Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
22 registered (Chunky4/4Racer, tom+4, Old man, John V6, Burgundymog, andymot, Ray, Craig Jezz, Taffmog, Malcolm Hoar, bmgermany, Richard Wood, HeadlessBlue, M3W55, jonathan7barrow, BobtheTrain, deano, srapendle, KennethM, Graham, G4FUJ, Alistair, spooner), 97 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
The winter M3W
SwanMog Christmas party
Finished Plus 4 Side View
Mkiss Mog +4 fourseater
Management of cooling air flow
Newest Topics
Windsor Davies RIP
by +8Rich
19/01/19 04:11 PM
Different
by Craig Jezz
19/01/19 03:48 PM
Solar car charger
by John V6
19/01/19 02:15 PM
How do you cope with the wait
by HeadlessBlue
19/01/19 01:29 PM
FIrst to shout NIMBY wins..
by Alistair
19/01/19 01:22 PM
My Morgan story so far
by Fat Wolfie
19/01/19 11:18 AM
fancy a cheap foreign holiday home?
by howard
19/01/19 09:05 AM
Newest Members
PJS, 250swb, Mkiss, jacquesj, Dodger
6332 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,332 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,998 Topics
544,035 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
BertR
Page 79 of 79 < 1 2 77 78 79
Topic Options
#554718 - Today at 01:42 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Hamwich]
rainbowj Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Purton, nr Swindon UK
Originally Posted By Hamwich
Originally Posted By Gambalunga
What deal do you want?

I suspect there are still a fair few Leavers out there who think the EU is going to fold at the last minute and give the UK a deal that gives us all the benefits of EU membership but without any of the obligations.

Even if we were to get such an arrangement (along with our first deliveries of unicorns) I can't possibly see how we're going to be able to replicate (or indeed improve on as the Brexiteers have promised) all of the 700-odd individual trade arrangements and deals that the EU have with other countries and which we are no longer going to be able to benefit from.

I am sure the majority of people who glibly speak about trading on WTO terms have never bothered to look too closely at the WTO tariff rates - or indeed thought about how we are going to get our proposed schedule past all the WTO members like Moldova and Russia who seem very keen to veto it.

Still, I'm sure it'll work out in the end. Long after we're dead probably.

Of course the EU does not need our market. According to German industrial representatives this week a no-deal exit would be catastrophic for them. This is why a no-deal exit must be kept on the table. Reading the debate by MPs on the petition for no-deal (300,000 signatures) brought up some really enlightening aspects to various scenarios.

#554722 - Today at 01:47 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: rainbowj]
Gambalunga Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Mandello del Lario, Lake Como,...
Originally Posted By rainbowj
What deal do you want?

I suspect there are still a fair few Leavers out there who think the EU is going to fold at the last minute and give the UK a deal that gives us all the benefits of EU membership but without any of the obligations.

Even if we were to get such an arrangement (along with our first deliveries of unicorns) I can't possibly see how we're going to be able to replicate (or indeed improve on as the Brexiteers have promised) all of the 700-odd individual trade arrangements and deals that the EU have with other countries and which we are no longer going to be able to benefit from.

I am sure the majority of people who glibly speak about trading on WTO terms have never bothered to look too closely at the WTO tariff rates - or indeed thought about how we are going to get our proposed schedule past all the WTO members like Moldova and Russia who seem very keen to veto it.

Of course the EU does not need our market. According to German industrial representatives this week a no-deal exit would be catastrophic for them. This is why a no-deal exit must be kept on the table. Reading the debate by MPs on the petition for no-deal (300,000 signatures) brought up some really enlightening aspects to various scenarios.

I repeat: What deal do you want?

#554745 - Today at 03:39 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Moggo]
+8Rich Offline

Loc: UK

From No1 daughter today .. She is as cynical of this lot as I am..

#554748 - Today at 03:44 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Moggo]
+8Rich Offline

Loc: UK

#554750 - Today at 03:44 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Gambalunga]
rainbowj Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Purton, nr Swindon UK
Originally Posted By rainbowj
What deal do you want?

I repeat: What deal do you want?

Adeal with no entrapment in the so called backstop for a start.

Page 79 of 79 < 1 2 77 78 79

Moderator:  Simon