Click here to return to the home page.
Classic Morgans
Who's Online
5 registered (drk, Volvos60s60, High Noon, skimog, Apothecarius), 49 Guests and 69 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Driving Safety Training
Border Reivers
jurassic ride!
Warren Classics Breakfast Meet This Sunday
Rolls meets Porsche
Newest Topics
Upside down
by The Austrian
29/04/17 08:08 PM
OIL SEAL FOR A CAM GEARS (BISHOP) STEERING BOX
by SuffJohn
29/04/17 04:44 PM
Test drive across the USA of a Ford Mustang
by John V6
29/04/17 03:54 PM
Radial anyone !
by +8Rich
29/04/17 12:08 PM
Light entertainment web site.
by Alistair
29/04/17 12:07 PM
M3W convoy to MK
by Ricardo
29/04/17 10:26 AM
Hood turnbuckles
by AndyR
29/04/17 07:11 AM
Newest Members
Rocketeer72, SeanSmith, Mogi, Bob17, Andrew Allen
5483 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5,483 Registered Members
33 Forums
28,253 Topics
436,089 Posts

Most users ever online: 252 @ 25/02/17 10:13 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55655 - 03/02/11 02:13 PM 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports
TalkMorgan Offline

The TM in Talk Morgan
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: England
MMC have confirmed the price of the 2011 +4 SuperSports to be 49,995, which includes VAT.

Quote:
At the 1950 Earl's Court Motor Show Morgan introduced the 2088cc Plus 4 car to the world. This highly capable machine became the platform for annual innovative performance upgrades within the company. The perfect balance between engine size and weight was the catalyst for the birth of the Plus 4 Super Sports race ready car. This car introduced the infamous low-line aluminium body and a highly tuned mechanical specification taking Morgan to victory in their class at the 1962 Le Mans 24 hour race. This ground breaking success encouraged Peter Morgan to introduce many permanent additions to the Plus 4 which has continued to evolve to this day.

To celebrate this on the sixth decade of the Plus 4, Morgan Motor Company is proudly reintroducing the limited edition Plus 4 Super Sports.

Like it's sixty year old predecessor, the 2011 Plus 4 Super Sports features a carefully considered specification including an array of performance upgrades, track inspired accessories and fashionable sixties themed aesthetics. This truly versatile car contains all the reliability of the modern Morgan but with a large injection of legendary 60s racing spirit.

Engine, drivetrain and suspension

2 ltr variable cam engine with 200+bhp

Throttle bodies

Uprated Exhaust system

Adjustable shock absorbers

Anti-tramp bar

Panhard rod

Uprated brake Pads and reaction bars

3.73 limited slip diff

3 turn steering rack

Exterior

Inspired by 1960's track cars

Minilite centre lock wheels

3 eared spinners

Performance 205/65R15 tyres

Grill mesh

Aluminium front under tray painted in body colour

Bonnet scoop with full louvres

Stick on front number plate

Bonnet pins

Flat back panel with Louvres

Le mans filler cap

Rear exit exhaust

Aluminium bulk head numbered plate

Super Sport signature badge

9 stud screen and hood

New removable hard top

Interior Specification

Inspired by 1960's race cockpits

Banjo steering wheel

Light ash wood dash

Black leather standard

Rubber mats

Perforated leather crash pad.

Black perforated leather door tops

Black perforated leather seat centres

Net door pockets and glove box

Dash map light

Stop watch timing clocks

Unique dial aesthetic

Toggle switches

Anniversary Plus 4 dash badge

I have attached the brochure to this post.

Attachments
Morgan +4 SuperSports brochure.pdf (418 downloads)
Description: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports brochure

#55668 - 03/02/11 06:20 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: TalkMorgan]
lightsphere Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: County Down
A very exclusive Morgan Classic with some attractive extras, hard top, engine upgrade, minilites etc. With only 60 being made of a very special edition the price tag looks good value.

#55684 - 03/02/11 11:44 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: lightsphere]
rubymorgan Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Sunny Australia
the price translated to A$ 80,000-
my post office savings book does not have enough pages sob sob ooo gloomy

#55737 - 04/02/11 10:23 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: lightsphere]
swan013 Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: Marseille, France
Originally Posted By lightsphere
A very exclusive Morgan Classic with some attractive extras, hard top, engine upgrade, minilites etc. With only 60 being made of a very special edition the price tag looks good value.

