 PM

Dean

- gorgeous car ; I know it from when Michael owned it thumbs

if you are ever near/passing thro' Gosforth, give me shout,I'd love to see it again.......

James

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 12:33 PM

Gorgeous car, enjoy and be sure to post some pictures in the sun!

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by James B W
Dean

if you are ever near/passing thro' Gosforth, give me shout,I'd love to see it again.......

James

James you might see it near, we have a business in Westerhope, I am sure at some point it will be around there. thumbs

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dean-Royal
Originally Posted by James B W
Dean

James

James you might see it near, we have a business in Westerhope, I am sure at some point it will be around there. thumbs

- excellent; will look out for it...... woohoo

James
Posted By: asbojohn

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 05:06 PM

I had a text from Brian telling me you'd bought the car.

Well done and make sure you look after that unique work of art.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 11/11/19 05:42 PM

I had a text from Brian telling me you'd bought the car.

Well done and make sure you look after that unique work of art.

Ye he did compliment me ( something about a Baboon's bum)

How insulting, i was tempted to kick his SP1 laugh2

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 12/11/19 05:43 PM

adding a coat of 3M Hand Glaze

3M Hand Glaze provides a deep finish that restores the OEM appearance of a vehicle.
Its professional-quality formula creates a 'show car shine' without the use of any wax or silicone.
A gloss-optimized formula enhances the brilliance of the shine. This formula is both paint shop and clear coat safe.

[Linked Image]

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 15/11/19 06:43 PM

Any Aero owners give me an idea what pressure in the Tyres you are running at, i seem to recall i ran the Aeromax 22psi

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 15/11/19 06:54 PM

I run Tarka at 22 all round.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 17/11/19 08:14 PM

I thought 25 was the recommended rate. Will have to check again

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 17/11/19 08:17 PM

The Aero Plus 8 is a bit lighter than S4/Coupe. I run 24 in the S2 and 24/25 in the Coupe.
Posted By: deano

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 17/11/19 09:14 PM

I run my plus 8 at 22 all round as well.

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 19/11/19 12:32 PM

Just checked the handbooks. The GTN tyre pressure are listed as 24 psi and the Series 5 as 25 psi.
Posted By: B3MOG

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 19/11/19 03:14 PM

have they gone from 24psi to 25psi because of inflation?

David Byrne

Re: Time to say goodbye to my Aero - 10/12/19 09:37 AM

Night Time

[Linked Image]

Bed Time

[Linked Image]
© 2019 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News