Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
20 registered (IvorMog, Stewart S, bmgermany, Dodger, Felix42, twotribes, IcePack, andymot, jong, waikiore, Martinus, V8Dave, P Dron, Aeroman, Malcolm Hoar, M3W55, Jack The Lad, petemog, NickCW, Pmh44), 94 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
More recent pics...
pic of car as suggested in welcome forum
Ford GDI engine for sale
Today at Rattray Head
The brae of Coynach
Newest Topics
Seeking 1981 Red 4/4 Reg XEL358X
by andymot
38 minutes 4 seconds ago
Nothing wrong with a bit of bondage.
by Eurosystem0
Today at 03:17 PM
Easy up hood
by DavidC
Today at 01:10 PM
TV Formula One on TV.
by Jack The Lad
Today at 11:41 AM
S3 to S5
by Gareth H
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Where are you from.
by Alistair
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
When leather is actually plastic...?
by BobJ
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
Newest Members
Lindsay B, Reckless, nate22, Mike3W, Dutchie55
6364 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,364 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,226 Topics
549,523 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
Ken A, Ruut Bianchi
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12
Topic Options
#560090 - Yesterday at 09:36 PM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: PaulV]
Heinz Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: Cologne, Germany
I guess the Sigma engine, because it is a NA engine of traditional built, without direct injection even if it has variable cams can not meet the new requirements. The only seriously taken NA engine which passes the latest requirements is the Mazda NA sky...em...somthing technology.

#560097 - Yesterday at 09:45 PM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: Jens]
Heinz Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Originally Posted By Jens
In Auto-Motor-Sport they say the new frame is quite possible from Aston Martin:

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/neuheiten/morgan-sportwagen-aston-martin-vanquish/

I hope the new frame is not for the 4/4 and +4. For me, a real Morgan is a new built vintage car with a modern engine and gearbox. With ladder-frame (same design since 1936), leafspring suspension, kingpings, wooden body frame, slim coachwork.

So the new +8, or this new roadster is not a real Morgan for me in the same way a Porsche Cayenne is not a real Porsche.

Okay, MMC has a development backlog of many decades. That's what makes these cars so attractive and unique. But if they want to sell in the future, they have to adapt in the meantime.

When the 911 was released in 1964/65 many Porsche fans reacted shocked and said that this is not a Porsche. Only a 356 is a real Porsche.
I can well understand, Jens, what you like about a Morgan. There are enough traditional Morgan that you can buy used for a long time...

And it is due to the skill of MMC that a new technically modern model is also accepted and reflects the inner values of a Morgan.

#560101 - Yesterday at 09:55 PM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: Gambalunga]
P Dron Online   NoMood

Has a lot to Say!

Originally Posted By Gambalunga
Originally Posted By P Dron
But that is the problem, isn't it? For example, the very good 1.6 Sigma engine in my 2015 4/4 does not comply with the latest EU emissions regulations. I believe the same applies to the Plus 4's engine. And they cannot simply drop new engines in...

I'm not sure whether the 1.6 Sigma engine does not comply or whether it has simply not been homolgated under the new rules. In any case it would not surprise me enormously to see it replaced by something of a smaller capacity with a turbo wink

It is, after all, the current trend and very few manufacturers now have naturally aspirated engines in their product lineup. If you were a small producer you would be looking for a supply of engines that are already homologated under the new rules.

I agree with all that and there are several efficient engines that would fit nicely into a Trad. But the problem is that the homologation process makes that difficult for small-scale car manufacturers. The MMC cannot just replace the Sigma engine with something else and get it rubber-stamped for next week.

#560127 - Yesterday at 11:08 PM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: P Dron]
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

But that is the problem, isn't it? For example, the very good 1.6 Sigma engine in my 2015 4/4 does not comply with the latest EU emissions regulations. I believe the same applies to the Plus 4's engine. And they cannot simply drop new engines in...

I'm not sure whether the 1.6 Sigma engine does not comply or whether it has simply not been homolgated under the new rules. In any case it would not surprise me enormously to see it replaced by something of a smaller capacity with a turbo wink

It is, after all, the current trend and very few manufacturers now have naturally aspirated engines in their product lineup. If you were a small producer you would be looking for a supply of engines that are already homologated under the new rules.

I agree with all that and there are several efficient engines that would fit nicely into a Trad. But the problem is that the homologation process makes that difficult for small-scale car manufacturers. The MMC cannot just replace the Sigma engine with something else and get it rubber-stamped for next week.

If the replacement engine meets current Euro standards then I would have thought they could. At the worst they could be IVA'd until the Low Volume Exemption (or whatever it is called these days) gets sorted?

#560134 - Today at 12:16 AM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: PaulV]
Taffmog Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Wales
I’ve read these posts with interest and glee! Nobody has got it right. I’m in the enviable position to have had inside information about the new car e.g. the chassis, the engine, the name etc. I think it’s going to be one helluva car and I look forward with excitement. All will be revealed at Geneva. Strange no one has mentioned that BMW do have a twin turbo V8 in production? Could even be a hybrid with silly horse power! You’ll find out in a few weeks..........😜

#560214 - Today at 12:17 PM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: Rovert]
P Dron Online   NoMood

Has a lot to Say!

Originally Posted By Rovert

If the replacement engine meets current Euro standards then I would have thought they could. At the worst they could be IVA'd until the Low Volume Exemption (or whatever it is called these days) gets sorted?

It is not as simple as you imagine, alas.

#560225 - Today at 01:00 PM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: Taffmog]
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
Originally Posted By Taffmog
I’ve read these posts with interest and glee! Nobody has got it right. I’m in the enviable position to have had inside information about the new car e.g. the chassis, the engine, the name etc. I think it’s going to be one helluva car and I look forward with excitement. All will be revealed at Geneva. Strange no one has mentioned that BMW do have a twin turbo V8 in production? Could even be a hybrid with silly horse power! You’ll find out in a few weeks..........😜

500-600bhp in that weight - Ultima territory - that's going to take some work to adapt to as even the Aero owners enjoy the lazy torque more than the rev-the-furrys-off-it of the current cars. Geneva needs to come sooner.

#560233 - Today at 01:48 PM Re: Autocar spies new Mog! [Re: PaulV]
Chester.G Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Cork
Breaking news from VW

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon