Talk Morgan

Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag

Posted By: Redfate

Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 01:14 PM

Hi,
I have bought an Emovis Tag to help speed our way through the French Toll Booths for our trip to St Tropez next month.
I know some of you have used these before and wondered how you got on with them.
The tag is designed to stick on the shaded area of the windscreen behind the rear view mirror for cars with Metallic / Athermic windscreen and heated windscreens But my 4/4 doesn't have this shaded area?
I have looked closely at the screen and the heated filaments inside the screen covers this whole area! Am I going to have a problem with this?
It seems that the Transponder may not be able to "see through" the heated filament and make contact with the tag?
Has anyone had this problem?
Emovis advice is if it doesn't work then I have to remove it and hold it out of the window once I've arrived at the Toll Booth? That doesn't sound like it would be very quick crazy2
I have planned the route across to be 2/3 country lanes and 1/3 motorway to get across in a reasonable time.
Posted By: Stephen888

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 01:53 PM

I have used my TAG in both my +8 and Merc. On the 1980 +8 which is just clear glass it's positioned alongside the rear view mirror. On the 2016 4x4 Merc GLE43 its positioned adjacent to the central mirror console below the shaded area. On circa 10 cross European journeys in both cars I have only had a problem once (Merc) and I did as suggested wave it out the window. Do approach the barrier as requested at slow speed. Enjoy the drive.
Posted By: Wirewheel

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 02:00 PM

Paul, my 2011 Plus 4 has the heated screen. The Emovis Tag works at the top of the windscreen behind the mirror. Drive up relatively slowly and steadily to the barrier and then you are through.
Posted By: Max5

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 03:29 PM

+1
I have used mine on several Morgans and never had a problem.
Posted By: Felix42

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 04:41 PM

I keep mine in swmbo's hand stuck out of the passenger window.
Posted By: Neilda

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 04:43 PM

I didn't have any luck with mine through the heated screen - so it was a case of waving it slowly about as I approached. Which worked fine. I kept it in the door pocket.
Posted By: CBY

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 05:35 PM

No problem with heated screen. But you can choose to hold it by hand with the fixing slot forward. Left row with 30 km/h sign
allows to don't stop.

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 07:23 PM

Thanks guys, sounds like it'll be ok then unless I'm really unlucky
:-)
Posted By: Paul F

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 07:30 PM

Ours is just behind the rear view mirror - we have a heated screen. Just drive slowly until you hear the beep.
Posted By: Malcolm Hoar

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 08:27 PM

I've used my tag on 3 Morgans one was a 4/4 sport like yours, all have had heated screens and I have had no issues on any.
Posted By: VinMogger

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 31/03/19 10:19 PM

I always use my tag by (me or Ann) holding it up as we approach the barrier. Keep the bar code side pointing forwards so you just see the black side. This ensures that you do not accidentally leave it attached to the clip on your windscreen when you stop for a coffee or parking.

I don't even leave it attached to the screen on the tin top it only requires a hammer to get it!

When off the motorway it gets securely stored in The Librands foot locker (another brilliant invention!).

And back to the PĂ©age tage - if any of you are travelling on your own in a RHD car it is almost essential.

Quentin
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 01/04/19 03:11 PM

Mine's located right at the base of the 'screen near the ex tax disc, never had any scanning issues.

BTW, don't forget an emissions sticker this year, as the low emissions zones have been increased to cover more towns & cities than just Paris

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 01/04/19 05:23 PM

Hi, yes thank you, I have got my Crit-air sticker, it came really quickly too shades
Int'l driving license sorted too.
I'm just waiting on Gott and Wynn to decide if they are going to issue a Green Card or not, it's all up in the air waiting on Brexit dates cuckoo
Posted By: Burgundymog

Re: Positioning of Emovis Telepage tag - 03/04/19 06:22 PM

My tag (heated screen) is fitted top left no problem.
© 2020 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News