This from the MSCC website:
The Magazine (History)...............

An intrinsic part of the club has been its magazine. The first magazine appeared in November 1951. ‘Motoring and Morgans’ consisted of seventeen pages of hand typed A4 stapled together with a blue cover. It contained the names of the club officers and a full membership list, reports on the club's first events, notification of RAC recognition, details of future events, technical articles and so on. Obviously the only ads were private ones like “1938 4/4 4 seater, new hood, tonneau, and tyres. Complete re-spray engine and transmission overhaul, the price £395”.

A smaller A5 magazine appeared in 1955. ‘Monthly Miscellany’ was the heading on the first page and gave a clue to the origins of the name of our present day magazine.

In 1960 the magazine was called ‘Miscellany’ and back to A4 size reporting on various events.............

By February 1966 the flat-rad on the cover was replaced with a racing cowled rad, the same as used on the club letterhead.

May 1968 and the magazine is now carrying commercial advertisements, 3 full page and 2 half page. There is much discussion on changing the Club's name. The August issue of that year was largely devoted to the introduction of the Plus Eight at a cost of £1,477-18s-4d.

Spring 1970 and the magazine has shrunk again to A5 size with a white cover sporting the Morgan Wing. This issue contains the results of the referendum on the name change..........


DaveW
'05 Red Roadster S1
'16 Yellow (Not the only) Narrow AR GDI Plus 4