Talk Morgan

Squeaky doors with side screens

Posted By: Rog

Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 09:33 AM

I have failed miserably to stop my doors squeaking when the side screens are fitted. Can anybody recommend a fix? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Tresco

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 10:24 AM

I wish I knew as well, have tried bending the rear stay as the screens were so tight against the body that they have printed the material in to the paintwork. This did help a bit with the squeaks but they are still there.
Posted By: TBM

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 10:31 AM

Things I've done:

Neoprene tape on bottom edges of door tops (where they meet the door = seals gaps, makes a tight fit and invisible to see)
Librands door top stay
Extra silicon around edges of perspex
Chunk of U channel rubber seal that fits on the edge of the windscreen frame (push fit on the draught excluders)
Posted By: PhilRoyle

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 01:22 PM

I`ve put paint protection film about 1" wide along the tops of the doors - stops squeaking and rubbing of the paint if dust/grit gets in.
Posted By: Stephen888

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 03:25 PM

Bin the sidescreens
Posted By: CooperMan

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 04:14 PM

I rub a tiny bit of clear tyre dressing into all the rubber seals where they contact any bodywork or the sidescreen alloy, works for me
Posted By: Tim Crump

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 04:35 PM

The squeaks on my +4 get worse when I have cleaned and polished the car
The handbook tells me at least every month to Check and lubricate door rubber weatherstrips.
No clue as to what to use but been thinking of using silicon grease.
Posted By: IcePack

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 05:06 PM

Many moons ago I had an S2000. To stop squeaks From the soft top they sold a Tube of silicone grease for the rubbers. Even had a part number.
Posted By: Kevcaster

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 07:00 PM

Me too.
I have one particularly annoying squeak that seems to move around behind my ear. No idea what it is.
Posted By: DaveW

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 09:21 PM

Use tyre dressing or rubber shine. The squeaking is often where the sidescreen overlaps the B panel, and without paint protection film can eventually mark the paint.
Posted By: Calypso Red

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 09:28 PM

Hi Rog, I had the same squeak and found that it came from the door catch. A bit of grease on the post that sticks out on the rear or body side of the door catch sorted it.
Posted By: Heinz

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 11/10/20 11:35 PM

In my case they were very loud and squeaking noises. It was the contact of the side windows at the front on the rubber of the A pillar/wind screen. But it was so loud that I could not have located it. Just apply the rubber on the A-pillar with silicone and the spook was over for years.
Posted By: Jack The Lad

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 12/10/20 09:58 AM

Just had a quick glance are we talking about the side screens !. I have gone into a car shop in Sunderland he has rolls of one sided sponge sticking tape in many sizes . I stick one on top of the other ( BLACK ON THE GREEN till I i get the thickness I require . Hence doors and side screens NOT MARKED . You can cut it to match . its been on mine a long time and you cannot see it .

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 12/10/20 11:36 AM

Ok thank you very much to everybody. Some good pointers and tips thumbs

I shall systematically work through all of the suggestions. The tyre dressing and paint protection film that I don’t have are now on order. And thanks for the heads up on the paint damage. Had a good close inspection and think I’ve just caught the foam padded twill pressure points on the screens from damaging the paint, just in the nick of time...

Re: Squeaky doors with side screens - 17/10/20 04:16 PM

All done and dusted thanks. My creaky squeaky groaning side screens are silent.

Rubber door seals polished buffed and lubed, ptfe grease on the catches and a couple of patches of paint protection film strategically placed.

[Linked Image]

Who knows, side screens on could be the new norm woohoo
© 2021 Talk Morgan - Morgan Sports Car Discussion Forum, Community and News