Talk Morgan

Factory Tour

Posted By: DalesPlusFour

Factory Tour - 04/07/22 05:19 PM

Was very pleased to be able to tour the factory today after last week's shut-down. It was my first tour at Malvern and it was fantastic. Such a special place and such a lovely time. I was so struck by how human and artistic the whole process was. And the charming little cars Morgan build make so much more sense having seen the charming place they come from. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Some picture for those of you so inclined.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Factory Tour - 04/07/22 05:20 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Clipper

Re: Factory Tour - 04/07/22 07:04 PM

Yes, thats how the love affair starts, often followed by marriage, then the nagging and sometimes the acrimony follows, but marriage has its ups and downs.

Some relationships end in divorce but some put up with the faults and foibles and stick with it.

Some have affairs or mistresses (Lotus/Porsche)

But when it’s good it’s great, so for better or for worse, good times and bad, sickness and health and all that.

Amen
Posted By: Heinz

Re: Factory Tour - 04/07/22 07:14 PM

That sounds very wise and experienced in life, Clipper. Does this also apply to people, especially women, partners?
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: Factory Tour - 04/07/22 09:33 PM

Nice photos, thanks for sharing thumbs
Posted By: +8Rich

Re: Factory Tour - 04/07/22 09:36 PM

Thanks for sharing, I love that blue CX in build, Plus Six I think.

You must have been full of anticipation after the visit thumbs
Posted By: 1560

Re: Factory Tour - 05/07/22 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by CooperMan
Nice photos, thanks for sharing thumbs

absolutely, we really enjoyed them
Posted By: Graham, G4FUJ

Re: Factory Tour - 05/07/22 07:43 AM

Ha, i should have put 2 and 2 together - I think you were on my tour!
Great set of photos (from a fellow Leica user smile ).

Re: Factory Tour - 05/07/22 09:17 AM

Yes, it was a lovely PlusSix.

It's so interesting to see all the cars going through and just how different they all are. I know that the whole idea is each car is made for its owner, but it's really striking just how varied the builds are!

Re: Factory Tour - 05/07/22 09:19 AM

Oh now I'm sorry we didn't get more of a chance to talk! You did a fantastic job on the tour and really enjoyed your humour! I'll have to let you know when my build starts as I sadly won't be able to make it out again this Summer I don't think. Hopefully will be back in the Autumn with my wife who would really like to go on the tour too. We'll have to talk camera's then as well!

Re: Factory Tour - 05/07/22 09:20 AM

Thanks, but I think some credit goes to the cars and site; it's such a photogenic factory!

Re: Factory Tour - 05/07/22 09:24 AM

As for the anticipation, I'm not sure the visit was a good idea! I was excited before, but I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to focus on anything else now! I'm just sorry I can't be there to see mine in build. It must be so special for those who do make it out during assembly!
Posted By: Luddite

Re: Factory Tour - 05/07/22 09:27 AM

Thanks for sharing the images you created during your visit to the MMC DPF... thumbs

Re: Factory Tour - 06/07/22 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by DalesPlusFour
Oh now I'm sorry we didn't get more of a chance to talk! You did a fantastic job on the tour and really enjoyed your humour! I'll have to let you know when my build starts as I sadly won't be able to make it out again this Summer I don't think. Hopefully will be back in the Autumn with my wife who would really like to go on the tour too. We'll have to talk camera's then as well!

Thanks!
So you won't be stamping a louvre into one of your bonnets smile
Provided I'm booked for tours the next time you visit I'll make sure we get the chance for a chat. thumbs

Re: Factory Tour - 06/07/22 06:31 AM

I’d love to have a hand in ventilating the engine bay, but we’re off to Canada for a couple weeks now and then up in Yorkshire for the summer, so unless the build gets pushed back into September I don’t think I’ll make it down. But next time I am out I’ll let you know and it would be lovely to chat!
Posted By: DWil23

Re: Factory Tour - 06/07/22 10:27 AM

@DalesPlusFour - great photos again - think you said previously it was a hobby of yours. You can tell. I am still appreciating the pics of the loan car (allligator green) you had from London as its the colour I had just ordered!

Do you have a delivery date for your PlusFour?

Ps. Not sure whether you have seen it but I came across a Porsche Oak Green Plus4 at KrazyHorse … https://krazyhorse.co.uk/products/morgan-plus-4-2-0-twin-cam-16v-rover-ti-porsche-oak-green. Maybe that was your inspiration for your colour choice???

Re: Factory Tour - 06/07/22 02:49 PM

Safe travels and enjoy the summer hols thumbs

Re: Factory Tour - 08/07/22 02:30 PM

I saw this just a couple days ago. Really gratifying to find that I love it. I knew I liked the colour and have seen in on a number of Porsches, and there is a new GTR that I saw on instagram that is in the Oak Green Metallic as well, but this is the first one I've seen on a plus four. It did make me question having chosen the brown leather over the Tan, but I think I've made the right call there. A very similar car otherwise: Silver wire wheels, wheel on back with luggage rack, black hood. Great looking car I think!
© 2022 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News