So over the last three weeks we've covered over 1200miles, first to Cornwall and then to BHM.
Quite a bit of this mileage has been in heavy rain, especially the 200 miles back from BHM.
When Tigger was on the ramp, Keith pointed out some small rusty water marks. Some are around the front of the chassis, apparently emerging between the chassis and cross tube frame. It seems likely that the drilled holes for the front frame may have got wet and started to rust. So since we got home I've been dribbling ACF50 into the joint, and this is now seeping out at the bottom. You can see the ACF running down here as a wet line:
The other place which is showing rusty water marks is the front corner of the triangular sections at each corner of the bulkhead. This is double skinned where the triangle is welded over (actually under)the chassis. The edge is nicely sealed to keep water out but interestingly there's a hole on top of the chassis rail at that point which will admit water. But the benefit of this hole, and there is one each side, is that ACF50 can be dripped into this hole. And the really interesting thing is that so far I haven't filled the cavity, because the ACF50 is still draining into the hole. The handy dispenser given in the MOG16 goody bag is perfect for this job, and is easily refilled from a standard aerosol can,
Here's the hole into the cavity. You will also see the very neat seal between the chassis and the plate.
Now it turns out that Tigger is a slow filler. I juggled the internal flap but no difference. It turns out that there was a very slight kink in the pipe. Note also that this is no longer a single pipe, but has a metal junction piece.
I slackened off the lower Jubilee clip, and eased the pipe down a small amount, this was the result:
The outcome is that the rate of filling has improved considerably, and is 'normal'.
The header rail dripped very slightly in the torrential rain. So I've added a second strip of 3mm circular neoprene section.
Here on the right (arrowed) is my original neoprene addition under the front lip where it stays without glue. On the left and reflecting the red from the arrow is my second addition, before I trimmed it to fit.
It goes in here:
The neoprene profile can also be used to tidy up the door mirrors in this style:
Finally I've added some extra seals to the sidescreens, to stop splash back..........
I first did this on my Roadster and it works well. Note also the straight strip on the front edge, left hand side.
And that's it for now. More hols on the way so I'll be off line in a couple of days.