Sad but only RHD and only for the UK mad2

#61064 - 02/05/11 06:13 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: swan013]
Max5 Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Ayrshire
With only 60 being produced and a bespoke engine, guess who is going to be doing the development work

#61066 - 02/05/11 06:24 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: Max5]
Aeroman Offline

Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: Eton, Berks
Your post would be taken more seriously Max5, if you had some history on TalkMorgan instead of it being a first post. As it is, it just reeks of sour grapes...

Aeroman

Morgan SP1 (Rocket Red)
Morgan Plus 8 (Rocket Blue)

#61084 - 02/05/11 09:48 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: Aeroman]
GLLHG Offline
South Wales Correspondent
Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: South Wales UK
Originally Posted By Aeroman
Your post would be taken more seriously Max5, if you had some history on TalkMorgan instead of it being a first post. As it is, it just reeks of sour grapes...

Aeroman

I'm with AeroMan on this. As regular posters on TM will know, I ain't a fan of the 'Max and its derivatives ( can I use that word?) but my reasons are, I hope, well- articulated and reasoned. I have issues with matters such as build quality and the fact that, inevitably, MMC must rely on early customers to be 'development car' owners.
The same must, to an extent, apply to the +4 SS

For a number of reasons, I wouldn't buy a +4SS Included in this equation are, inter alia:
(i)The engine ( Duratec is good but in Morgan spec is still way behind what that same lump can do in a Caterham or Westfield
(ii) I'm not happy about the way the ECU will work ( Piggy backs are not my thing)
(iii) How much work has been done on the short engine in terms of crank, rods, pistons etc
To sum up, I'm nowhere near convinced that the Aero racing package on the +4SS is good enough or has been thought through

So, my grounds are clear to me and, I hope, logical.

On the other hand,perhaps the important factor is that there are many owners who seem ( certainly if posts on this site are any guide) to be more than willing to go with the situation which I have outlined above because,put simply, the advantages of driving the car outweigh the downside and, if they are willing to back this up by putting their cash up front, then who are we to gainsay that

Logic is good so I'd be interested to hear your detailed reasons on this matter. You know what they say, " Knowledge is power"
regards,
G

#61109 - 03/05/11 08:47 AM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: Aeroman]
Max5 Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Ayrshire
Far from sour grapes,it is more tongue-in-cheek although my comments are based on protracted an bitter experience with a Series 2 Roadster (which replaced a relatively trouble-free Series 1). I don't believe that, with a limited run of only 60 cars, Morgan have the resources to carry out the required development work on an engine which will be unique to that car in the Morgan range. I view the +4SS as a marketing rather than a development driven product. On the other hand, it could be a "toe in the water" to test a new power unit for the next Roadster.........?

#61145 - 03/05/11 05:38 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: Max5]
JJW Offline

Learner Plates Off!

Loc: NL
Originally Posted By Max5
On the other hand, it could be a "toe in the water" to test a new power unit for the next Roadster.........?

I hope not! (unless they bolt a compressor or two turbo's on it to boost the low and midrange). For me the two cars represent totally different driving styles. The 2L needs to be wound up to release the ponies. I dont think a 200+bhp VVT version will be much different in that respect. (which engine is that btw?) For the Roadster imho the goal should be effortless acceleration and wheel spinning torque at low revs, like the car it replaced. Smaller (&cleaner) is the trend(1.6L 4cil in F1 next), but for NA engines, "you cant beat the cubes".
cheers J

#61151 - 03/05/11 06:36 PM Re: 2011 Morgan Plus 4 SuperSports [Re: Max5]
Ivo Offline
TM Photographer of 2011
Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Luxembourg
Originally Posted By Max5
(...) protracted an bitter experience with a Series 2 Roadster (...)

What was wrong? I have my series II since three and a half year now, and find it to be completely trouble-free.
Well, one exception was the anti-tramp-bar (thread ; pictures ; temporary modification). But that's history now.

Great car thumbs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon